Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Accrington Stanley Vs Swindon Town FC - Official Matchday Thread  (Read 40157 times)
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: Wednesday, February 7, 2018, 09:32:07 »

On a slight tangent, just seen this from Billy Kee. Fair play to the bloke.

https://twitter.com/BBCSport/status/961156682695901184
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: Wednesday, February 7, 2018, 09:35:18 »

thanks r4e, defrost soon
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: Wednesday, February 7, 2018, 10:04:10 »

Oh, and I’ve rarely seen a side spend as much time on the floor as Accrington did tonight. Painful to watch.

Same. They were utterly embarrassing.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: Wednesday, February 7, 2018, 10:06:09 »

Some of our fans seem practically giddy that we lost. I don't get it?

Always gonna be tough to go to Lincoln and Accrington within a few days. 1 point is disappointing, especially as it should have been more. Lets hope for a response on Saturday
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #184 on: Wednesday, February 7, 2018, 10:08:07 »

Sorry, should have said shakey. Made a couple of early errors and seemed a bit edgey from then on.
I thought he looked OK watching on iFollow, made a couple of good challenges like when Jackson was clean through, made one error I can remember and his distribution was very solid.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: Wednesday, February 7, 2018, 10:23:43 »

And Knoyle for Gordon.

Anderson must be injured not even on the bench.

I cannot post anything on here as its a rumour I have heard but something has happened behind the scenes and Anderson will probably not be involved for a while, if at all.

Please don't ask me to spill the beans but I am happy to reply to DMs.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #186 on: Wednesday, February 7, 2018, 10:46:42 »

I cannot post anything on here as its a rumour I have heard but something has happened behind the scenes and Anderson will probably not be involved for a while, if at all.

This disappoints me.

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: Wednesday, February 7, 2018, 10:55:00 »

I'm wondering if we've ever lost a league game with fewer home fans in attendance  Hmmm

I guess some of the early mid 80's games would be similar and difficult to establish the away element.... I do remember a mid week at Sealand Road when the crowd was 880, but we won.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #188 on: Wednesday, February 7, 2018, 11:00:04 »

I'm wondering if we've ever lost a league game with fewer home fans in attendance  Hmmm

I guess some of the early mid 80's games would be similar and difficult to establish the away element.... I do remember a mid week at Sealand Road when the crowd was 880, but we won.
I was at the game with 880 at Chester, there were about 100 Town fans there that night, it was cold and wet!

As for a lower crowd, its unlikely but possibly in the early 80s Div 4 games.

yes....

http://www.swindon-town-fc.co.uk/MatchCentre.asp?MatchID=19840137

A few Darlington, Rochdale, Bury, Torquay, Wrexham games have been similar too.

Halifax away.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, February 7, 2018, 11:04:14 by Peter Venkman » Logged

tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: Wednesday, February 7, 2018, 11:16:13 »

Fltcroft said they hoped he would be back for saturday.

You might as well dm me the bobs orange media anyway
Peter Venkman

« Reply #190 on: Wednesday, February 7, 2018, 12:46:49 »

Interesting report from last nights game on the Accrington forum.

I know of being sore losers but this guy is a sore winner FFS what a twat apart from his criticism of the ref.

Almost everything he says about us being cheats can be directed back at them as they were not slow to fall at every soft challenge and they did more than their fair share of kicking us, although nowhere near as much as Lincoln did.

It was indeed a very hard earned three points tonight against a team basically made of CHEATS and officiated by a DISGRACE of a REFEREE!

The number of fouls that Swindon got a way with in the first half for basically 'Pushing' opponents off the ball was unbelievable! The ref could have controlled this better by booking a Swindon player after 20 or 25 minutes.

Well it certainly bit the Ref in 'The Bum' in the second half because by that time he had lost control of the players totally. To the credit of the Stanley players they continued to try to play proper football and fully deserved the victory. All of our front players defended from the front superbly, constantly chasing 'lost causes' in order to disrupt Swindon from building their attacks. You would not have believed that Jordan Clarke was a doubt for the match as he worked so hard. Kayden too ran himself into the ground once again and was really tired before he was subbed. I am so pleased that he got his goal which he took wonderfully from a great pass from Captain Sean. Sean had a super match too and he was all over the pitch filling in defensively and linking well going forward. Billy Kee....well he was just "BILLY"....... the Billy that we all love......Brave, Strong and Skilful and his penalty was taken with aplomb, sending their keeper so far the wrong way that he could have been on the other side of the moon!

The young lads in the team too played wonderfully well and are showing the total commitment shown by our more senior players. Liam, Callum and Jimmy are all showing how they can deal with the extra pressures of playing against seasoned professionals who know how to manipulate referees. Jimmy was particularly strong against the very dangerous and clever Marc Richards.

Scotty nearly scored a cracker just before half time. Janoi was his usual athletic self and covered really well across the back of our defence when needed. Hughesey had a couple of dodgy moments early on when he kept demanding the short pass out from Chapman. Eventually Aaron reduced the risk by adopting more of a long kick to Billy approach which seemed to be more sensible on the dodgy pitch. Aaron too made a couple of important saves especially the one from that long 'Pot shot' that could have been creeping inside the post. Aaron's kicks upfield to Billy are very accurate and help us to keep the pressure on our opponents.

I get so frustrated with the inconsistency of referees at our level but our team are certainly showing the CHARACTER that is needed to overcome these referees ineptitude and to press onwards towards the top of the division!

Really well done to the team and John and Jimmy for overcoming such difficult opponents, and a yet another poor referee, and continuing our drive towards greater heights.

Panda Paws

« Reply #191 on: Wednesday, February 7, 2018, 13:05:34 »

Just watched the full highlights - couple of things.

We had an absolute stonewall penalty not given in the first half (early on). Norris shot, blatant handball. Not seen it mentioned anywhere. Anyone else with iFollow see that? Norris did appeal....

Both pens very soft indeed.

The sending off is mental. How he's got to that conclusion I don't know.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: Wednesday, February 7, 2018, 13:10:15 »

Just watched the full highlights - couple of things.

We had an absolute stonewall penalty not given in the first half (early on). Norris shot, blatant handball. Not seen it mentioned anywhere. Anyone else with iFollow see that? Norris did appeal....

Both pens very soft indeed.

The sending off is mental. How he's got to that conclusion I don't know.

aaaah, the handball must have been the incident they mentioned on the radio where a few players surrounded the ref. Makes sense.

Agree with everything else. God knows what he "saw" that was worse from Gordon.
Flashheart

« Reply #193 on: Wednesday, February 7, 2018, 13:11:28 »

I'm inclined to think the red in itself was OK. What I don't get is how their guy didn't get one as well.
Panda Paws

« Reply #194 on: Wednesday, February 7, 2018, 13:12:42 »

I'm inclined to think the red in itself was OK. What I don't get is how their guy didn't get one as well.

I guess that was more my point. How can one be sent and on not? It's 6 and two 3s.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16   Go Up
Print
Jump to: