Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: BBC phone in with Dave. 7pm, Fri 9 Feb, 2018  (Read 13463 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« on: Thursday, February 8, 2018, 15:27:06 »

STFC: @Official_STFC boss Dave Flitcroft will be on BBC Wiltshire for a fans' phone-in.
Date: Friday 9 February
Time: 7pm
Have your say - send your questions to @BBCWiltsSport or call/text on the night
#stfc https://t.co/7HmUuLV1Wy
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, February 8, 2018, 15:52:38 »

Dave why do you continue to play James Dunne? Is he seriously THAT good in training? Are there other stand out attributes that he possesses?

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, February 8, 2018, 15:53:08 »

Dave why do you continue to play James Dunne? Is he seriously THAT good in training? Are there other stand out attributes that he possesses?

Bet you don't phone in and ask ;-)
hefty toe

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, February 8, 2018, 16:21:19 »

I don't think he'll start Dunne in his best XI anymore.  He only played on Tuesday, seemingly, to give Anderson a breather.  Assuming it's 3-5-2, the first choice middle three will be Banks, Elsnik and Anderson. 
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, February 8, 2018, 17:06:45 »

Bet you don't phone in and ask ;-)

I honestly would. It's a serious question and i'm sure some Town fans would like to know why he does play him so regularly. Whatever Dunne does in training doesn't seem to transfer onto the pitch.

'Incessant Nonsense'

BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, February 8, 2018, 17:08:15 »

I don't think he'll start Dunne in his best XI anymore.  He only played on Tuesday, seemingly, to give Anderson a breather.  Assuming it's 3-5-2, the first choice middle three will be Banks, Elsnik and Anderson. 

Hmmm I agree, although there is talk on here of Anderson not starting/being included for a while. In any case, he could use Woolery (if Anderson isn't used) instead of Dunne.

'Incessant Nonsense'

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, February 8, 2018, 17:15:09 »

I honestly would. It's a serious question and i'm sure some Town fans would like to know why he does play him so regularly. Whatever Dunne does in training doesn't seem to transfer onto the pitch.

Well, he's not going to say "yeah, you're right, he's shit..I've been a fool". Even if he thinks it!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, February 8, 2018, 17:20:06 »

Well, he's not going to say "yeah, you're right, he's shit..I've been a fool". Even if he thinks it!

Dunne is a Div 4 central midfielder with 300+ league appearances.... he came within our budget, we needed this type of player.

Further when he's played we've won 16  Div 4 games this season drawn 2 and lost 9... so Flitters probably thinks he's in credit.

It's doubtful he could play much higher up the pyramid, but we're not up te pyramid.
« Last Edit: Thursday, February 8, 2018, 17:23:38 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, February 8, 2018, 19:55:17 »

Have to say I agree with Reg here
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, February 8, 2018, 20:07:09 »

The point was that questioning the manager on any player selections is just going to be met by the manager supporting the man. Rightly so.

Maybe not Vigs ...

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, February 8, 2018, 20:23:56 »

I hate these phone ins. What do they ever achieve?
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Thursday, February 8, 2018, 20:40:17 »

I hate these phone ins. What do they ever achieve?
Nothing especially with "Pussy foot" Hodgetts editing and asking the questions that Flitcroft wants to be asked!
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Thursday, February 8, 2018, 23:52:06 »

Absolutely, but I want to know what he thinks Dunne's personal qualities are and what he brings to the team.

To counter Reg, surely we can claim those stats for this season to the majority of this first team squad? Most of them will have similar stats of W 16 D 2 L9 ;

Player  Total Apps
Vigeroux 17
Purkiss    30
Preston   24
Lancashi 37
Mullin     21
Norris     25
Dunne    31
Linganzi  21
Elsnik*   14
RCC       20
Woolery 20
Keshi     29
Taylor    22

* Elsnik has made significant contribution so is included

Yes Dunne has experience at this level and is a "seasoned pro" but maybe it is just a season too much for Dunne now? He could probably fit in well at Conference level certainly. He is more of a passenger and a liability for us. He puts added pressure onto the defence because he offers very little support. He's the only regular midfielder that hasn't any significant contribution via goal/assists. He just always looks useful for a Red card though. There are many players who have managed to blag a living as a professional footballer and some have even won top tier titles (Eric Djemba Djemba won three titles and a champions league trophy at Man United!). We can all admit that there have been plenty of shit players come through Towns books (Albert Jarrett, Harry Agombar, Ben Hutchinson and so on.). The truth is, you can be a pretty below average footballer and be quite successful. Especially if the squad you happen to be in is fairly good. It may just be me but I really don't think Dunne offers us anything. He's played so many times because he's likely one of the managers favourites. It happens in many squads but it is incredibly frustrating.

'Incessant Nonsense'

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Friday, February 9, 2018, 01:35:12 »

Absolutely, but I want to know what he thinks Dunne's personal qualities are and what he brings to the team.

To counter Reg, surely we can claim those stats for this season to the majority of this first team squad? Most of them will have similar stats of W 16 D 2 L9 ;

Player  Total Apps
Vigeroux 17
Purkiss    30
Preston   24
Lancashi 37
Mullin     21
Norris     25
Dunne    31
Linganzi  21
Elsnik*   14
RCC       20
Woolery 20
Keshi     29
Taylor    22

Yes Dunne has experience at this level and is a "seasoned pro" but maybe it is just a season too much for Dunne now? He could probably fit in well at Conference level certainly. He is more of a passenger and a liability for us. He puts added pressure onto the defence because he offers very little support. He's the only regular midfielder that hasn't any significant contribution via goal/assists. He just always looks useful for a Red card though. There are many players who have managed to blag a living as a professional footballer and some have even won top tier titles (Eric Djemba Djemba won three titles and a champions league trophy at Man United!). We can all admit that there have been plenty of shit players come through Towns books (Albert Jarrett, Harry Agombar, Ben Hutchinson and so on.). The truth is, you can be a pretty below average footballer and be quite successful. Especially if the squad you happen to be in is fairly good. It may just be me but I really don't think Dunne offers us anything. He's played so many times because he's likely one of the managers favourites. It happens in many squads but it is incredibly frustrating.

I challenge you to find a better % win record than Dunne. I'm talking league games here.  Once upon a time people used to think I was a statto, but I'm not. However if you want to put in the effort, I'll listen. While you're at it could you find out about the rules for re-arranged fixtures?
REDBUCK

« Reply #14 on: Friday, February 9, 2018, 07:56:24 »

Player  Total Apps
Vigeroux 17
Purkiss    30
Preston   24
Lancashi 37
Mullin     21
Norris     25
Dunne    31
Linganzi  21
Elsnik*   14
RCC       20
Woolery 20
Keshi     29
Taylor    22

Maybe you can send in your footballing cv so fitters can see what qualifications you have to pick a player, understand what Dunne offers to the squad and team other than goals or assists.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: