Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 17   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Mansfield Matchday Thread  (Read 37539 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Saturday, February 10, 2018, 17:24:53 »

good game, really deserved it as while Mansfield were always in it, we were just a bit better.

thought Preston, Anderson and Banks were all superb but there weren't really any performances less than good. Norris gets stick, and you can see why, but he still looks nervous to go in for the ball - fully fit?

Probably the most enjoyable home performance of the season for me.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Saturday, February 10, 2018, 17:30:12 »

Most enjoyable game so far. Excellent performance against a good team - albeit they didn’t make RCC save anything.

Preston and Anderson fantastic all afternoon. Really deserved another goal or 2. Thought Norris was woeful at times and pulling out of tackles boils my piss.

Liked the look of Knoyle, too. Dreadful attendance.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Saturday, February 10, 2018, 17:32:03 »

Thought Norris had a good game today. He made a few mistakes but so did every other player, the difference is when he makes a mistake there's a vocal minority of fuckwits in the stands giving him shit. I personally don't think he's very good, but I don't see what's gained by giving one of your own players stick every time they make errors.
Good game which we thoroughly deserved to win. Seeing fatty Evans spitting out his dummymade it even sweeter.

It's All Good..............
Sir red ken

« Reply #123 on: Saturday, February 10, 2018, 17:35:32 »

Completely agree with the above statement. I've been rubbing the crystal ball and I can't see a massive victory for the town today. 1-0 late goal for us me's going for.
I'm going to put money on it next time my crystal ball predicts the result.
And change my name to Sir Mystic Red Ken.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Saturday, February 10, 2018, 17:38:36 »

that dummy spit was at the ball boy wasnt it? my lad thinks he is in his class at school (if it was him, couldn't be 100% it was him from drs).

I've instructed Alex to go and shake his hand first thing back at school
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Saturday, February 10, 2018, 17:47:10 »

Ge in.

Town win.

Wycombe and Exeter Draw.

Luton Draw.

Notts County Lose.

Accy Win.

Great set of results for us, bar Accy. They say when it comes to the crunch, you win against the teams around you. What better time to win.

Mansfield didn't seem to offer an awful lot and we dealt with it.

Today keeps us just about still in the mix for autos. Once we get Tuesday out of the way, then the midweek fixtures which have caused us many problems are done and dusted.  Then the there are some tough looking games on paper, but not in a heap like the last couple of weeks.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Saturday, February 10, 2018, 17:51:26 »

Credit where it is due, that was a much better performance.  Helped by having a midfield that want the ball and we looked quite good when countering.  Norris is still not worthy of a spot in my mind, he has an amazing ability to be about 1 yard away from where he needs to be - like he plays the game on a 1 second delay.  Cant fault anyone else - I don't mind being direct as a team when the players look like they are allowed to get on the ball when the opportunity presents itself.  If we'd played like we did today for the first 31 games, I'd be far less critical.
RWB Robin

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Saturday, February 10, 2018, 17:55:18 »

Fatty apparently thinks they were by far the better team and dominated the 2nd half......
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Saturday, February 10, 2018, 17:57:51 »

Who cares what he thinks..  3 points is all that matters

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Saturday, February 10, 2018, 17:59:11 »

Quote from: RWB Robin
Fatty apparently thinks they were by far the better team and dominated the 2nd half......
how odd, he doesn't normally talk utter shit
Flashheart

« Reply #130 on: Saturday, February 10, 2018, 18:04:00 »

2 points off autos, and 4 points off 2nd place so we're still well in the race for that as well. As are a few other clubs, though.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Saturday, February 10, 2018, 18:09:39 »

the problem with games like today and Tuesday is that they have a game in hand on us. lose and that is potentially a 6 point gap widening.

We were superb today. Let's hope our away form returns and we get something Tuesday.
normy

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: Saturday, February 10, 2018, 18:12:15 »

We worked very hard for that win as a team, and deserved to win on chances made and better football played.

ust be the oldest
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: Saturday, February 10, 2018, 18:13:30 »

the problem with games like today and Tuesday is that they have a game in hand on us. lose and that is potentially a 6 point gap widening.

We were superb today. Let's hope our away form returns and we get something Tuesday.

Others have games in hand and our poor GD, is effectively worth a point, which is why we're just about in it, but have no wriggle room.  Tuesday could see Wycombe move clear of us... they score plenty at home but ship a few too. A draw would do fine.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #134 on: Saturday, February 10, 2018, 18:25:22 »

Cheers JJ for the updates Smiley
Welcome mate Smiley

+1  Smiley
+1 welcome Smiley

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 17   Go Up
Print
Jump to: