Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Accrington Stanley Vs Swindon Town FC - Official Matchday Thread  (Read 40128 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: Wednesday, February 7, 2018, 13:13:40 »

I cannot post anything on here as its a rumour I have heard but something has happened behind the scenes and Anderson will probably not be involved for a while, if at all.

Please don't ask me to spill the beans but I am happy to reply to DMs.

Feel free to DM me.

I'll feel all superior until he trots out Saturday as if nothing has happened Smiley (not a dig at you, rumours are just that!)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #196 on: Wednesday, February 7, 2018, 13:21:23 »

I'm inclined to think the red in itself was OK. What I don't get is how their guy didn't get one as well.
I have just watched the highlights and Gordon cannot go around doing that sort of thing, definate red card, I think their player didn't get a red because he acted the victim rolling around on the floor holding his face and the ref was so weak he fell for it.

As for the penalty appeal, I watched on iFollow but the connection at that point was pretty poor for me so I saw Norris shoot and it get deflected wide, most definate penalty though as he did it deliberately. Another fuck up by the worst ref I have seen in many years.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: Wednesday, February 7, 2018, 13:59:13 »

I have just watched the highlights and Gordon cannot go around doing that sort of thing, definate red card, I think their player didn't get a red because he acted the victim rolling around on the floor holding his face and the ref was so weak he fell for it.

As for the penalty appeal, I watched on iFollow but the connection at that point was pretty poor for me so I saw Norris shoot and it get deflected wide, most definate penalty though as he did it deliberately. Another fuck up by the worst ref I have seen in many years.

Just look at the incident on the highlights - about 1:35 in. Their player not only starts it, but then compounds it with simulation. Definite red for both. Can it be applied retrospectively?

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Peter Venkman

« Reply #198 on: Wednesday, February 7, 2018, 14:43:15 »

Just look at the incident on the highlights - about 1:35 in. Their player not only starts it, but then compounds it with simulation. Definite red for both. Can it be applied retrospectively?

Oh there is no doubt he started it but I don't think the ref or linesman saw it start and only sent him off because they saw their players feigning reaction like a dying swan.

BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: Wednesday, February 7, 2018, 15:19:38 »

oh and does anyone team really give a shit about their cunt rating? Don't need no rating to know I'm a cunt

Fair one  Soapy Tit Wank

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: Wednesday, February 7, 2018, 15:46:32 »

Oh there is no doubt he started it but I don't think the ref or linesman saw it start and only sent him off because they saw their players feigning reaction like a dying swan.

I agree. Which is why he should receive at least the same punishment in retrospect. Will it happen?  Hmmm

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: Wednesday, February 7, 2018, 16:00:43 »

He got booked so no
Peter Venkman

« Reply #202 on: Wednesday, February 7, 2018, 16:04:03 »

I agree. Which is why he should receive at least the same punishment in retrospect. Will it happen?  Hmmm
I think Tails is right, if there is a booking the ref cannot change it in hindsight to a red but if the player wasn't booked then he can take another look at the incident.

Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: Wednesday, February 7, 2018, 16:37:34 »

Pretty sure their player wasn't booked at the time of that incident. The ref was too concerned about his chances of survival.
 Angry

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: Wednesday, February 7, 2018, 16:38:17 »

I was at the game with 880 at Chester, there were about 100 Town fans there that night, it was cold and wet!

As for a lower crowd, its unlikely but possibly in the early 80s Div 4 games.

yes....

http://www.swindon-town-fc.co.uk/MatchCentre.asp?MatchID=19840137

A few Darlington, Rochdale, Bury, Torquay, Wrexham games have been similar too.

Halifax away.

Mention of those games and that season does send a bit of a shiver down the spine... it doesn't feel exactly the same to this, insofar as the PO's were introduced for 86/87 to keep interest going til the end of the season.

We were going OK, until that Torquay game.

The Torquay game, was Boxing Day, I remember it being so shite, needed a stiff drink to get over it... that turned into a session, which was a problem, we had Wrexham at the CG next day. I woke in the dark about 4:00 pm... so missed going, that we lost 0-1 at least meant I hadn't missed anything decent.

There was also an inevitability that Brian Hughes would score the winner, like Jackson last night.  Since that season the lowest we've finished in the FL is 8th in Div 4 in Lou's first campaign 84/85. Can Flitters better that?
« Last Edit: Wednesday, February 7, 2018, 16:57:13 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: Wednesday, February 7, 2018, 16:50:00 »

Pretty sure their player wasn't booked at the time of that incident. The ref was too concerned about his chances of survival.
 Angry

Yes, he did there 1 was yellow and 1 red dished out.

Not convinced we will win an appeal, although it was started by Mconville but only that he proceeded to stay down and hold his face that he got away with a yellow.

It is done by many players though, you see when players get fouled they roll around do the dying swan act the physio comes on wipe over with the cloth a little drink and they are running about again, and the opposing player has gone into the ref's notebook - job done, that player now has to be a bit careful not to risk a 2nd yellow.
Not sure what the solution in to fix it.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: Wednesday, February 7, 2018, 17:30:11 »

As disappointing as last night’s result was, most on here stated they would be happy with a point away at Stevenage, Lincoln and Accrington.

Well, we got 4 points not 3. But, as Reg said, it makes Saturday’s game crucial.
Panda Paws

« Reply #207 on: Wednesday, February 7, 2018, 17:47:57 »

Saturday and Tuesday are big again... 4 points and we're still right in it.

Also after Tuesday, there's really only Exeter away and Accrington on the last day that look tricky. Our fixture list for the last dozen or so it more than acceptable.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, February 7, 2018, 17:50:12 by Panda Paws » Logged
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: Wednesday, February 7, 2018, 17:57:22 »

Mention of those games and that season does send a bit of a shiver down the spine... it doesn't feel exactly the same to this, insofar as the PO's were introduced for 86/87 to keep interest going til the end of the season.

We were going OK, until that Torquay game.

The Torquay game, was Boxing Day, I remember it being so shite, needed a stiff drink to get over it... that turned into a session, which was a problem, we had Wrexham at the CG next day. I woke in the dark about 4:00 pm... so missed going, that we lost 0-1 at least meant I hadn't missed anything decent.

There was also an inevitability that Brian Hughes would score the winner, like Jackson last night.  Since that season the lowest we've finished in the FL is 8th in Div 4 in Lou's first campaign 84/85. Can Flitters better that?

Was there for the Torquay game.
A triumph of hope over reality.
Clive Thomas was referee.

Didn't make the Halifax game.
But a Lee Smelt & Keith Nobbs for them must surely have raised some TEF cheese preference comments if the forum had been around at that time.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, February 7, 2018, 18:08:28 by Wobbly Bob » Logged

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Peter Venkman

« Reply #209 on: Wednesday, February 7, 2018, 18:08:55 »

Was there for the Torquay game.
A triumph of hope over reality.
Clive Thomas was referee.

Didn't make the Halifax game.
But a Lee Smelt & Clive Knobbs for them must surely have raised some TEF cheese preference comments if the forum had been around at that time.
I was at the Torquay game but remember nothing about it! I remember Smelt, Knobbs from the home game when they beat us 1-0 IIRC, Smelt was a handy keeper.

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16   Go Up
Print
Jump to: