Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Accrington Stanley Vs Swindon Town FC - Official Matchday Thread  (Read 39337 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #210 on: Wednesday, February 7, 2018, 18:12:33 »

Smelt Knobbs nearly as good as Fanny Schmeler
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #211 on: Wednesday, February 7, 2018, 19:31:20 »

Saturday and Tuesday are big again... 4 points and we're still right in it.

Also after Tuesday, there's really only Exeter away and Accrington on the last day that look tricky. Our fixture list for the last dozen or so it more than acceptable.

4 points is an absolute minimum if we want auto.  Usually 3rd place requires 84/85 points meaning we'll need to win 11 of 15, highly unlikely.  However some seasons and this could be one of those, 3rd is down to about 80 points, so 9 wins and a couple of draws and 4 defeats... just about still feasible.

PO's much more realistic target after the last 2 games... I've come to hate the PO's, and the thought of the Div 4 variety for the first time is horrible.
Not that Nice If I'm Honest

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: Wednesday, February 7, 2018, 20:38:08 »

Just look at the incident on the highlights - about 1:35 in. Their player not only starts it, but then compounds it with simulation. Definite red for both. Can it be applied retrospectively?

What the highlights don't show, for the penalty against us, was that they had a man lying injured on our goal line, and our keeper was trying to get him attention. As soon as the pen was given he got straight up and ran off
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: Wednesday, February 7, 2018, 22:07:21 »

4 points is an absolute minimum if we want auto.  Usually 3rd place requires 84/85 points meaning we'll need to win 11 of 15, highly unlikely.  However some seasons and this could be one of those, 3rd is down to about 80 points, so 9 wins and a couple of draws and 4 defeats... just about still feasible.

PO's much more realistic target after the last 2 games... I've come to hate the PO's, and the thought of the Div 4 variety for the first time is horrible.

It would be the best way to do it if we can and would love to be at wembley after the last 3 to see a swindon goal and a win. a small bit of me thinks that because wembley is 'away' from home that we may actually be able to do it this time.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #214 on: Thursday, February 8, 2018, 09:56:05 »

Saturday and Tuesday are big again... 4 points and we're still right in it.

Also after Tuesday, there's really only Exeter away and Accrington on the last day that look tricky. Our fixture list for the last dozen or so it more than acceptable.

I'm going Saturday and Tuesday so be prepared for 2 defeats!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: Thursday, February 8, 2018, 10:11:35 »

It would be the best way to do it if we can and would love to be at wembley after the last 3 to see a swindon goal and a win. a small bit of me thinks that because wembley is 'away' from home that we may actually be able to do it this time.

We are getting a bit ahead of ourselves here, but last time we took 20,000,  if there is a this time, I'd imagine about 15,000, if we had to play say Accy, Wycombe, Exeter etc they'd bring maybe 10,000 tops. Playing in a vast empty bowl, just wouldn't do it for me.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #216 on: Thursday, February 8, 2018, 12:30:17 »

We are getting a bit ahead of ourselves here, but last time we took 20,000,  if there is a this time, I'd imagine about 15,000, if we had to play say Accy, Wycombe, Exeter etc they'd bring maybe 10,000 tops. Playing in a vast empty bowl, just wouldn't do it for me.
Its probably about time that the FL stopped playing the play off finals at Wembley (unless there is some contractual obligation) and played them at a venue roughly half way between the 2 teams, certainly for L1 and L2 play offs.

I am sure that Arsenal, Aston Villa, Sheff Weds, Man City etc would be suitable, if we played Accrington then surely Villa Parks capacity of 43,000 would be perfect, half the distance between the 2 teams, or if it was us against Exeter then Trashton gate would be adequate, us vs Wycombe then maybe The Madjeski.

That sort of thing, Wembley has lost a lot of its soul, atmosphere, its expensive, will be more than half empty for the L2 and L1 PO's etc etc.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
ferret

Ignore
« Reply #217 on: Thursday, February 8, 2018, 13:12:46 »

Its probably about time that the FL stopped playing the play off finals at Wembley (unless there is some contractual obligation) and played them at a venue roughly half way between the 2 teams, certainly for L1 and L2 play offs.

I am sure that Arsenal, Aston Villa, Sheff Weds, Man City etc would be suitable, if we played Accrington then surely Villa Parks capacity of 43,000 would be perfect, half the distance between the 2 teams, or if it was us against Exeter then Trashton gate would be adequate, us vs Wycombe then maybe The Madjeski.

That sort of thing, Wembley has lost a lot of its soul, atmosphere, its expensive, will be more than half empty for the L2 and L1 PO's etc etc.

If Accrington played Wycombe, somewhere which holds about 30,000 would be ideal.

Trouble is, if Coventry (who have never been in any playoffs) played Luton, you'd near enough fill Wembley.

And making all of the arrangements about a week in advance might be a bit beyond the FL.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #218 on: Thursday, February 8, 2018, 13:25:08 »

No fucking chance, if they have a contract the FA would never let them out of it as they are squeezing every penny from Wembley they can (its all for grass roots football and game development you know!).
Flashheart

« Reply #219 on: Thursday, February 8, 2018, 16:51:15 »

They've logged an appeal against Gordon's red.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #220 on: Thursday, February 8, 2018, 17:17:20 »

They've logged an appeal against Gordon's red.

How do they think that's going to work? Well there's an extension to his ban then.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Flashheart

« Reply #221 on: Thursday, February 8, 2018, 17:19:28 »

I can't see it working. I was surprised earlier in the season when we had a red overturned, though.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #222 on: Thursday, February 8, 2018, 17:20:48 »

I can't see it working. I was surprised earlier in the season when we had a red overturned, though.

I'm not sure the "he hit me first" defence works any better than at primary school.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #223 on: Thursday, February 8, 2018, 17:28:49 »

I'm more surprised we didn't appeal the Preston red card, tbh.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #224 on: Thursday, February 8, 2018, 17:54:58 »

Anderson back for Saturday
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16   Go Up
Print
Jump to: