Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Random Rumour  (Read 38891 times)
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Thursday, February 8, 2018, 14:06:01 »

My own distrust of Power comes from a few things really
   1. The way he shut up shop media wise and tried to control that aspect himself
   2. Total and utter lack of financial transparency
   3. Total lack of engagement with the fan
   4. The now abandoned "Swindon way", the club felt more like a shop window than something that wanted to be successful
   5. His past..

Its absolutely a personal opinion, and for every point there is a counter argument.

All those in favour say "Fanzai"  Soapy Tit Wank

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Thursday, February 8, 2018, 14:56:45 »

Quote from: pauld
   3. Total lack of engagement with the fan
I know crowds have dropped this season, but didn't think it had got that bad!

1 fan, 5109 critics. seems about right
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Thursday, February 8, 2018, 15:27:00 »

I know crowds have dropped this season, but didn't think it had got that bad!

1 fan, 5109 critics. seems about right

Many on here are back in love with Power, they've got Flitters to blame for our demise.  It's an old football cliche, that the manager gets sacked once the fans start blaming the owner/chairman, rather than gaffer.
Flashheart

« Reply #33 on: Thursday, February 8, 2018, 15:28:32 »

How impressive that Reg knows what other people are thinking. Quite remarkable really.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Thursday, February 8, 2018, 15:30:27 »

Many on here are back in love with Power
You keep doing this, asserting "Many on here are blowing off donkeys" or whatever it is you're trying to claim. Sometimes it's probably a fair summary of the tone and tenure of discussion. On this occasion, I call BS. I see no evidence that people's opinions have shifted much at all on Power in the past year or so, positively or negatively.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Thursday, February 8, 2018, 16:11:59 »

You keep doing this, asserting "Many on here are blowing off donkeys" or whatever it is you're trying to claim. Sometimes it's probably a fair summary of the tone and tenure of discussion. On this occasion, I call BS. I see no evidence that people's opinions have shifted much at all on Power in the past year or so, positively or negatively.

The point I'm trying to make is that the the Flitters outers, of which there are a majority, given the tone of this thread....

http://thetownend.com/index.php?topic=57209.0 and the results of the recent poll....

http://thetownend.com/index.php?topic=57210.0   are deflecting criticism of where the real problem lies. 
Flashheart

« Reply #36 on: Thursday, February 8, 2018, 16:23:09 »

So, let me get this right...

Because people have been critical of the manager, who had been performing very poorly, they can't simultaneously be critical of the owner and are "back in love" with him? Is that what you're saying?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Thursday, February 8, 2018, 16:29:15 »

So, let me get this right...

Because people have been critical of the manager, who had been performing very poorly, they can't simultaneously be critical of the owner and are "back in love" with him? Is that what you're saying?

I'm saying I would prefer fans to target the owner rather than the manager if the desire is to improve our current status.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Thursday, February 8, 2018, 16:35:58 »

You keep doing this, asserting "Many on here are blowing off donkeys"

Wait...what?

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Flashheart

« Reply #39 on: Thursday, February 8, 2018, 16:36:43 »

So we shouldn't be critical of a poorly performing manager? Is that what you are saying? People are critical of Power as well as Flitcroft after all. But we can only moan about the owner?
Flashheart

« Reply #40 on: Thursday, February 8, 2018, 16:37:58 »

Best we avoid being critical of players as well I suppose....
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Thursday, February 8, 2018, 16:42:23 »

So we shouldn't be critical of a poorly performing manager? Is that what you are saying? People are critical of Power as well as Flitcroft after all. But we can only moan about the owner?

Feel free to say what you want. I will.
Flashheart

« Reply #42 on: Thursday, February 8, 2018, 16:44:18 »

Yes Reg, we will say what we want. No matter how much you may moan about it. In fact, I think I may just step up my moaning about Flitcroft now that I know it gets under your skin.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Thursday, February 8, 2018, 17:37:55 »

My criticism of Power is not revealing the financial state of the club - when doing so would appease the critics. Unless, of course, the figures hide a ticking time bomb.

My criticism of Flitcroft is waning, tbh. The football isn’t quite so Neanderthal and it’s almost worth the ticket price to watch Elsnik. At times we are very good.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Thursday, February 8, 2018, 18:23:54 »

For the record, I do not like Flitcroft and and I am cautious about Power, which is actually more to do with his previous track record and knowing somebody that used to have to report on one of those teams. 
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: