Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Mansfield Matchday Thread  (Read 37390 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I知 A Scientist.

« Reply #180 on: Sunday, February 11, 2018, 11:25:13 »

Just spent the weekend on Dartmoor with no signal so pleasantly surprised to see the result. Good breakaway goal too. Not read back yet to see how we played.
 Pint
Don't bother mate, we played well...thats all Smiley

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: Sunday, February 11, 2018, 11:40:35 »

Still a good effort though. Sods law for them that they lost.
REDBUCK

« Reply #182 on: Sunday, February 11, 2018, 11:42:53 »

Went for glory, was a little tame in the end but he's got an eye for goal and for the benefit of RedBuck...yes I think for us Richards may well be going from possible goalscorer to goalscorer for us  Wink

And after yesterday all round performance, he adds a lot more. Something Morris should be aiming for at.

:-)
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: Sunday, February 11, 2018, 12:48:24 »

And after yesterday all round performance, he adds a lot more. Something Morris should be aiming for at.

:-)

Haha, I knew you'd find this in the comments  Cheesy Yeah definitely, he's a hard working guy and just loves playing. I have similar feeling with Taylor; his enthusiasm when scoring or creating a goal is like a fan on the pitch.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Peter Venkman

« Reply #184 on: Sunday, February 11, 2018, 13:04:34 »

Haha, I knew you'd find this in the comments  Cheesy Yeah definitely, he's a hard working guy and just loves playing. I have similar feeling with Taylor; his enthusiasm when scoring or creating a goal is like a fan on the pitch.
Yet Norfamton fans said that both their legs have gone which was why they left them and joined us, I beg to differ as both can easily last 90 mins.

BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: Sunday, February 11, 2018, 13:09:38 »

Yet Norfamton fans said that both their legs have gone which was why they left them and joined us, I beg to differ as both can easily last 90 mins.

Players like Keshi and Woolery aside, I'd hazard a guess that Richards and Taylor probably come out near the top for stamina levels in training. They just don't give up.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Anteater

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: Sunday, February 11, 2018, 13:38:04 »

Agree with most comments on this thread, probably as solid a performance as we have had at home this season.
Back 3 were immense, best game I've seen Purkiss have. Hope Flitcroft leaves them all in for Wycombe and puts Lancashire on the bench, wont hold my breath though as he clearly has his favourites. How Norris gets the nod ahead of Woolery or Mullin I don't know, particularly with Richards in the side. Great result though and with Scum getting beat and Slave traders squandering a 3 goal lead it's a decent weekend.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #187 on: Sunday, February 11, 2018, 13:49:35 »

Players like Keshi and Woolery aside, I'd hazard a guess that Richards and Taylor probably come out near the top for stamina levels in training. They just don't give up.
Indeed, they do seem to run and run.

Elsnik did look knackered yesterday from about half time onwards, but then hes had a lot of playing time in the last 2 weeks when he came back, he has played every minute for us since he came on at half time vs Crewe 5 games ago after such a long lay off, he also played at least 1 full game for Derby reserves before that in the same week as the Crewe match.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #188 on: Sunday, February 11, 2018, 13:51:59 »

Agree with most comments on this thread, probably as solid a performance as we have had at home this season.
Back 3 were immense, best game I've seen Purkiss have. Hope Flitcroft leaves them all in for Wycombe and puts Lancashire on the bench, wont hold my breath though as he clearly has his favourites. How Norris gets the nod ahead of Woolery or Mullin I don't know, particularly with Richards in the side. Great result though and with Scum getting beat and Slave traders squandering a 3 goal lead it's a decent weekend.
Purkiss has played really well in his last 3 games there before yesterday, away at Stevenage, Lincoln and Accrington, he looked like he has always played there, all credit to him, he wins lots of headers and he can also play it out of defence when needed unlike a lot of CB's at this level.

RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: Sunday, February 11, 2018, 14:06:16 »

Taylor's problem is clearly that he doesn't have the engine needed, or thought processes, to play central midfield.  That's where he started with us and he looks useless when he plays there, which is why the Landalo experiment is even more baffling.  He doesn't need to be an ever attacking option in our team because we don;t play it out of defence, so he can trot up when needed and deliver a cross, the thing he is good at.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #190 on: Sunday, February 11, 2018, 14:13:21 »

Taylor's problem is clearly that he doesn't have the engine needed, or thought processes, to play central midfield.  That's where he started with us and he looks useless when he plays there, which is why the Landalo experiment is even more baffling.  He doesn't need to be an ever attacking option in our team because we don;t play it out of defence, so he can trot up when needed and deliver a cross, the thing he is good at.
I agree with that, Iandolo looked lost at LB, a little better at LWB but thats a much better position for Taylor, as you say he looked utterly lost in the central midfield slot.

Yesterday was his best game for us in a long time, even without the goal, the last few weeks his set pieces have been poor and thats a major part of his armoury, his form did dip after the OG vs Luton but hes back to his normal self now.

And he is a major asset at this level for set pieces alone.

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: Sunday, February 11, 2018, 14:22:00 »

So, do we think Flitcroft has inadvertently stumbled on our best system/players.

Or is he a tactical genius?

The back 3 look solid. The midfield energetic and creative.

I appreciate he has to get to this point by trial and error and adding to the squad and he deserves credit for it, too.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: Sunday, February 11, 2018, 15:18:09 »

Don't bother mate, we played well...thats all Smiley

Haha cheers, saved me 👍
REDBUCK

« Reply #193 on: Sunday, February 11, 2018, 15:22:55 »

Haha, I knew you'd find this in the comments  Cheesy Yeah definitely, he's a hard working guy and just loves playing. I have similar feeling with Taylor; his enthusiasm when scoring or creating a goal is like a fan on the pitch.

Don't feel too special, only just read the thread back as I was at the game and like to chuckle at how different the views are to what I thought I saw. Yours was the only to reference me.

As for Flitcroft or any manager at this level, the first 6/9 months is all about trial and error and what you can afford helps.  I'm sure even Dicanio did some tinkering

After that the tactical genius hopefully comes to the fore.

Its been said that three transfer windows is plenty of time to tinker
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: Sunday, February 11, 2018, 16:00:45 »

Just spent the weekend on Dartmoor with no signal so pleasantly surprised to see the result. Good breakaway goal too. Not read back yet to see how we played.
 Pint
The temperature in the DRS was probably pretty similar to that on Dartmoor.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17   Go Up
Print
Jump to: