Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 17   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Mansfield Matchday Thread  (Read 37376 times)
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: Saturday, February 10, 2018, 18:25:40 »

Today keeps us just about still in the mix for autos. Once we get Tuesday out of the way, then the midweek fixtures which have caused us many problems are done and dusted.  Then the there are some tough looking games on paper, but not in a heap like the last couple of weeks.

Agreed. Again Tuesday is massive but a point or better would certainly keep us in the auto mix. It's tight as. I think we can do one on Wycombe at Adams Park if i'm honest but i'm going to lay down the fixtures remaining in Feb and do what I did for Jan (predict them);

Wycombe    (A) 13/02 - I think we can win but i'm gong to say a Draw here just to be conservative. A win would be amazing and would see us claim 4th place at a bare minimum.

Port Vale     (H) 17/02 - Win. Mansfield play Exeter the same weekend so a draw between them would help us get more daylight. Crawley looking like the form team charging into the play-offs and have a bit of momentum. They play Luton (13/02), Lincoln (17/02), and FGR (24/02) so keep an eye on them too.

Chesterfield (A) 24/02 - Again a win. Shouldn't be anything less. Not with our away record.

So 7pts out of 9pts available predicted, would have us on 61pts we would have to be looking at 3rd place and trailing 2nd by around 4pts. It would be looking (by Feb 24th) like a play off birth would be our minimum placing, barring an absolute disaster.

It's not going to be easy but we can keep grinding out results we know (like today) teams around us WILL drop points. Risk and reward, I think if the fans start to believe a little more that may be the extra to push us over the line and go up automatically. I can't stomach another "New Wembley no show", however stranger things have happened.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #136 on: Saturday, February 10, 2018, 18:33:25 »

Thought Norris had a good game today. He made a few mistakes but so did every other player, the difference is when he makes a mistake there's a vocal minority of fuckwits in the stands giving him shit. I personally don't think he's very good, but I don't see what's gained by giving one of your own players stick every time they make errors.
Good game which we thoroughly deserved to win. Seeing fatty Evans spitting out his dummymade it even sweeter.
I haven't heard any obvious giving him shit I just hear a collective sigh or groan when hes in a great position and then manages to miss the ball totally, shoots wide or his control turns an attack into a defensive action.

I think he could well still come good, he played much better today (as he started to at Lincoln before being subbed early on) but is still a yard off the pace at times, I don't thik he is anywhere near the fitness level he should be at and maybe the shoulder is stopping him going into tackles when he should?

Playing alongside Richards should help him, watching how he holds off players and passes a short pass into the path of Town players all the time, but also the way he takes up positions in the box where he always looks a danger.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: Saturday, February 10, 2018, 18:46:06 »

he's not going to come good. he is what he is. useful at times, not at all composed in front of goal and other hit and miss things.

Do we have any better? Not sure really.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #138 on: Saturday, February 10, 2018, 18:48:12 »

he's not going to come good. he is what he is. useful at times, not at all composed in front of goal and other hit and miss things.

Do we have any better? Not sure really.
Do we have any better? not playing the role he does of target man, do we have a better striker, for me yes Woolery but for Flitcorft...I would say no.

chalkies_shorts

« Reply #139 on: Saturday, February 10, 2018, 19:35:32 »

Best performance at home this season. Mansfield were no mugs and we were better and fully deserved our win. Preston MOM for me followed by Anderson. No bad performances today. That really was a team performance - they scrapped for everything. I was actually glad to see Lancashire missing and we didn't miss him. The beer will taste good tonight. Scum losing as well, bonus.
I think I might just go to Wycombe on Tuesday.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: Saturday, February 10, 2018, 19:41:24 »

hehe, the ball boy that upset fatty was the boy in my son's class. Brilliant. I'll put a beer in the fridge for when he's 18..

let's say he got a bit of on pitch encouragement not to go get it Smiley
Peter Venkman

« Reply #141 on: Saturday, February 10, 2018, 19:45:25 »

hehe, the ball boy that upset fatty was the boy in my son's class. Brilliant. I'll put a beer in the fridge for when he's 18..

let's say he got a bit of on pitch encouragement not to go get it Smiley
Any idea what he did to upset Evans mate? iFollow just showed the ref going up and facing up to Evans like he was going to knock him out!

For the record I thought The ref helped make the game flow well, best ref I have seen this season.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: Saturday, February 10, 2018, 19:50:19 »

it was said ball boy sitting there not getting the ball, meaning the Mansfield player had to run and get it. meaning Evans got shitty as they were in a hurry chasing the game.
Flashheart

« Reply #143 on: Saturday, February 10, 2018, 19:50:39 »

Upsetting fatty Evans is something he can put on his CV. The kid's made already.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: Saturday, February 10, 2018, 20:03:23 »

Thought we played some good football today (in a context) and easily looked the best team, albeit a 1 goal lead always leaves you a bit vulnerable. Having been quite critical of Flitcroft's style of play etc, it seems to have evolved as he's brought better players in in Jan and I have to say I'm enjoying it. Full credit to him.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: Saturday, February 10, 2018, 20:04:26 »

hehe, the ball boy that upset fatty was the boy in my son's class.
Top lad, hope he doesn't have to put his hand in his pocket in the tuck shop all term (yes, I know they don't have tuck shops any more and yes I know I'm showing my age)
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: Saturday, February 10, 2018, 20:05:50 »

Just got home and must admit I thoroughly enjoyed todays game - nailbiting as it was.  Like most previous  posts I have read I think today everyone put in a shift,  would not single out a  single player for criticism,   all battled  for 96 minutes and can hold their head's up after today's performance.
Agree with posts regarding Norris, he reminds me  of Martin Lyng, very lightweight, no good in the air, normally in the wrong place but does manage to score goals, think Woolery a much better option.
Anyway, hoping this is the start to winning run,  we've not got the hardest of run ins, but we must continue to perform as we did today.
Not bad for a Circus team is it Fatty Evans ?.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Arnold Corns

« Reply #147 on: Saturday, February 10, 2018, 20:06:19 »

The man's deluded

https://www.mansfieldtown.net/news/2018/february/evans-post-swindon/
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: Saturday, February 10, 2018, 20:09:01 »

Also their number 7 looked like James Corden which was quite distracting
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: Saturday, February 10, 2018, 20:12:39 »

Fat Twat.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 17   Go Up
Print
Jump to: