Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Mansfield Matchday Thread  (Read 37367 times)
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: Monday, February 12, 2018, 09:23:47 »

On the extended highlights I swear the commentator refers to us about 12 times as Swinton... Doh

We looked very good though judging purely on that 10 and a bit minutes.
« Last Edit: Monday, February 12, 2018, 09:25:35 by OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR » Logged
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #196 on: Monday, February 12, 2018, 09:41:20 »

Do you need an iFollow account to watch extended highlghts?
Panda Paws

« Reply #197 on: Monday, February 12, 2018, 09:44:04 »

Do you need an iFollow account to watch extended highlghts?

Yes
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #198 on: Monday, February 12, 2018, 09:45:52 »

ok cheers
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: Monday, February 12, 2018, 09:48:45 »

If that's the level of performance we can expect for the rest of the season we will go up automatically. This is Swindon though, so it won't be, but it was nice to see us actually play well. Really impressed with Knoyle, Banks, Taylor & Preston. Richards never stopped running (legs gone my arse) too and looks like a good addition to the squad.

Overall feeling a lot more hopeful.... Until tomorrow when we get stuffed by Wycombe.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #200 on: Monday, February 12, 2018, 10:28:29 »

I was also impressed with Purkiss. I know a lot of people have a go at him but he's a bit of an unsung hero in my books and I say that even though he worse the yellow.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: Monday, February 12, 2018, 10:52:14 »

If that's the level of performance we can expect for the rest of the season we will go up automatically. This is Swindon though, so it won't be, but it was nice to see us actually play well.

No it won't be.  Teams that get auto have a sort of default whereby they win because their average performance is good enough.  Most teams win when they play well, it's just that it doesn't happen very often.

With 14 games to go we'll need a bare minimun of 9 wins, 10 would be very competitive throw in a couple of draws, we can probably lose 3 more max.

Our last 14, 7 wins 1 draw 6 defeats.  That sort of form has been our season's default.... in other words it will require a sizeable rise in form to make it likely. 

OK it could happen, but strong finishes to a season are hard to find in our history, unless preceded by strong form over most of a season. 

To give some sort of idea how difficult it is PdC's champions had a won 8 drawn 2 lost 4, last 14.... Sturrock's side a won 7 drawn 3 lost 4.

Lose tomorrow and we'll be more or less out of the picture barring something very extraordinary.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: Monday, February 12, 2018, 11:07:04 »

Everyone bar Luton has been so inconsistent that it could really go any way. That being said, since Luton trounced us our form has been pretty good, particularly at home where we have obviously struggled before. I think we're in a good position to really make a crack at the top 3. I'm not sure we'll make it to be honest, but we seem to have found a better balance in the squad. A win tomorrow and automatic will seem a very distinct possibly.

It would be typical Swindon to beat Wycombe tomorrow then lose at home to Vale on Saturday!
« Last Edit: Monday, February 12, 2018, 11:37:33 by Tails » Logged
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: Monday, February 12, 2018, 11:11:57 »

Everyone bar Luton has been so inconsistent that it could really go any way. That being said, since Luton trounced our form has been pretty good, particularly at home where we have obviously struggled before. I think we're in a good position to really make a crack at the top 3. I'm not sure we'll make it to be honest, but we seem to have found a better balance in the squad. A win tomorrow and automatic will seem a very distinct possibly.

It would be typical Swindon to beat Wycombe tomorrow then lose at home to Vale on Saturday!
No, no, no Tails. We're as good as out of it. Lose tomorrow and we're done. Keep up!
Flashheart

« Reply #204 on: Monday, February 12, 2018, 11:14:16 »

If we are actually beginning to play well, we've chosen about the best possible time to do so.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: Monday, February 12, 2018, 11:19:40 »

No, no, no Tails. We're as good as out of it. Lose tomorrow and we're done. Keep up!

Lose tomorrow and relegation beckons?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: Monday, February 12, 2018, 11:38:11 »

Lose tomorrow and relegation beckons?

Only if we've been cooking the books again...
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: Monday, February 12, 2018, 13:16:10 »

You're such a pessimist  Wink

There certainly have been times when at the start of each season, asked about our hopes, many of us would've thought:

1   avoid administration and extinction
   2   avoid relegation
   3   take it game by game if we do hit 40 points before the last day

Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: Monday, February 12, 2018, 14:00:16 »

If we are actually beginning to play well, we've chosen about the best possible time to do so.
All part of the plan dear boy, all part of the plan.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: Monday, February 12, 2018, 14:36:08 »

Our remaining home games all look extremely winnable - especially given our recent home improvements. Obviously we won’t win them all, but 5 wins plus a couple of draws should see a good return.

Win another 3 or 4 away and that should be enough for 3rd. Bring it on!
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17   Go Up
Print
Jump to: