Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Random Rumour  (Read 38676 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Thursday, February 8, 2018, 19:00:44 »

The point I'm trying to make is that the the Flitters outers, of which there are a majority, given the tone of this thread....

http://thetownend.com/index.php?topic=57209.0 and the results of the recent poll....

http://thetownend.com/index.php?topic=57210.0   are deflecting criticism of where the real problem lies. 
That may be the point you were trying to make, but it wasn't what you said. And the "Many on here" canard you keep pulling as spurious back up for tendentious points does my fucking nut. Although it does usually act as a reasonably reliable signpost that you're about to make a tendentious point, so I suppose from that point it's quite handy Smiley
Sir red ken

« Reply #46 on: Thursday, February 8, 2018, 19:12:59 »

For the record, I do not like Flitcroft and and I am cautious about Power, which is actually more to do with his previous track record and knowing somebody that used to have to report on one of those teams. 
I've never met Flitcroft or Power so I'm cautious of them both. I do not like the idea, nor do I condone the blowing off of Donkey's. I hope that's cleared things up.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Thursday, February 8, 2018, 19:21:27 »

I've never met Flitcroft or Power so I'm cautious of them both. I do not like the idea, nor do I condone the blowing off of Donkey's. I hope that's cleared things up.

It has, thanks.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Thursday, February 8, 2018, 19:25:11 »

And the "Many on here" canard you keep pulling as spurious back up for tendentious points does my fucking nut.

Don't you bring fucking ducks into this...
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Thursday, February 8, 2018, 19:31:52 »

Don't you bring fucking ducks into this...
I was trying to distract attention from the Donkey Blow Jobs that seemed to have caused some distress....
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Thursday, February 8, 2018, 20:10:08 »

Donkey blow jobs are the new Muffin the mule.
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Friday, February 9, 2018, 08:11:57 »

There are two extremes.
On the one hand he saved us from financial ruin and kept us on a stable footing. Never promised us the earth and has delivered on that. Stripped costs out significantly. In his first year we played some cracking football and were one game away from the Championship. Has got some decent players in.
On the other hand, he's taken us to the bottom division and nobody has a clue what the finances look like although the bailiffs aren't knocking at our door. Last season was laughable in that we all knew he were getting relegated but he did nothing but bring Tim Sherwood in which was an unmitigated disaster. He's sold some players for large amounts of money and we've got little to show for it on the pitch He's bought a training ground that is unusable but was it a Trojan horse for housing development? Did he buy it in his name but use transfer fees to buy it? He does nothing to engage fans or try and build any relationships with supporter groups.   
We've got a history of dodgy owners so Town fans will always be on their guard and maybe he's not given the same chance he'd get elsewhere but he really doesn't help himself.
The truth is probably somewhere in the middle.
For my sins, I'd happily see the back of him. Too many questions and anyone who could have changed last season and didn't deserves everything they get. Last season was as bad as I've seen in 40+ years following Town.
I would be extremely wary if he took over as you'll find lack of information a problem. like everything else, in the void of fact, speculation will run rife. Some of it may turn out to be fact, some of it may turn out to be crap. He is not the safe option.
You make a very good point in that without facts, speculation will run rife. For as long as financial transparency is hidden then Power deserves the suspicion that he is treated with. He very much uses this as a stick to beat himself with until he opens up a bit. Fans of this club are naturally going to be sceptical & so we should given the history & disdain in the way we've been treated by previous owners.

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #52 on: Friday, February 9, 2018, 09:08:48 »

It was saint Fitton who closed the books and cancelled the AGMs.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Friday, February 9, 2018, 09:22:37 »

Also am I imagining it, but didn't Fitton have some manner of personal interest in the Austin transfer?
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Friday, February 9, 2018, 09:41:58 »

There's nothing stopping LP holding an AGM though. It would appease the many cynics & if there was nothing to hide then surely it would boost his popularity. Everyone's a winner.

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Friday, February 9, 2018, 09:56:33 »

I think it's pretty clear Power doesn't give a shit how popular he is.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Friday, February 9, 2018, 10:04:47 »

I think it's pretty clear Power doesn't give a shit how popular he is.

As clear as it is that whatever Power does he will never be popular with much of the fan base...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Friday, February 9, 2018, 10:06:07 »

that's partially his own fault, but as Tails said - he doesn't give a shit
Flashheart

« Reply #58 on: Friday, February 9, 2018, 10:12:10 »

I don't give a shit either to be frank. I think it's asinine.

What I do care about is how the team/club is faring, not some popularity contest. Oh, and if he did 'reveal' the finances, he'd only get accused of cooking the books if they were positive. That wouldn't 'solve' a thing.
Flashheart

« Reply #59 on: Friday, February 9, 2018, 10:14:00 »

So many that ask to see finances also say they don't trust him. If they don't trust him, why would they believe a spreadsheet made by him? It's pointless. If people are suddenly placated by the finances when/if they are released, despite having claimed for so long not to trust him, then that's equally ridiculous.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: