Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 17   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Mansfield Matchday Thread  (Read 37983 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: Saturday, February 10, 2018, 20:14:12 »

Fat Twat.
There's no need for that, Arnold Corns was just stating his point of view
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: Saturday, February 10, 2018, 20:15:16 »

Also their number 7 looked like James Corden which was quite distracting

Thats that twat that played for Oxford last season and got Vigouroux sent off in the game at the 3 sided shitpit
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: Saturday, February 10, 2018, 20:16:26 »

There's no need for that, Arnold Corns was just stating his point of view
Sorry, meant Mr Evans.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: Saturday, February 10, 2018, 20:29:32 »

Sorry, meant Mr Evans.
I know, I was just being an arse for my own amusement
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: Saturday, February 10, 2018, 20:30:03 »

Thats that twat that played for Oxford last season and got Vigouroux sent off in the game at the 3 sided shitpit
And he does carpool karaoke which is a pile of toss
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: Saturday, February 10, 2018, 20:35:51 »

And he does carpool karaoke which is a pile of toss

Thank the lord. Someone else who agrees with me on this.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: Saturday, February 10, 2018, 20:43:36 »

Thought Norris had a good game today. He made a few mistakes but so did every other player, the difference is when he makes a mistake there's a vocal minority of fuckwits in the stands giving him shit. I personally don't think he's very good, but I don't see what's gained by giving one of your own players stick every time they make errors.
Good game which we thoroughly deserved to win. Seeing fatty Evans spitting out his dummymade it even sweeter.
It's funny how we all see things differently. I thought Norris was atrocious throughout. His first touch, positional sense & spatial awareness are non-existent. He appears to play the game a yard off the pace & if, as others have suggested, this is down to fitness then it's on DF for selecting him ahead of more competent options. I'd much rather see Mullin in his place now, assuming that Woolery remains out of favour after being hauled off in the first half the other day. Actually thought it was poor management by DF not to bring Woolery on to stretch the game out for the final 15/20 mins.
  Onto the positives though & everybody else played well. Preston was my MOTM. Won everything in the air & complemented Purkiss & Meneyese well. Meneyese did misjudge the flight of the ball a couple of times & is clearly raw but has good potential & is very physical. Taylor had an excellent game. Took his goal well & put some great deliveries in, in particular one in the second half where he drove over the ball at pace & did extremely well to keep it down.

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: Saturday, February 10, 2018, 20:46:59 »

On the goal, it's going down as a keeper error but did many people expect Taylor to shoot rather than cross?

He's hit it well, keeper set for cross.... didn't leave much time to readjust.

To be fair the keeper looked pretty good other than that.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: Saturday, February 10, 2018, 20:58:36 »

On the goal, it's going down as a keeper error but did many people expect Taylor to shoot rather than cross?

He's hit it well, keeper set for cross.... didn't leave much time to readjust.

To be fair the keeper looked pretty good other than that.
Keeper kept them in the game, two or three very good saves
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: Saturday, February 10, 2018, 22:09:37 »

Also their number 7 looked like James Corden which was quite distracting

His physique looked more like that of a rugby player than football.

Really enjoyed the game today, it was a game we needed to win and we did just that.  Good display from all, but like others thought Norris was lazy at times and some of the decisions he makes are just odd.

Slightly disappointed that Woolery wasn't brought on for the last 10 or 15 minutes when we had several players with tired legs.  It does seem as if Flitcroft is making a point.  I wonder when we'll see him again.

Big game on Tuesday, although I'm going and my away record is poor.  It has to change sometime ....

ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: Saturday, February 10, 2018, 22:12:57 »

Shock horror!!  Fatty Evans in ball boy splat!!  He ought to have concentrated on the fact that his team hardly fashioned a chance, our defence restricting them to long range shooting, some of it fairly wild!!   We should have won that far more comfortably than the scoreline shows, poor finishing and good goalkeeping stood between us and a 4-0 win today.  Richards led the line well, Preston was superb in defence and Norris was well Norris, lots of endeavour but something lacking in his all-round game.  At times he doesn't look brave enough, one incident in the second half where he was favourite to win the ball but slowed up and lost out.  That shoulder injury must be playing on his mind.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: Saturday, February 10, 2018, 22:23:58 »

Top lad, hope he doesn't have to put his hand in his pocket in the tuck shop all term (yes, I know they don't have tuck shops any more and yes I know I'm showing my age)

Back on topic?
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: Saturday, February 10, 2018, 22:25:44 »

Back on topic?

You've gotta be nuts. A comment like that doesn't belong in this galaxy...

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: Saturday, February 10, 2018, 22:54:44 »

Slightly disappointed that Woolery wasn't brought on for the last 10 or 15 minutes when we had several players with tired legs.  It does seem as if Flitcroft is making a point.  I wonder when we'll see him again
He came on at Accrington and did very little. I think people are making much more of the subbing situation than is really there
ferret

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: Saturday, February 10, 2018, 23:54:23 »

It's hardly a wonder that Norris pisses people off. Alright, he put his shoulder out a few months ago, but that doesn't justify a cowardly, half-arsed approach. That one he shirked just before half time, when he could have gone through on goal, was criminal. And, aside from penalties (6 out of 6 - credit where it's due), he's fucking dreadful in front of goal.

Him aside, we were excellent and well worth the win. Taylor is a class act, love him. Preston was superb and looks so much happier with a partner who has some pace and mobility, Elsnik can play and works hard with it, and Banks and Richards are so much better than what we had.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 17   Go Up
Print
Jump to: