Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lincoln V Swindon Official Matchday Thread  (Read 40260 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #285 on: Sunday, February 4, 2018, 10:03:14 »

Yeah it does, so double jeopardy comes in to play here. Seems the ref has forgotten that rule. Then again he may as well have been from Spalding or Gainsborough. Awful ref.

It looked nothing more than a tangle as their player slowed down and Preston continued running. If we don't appeal it then that's silly. If that gets looked at by a panel then I'm certain they'll overturn it. Obviously that's only my opinion but looking at it says to me it was a yellow, with a penalty given.
Didn't even look like a foul seeing it again, just a tangle and he wasn't going directly at goal, not a sending off and a very dubious penalty at best.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #286 on: Sunday, February 4, 2018, 10:08:15 »

I liked this Tweet from RCC apologizing for the late equalizer...

https://twitter.com/MrReiceCook/status/959839832821387265

There were loads of really great replies from Town fans including some TEF'ers (Messrs Batch and Bamboo amongst them)

When you read on here about 'that' FB group and the general wankshit attitude of some of our fans it kind of makes you despair but reading all those messages restores my faith that the majority of us are pretty decent types.

I would feel 10 feet tall if I was RCC reading all of those messages and would be chomping at the bit to get out on to the pitch for the next game instead of (perhaps) feeling slightly apprehensive. Support like that makes a difference and it's what being a fan is about.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #287 on: Sunday, February 4, 2018, 10:21:21 »

Strangely enjoyable game today...last gasp equaliser aside I thought we showed spirit & unity that has been missing for some time, everyone worked for each other. Lincoln are a horrible with Matt Rhead lead thug, epitomised by their failure to return the drop ball and almost getting through!  

Utter howler by RCC imo, judging by the way the rest of the team berated him & I didn't see a foul (could be wrong?).

Felt a bit sorry for Norris who had a great start to the game & thought Richards & Banks candidates for MoM.

Good point, but feels like a defeat.  

To be honest Norris was playing the best he had all season when taken off, very unfair on him but something had to be done I guess and he was the obvious choice, he won a couple of headers and passed the ball well till he was taken off.

Lincoln had at least 8 thugs playing, they are a bullying team and I am so happy that we stood up to it, last season our boys would have crumbled under that sort of bullying and fouling and the constant hooooooofing of ballls into our box.

Great defensive performance all round right up till the fumble at the end, I haven't seen it again yet but my first thoughts were he was pushed but he certainly should have punched the ball not tried to catch it, but he did make a couple of good solid saves before that.

Banks is a great find, looks perfect sat in front of the back 4/5 protecting them and can make runs, tackle, head and pass the ball. Sign him on asap.

Elsnik is the best player at the club by a country mile, his shooting and passing skills are exceptional, my only slight complaint is that he has a great shot so please shoot more often! their keeper was dodgy as fuck with long ranger shots so we should have peppered his goal a bit more.

The whole defence looked solid and working as a unit when we had 4 or 5 at the back, Purkiss has come back transformed in confidence and his versaitlity at the back is a major asset, comfortable at CB or RB and making runs with the ball. Lancashire played his best game in a Town shirt too IMO.

The new lad Mayo (as I still can't spell his name unless I google it!) is huge and mobile and can head and pass and a fair bit of pace for a 6 foot 3 defender, would like him back next season if we could in whatever division we are in, bags of potential and not scared of upsetting the more seasoned pros of other clubs, he bullied Rhea as good as he got and stood up to another Bully in Bostwick...who took one look at his eyes and backed off when face to face near the end!

Taylor was a bit off the pace at LB but he was up against one of the best wingers I have seen this season and Anderson gave him little cover, most of their attacks when they did came down that side, Taylor is good attacking but defensively still a little weak.

Gordon needs to improve his delivery on crosses, he doesn't have the pace that he thinks he has so rarely can beat a defender for pace but looked better when we went 4 at the back and he was pushed up, still not 1st team standard yet IMO more of an impact sub.

Lincoln, for a team so many fancy for promotion, looked a one trick pony side, bully, bully, bully, kick, bitch, dive, kick it long to the target man (Green) who was the only player I would have out of that whole team, he has pace and control and a good target man but dives a little too easily when challeneged as did all the Lincoln players TBF.

They had one outlet, the right wing, otherwise it was just a massive boot into the box at every chance they had, they looked lost when we played it on the floor against them.

A good result though no matter what and I would have taken a draw before the game so am not unhappy but it could so easily have been 3 points.

Oh and drums and sirens do NOT belong in a football ground, sorry.

Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #288 on: Sunday, February 4, 2018, 10:42:52 »

Oh and drums and sirens do NOT belong in a football ground, sorry.

Not even these guys?
Could do with a horn section mind.  Smiley

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Peter Venkman

« Reply #289 on: Sunday, February 4, 2018, 10:47:03 »

A few quotes from the Imps forum, some good some not so good as per football fans in general Smiley

I thought Swindon played really well with a man down

Yes credit must be given to Swindon. I didn’t once feel like we were playing against 10

Swindon a good side especially away

We could even have won it with the last kick, although that would have been unfair on Swindon who's ten men outplayed us at times. Overall though, a valuable point

Found wanting again against a 'better' team. That's Luton, Coventry, Swindon and Notts County we've not beaten from a winning position....we lack a bit of quality, guile and finesse against the better teams.

Credit to Swindon, though, they looked better than decent to me. Didn't play like they were down to 10 and should have added to their tally with one of those two late chances they had

Swindon were sharper than us and defended well. I was very glad of a point.

Swindon looked a big team, even with a centre half sent off still managed to have 5 giants at thr back at the end. They have a good away record for a reason.

Swindon played a lot better with 10 men and you would have thought we were the ones with the player disadvantage.

Swindon also hit the woodwork in the Second Half and missed a glaring chance when a cross ball just missed their striker and a brilliant last ditch tackle from Wilson when their player was through. We kept on going but didn't test their keeper until his blunder at the end. It was at this stage that some of Swindon's players started to tire.

What a good display from 10 man Swindon, only tired in the last ten minutes. Their fans and management will have gone back disappointed to not have earned 3 points.

I can easily see why Swindon have the best away record in the league - even with 10 men they managed the game well and showed good skill at times.

Swindon created nothing, defended OK but didn’t look like promotion material.

This Lincoln side never says die and in the end we still deserved a point as Swindon were happy and in the main comfortable defending there 18 yard box. In the end it was a competition who had the crapest keeper.

Didn't look we'd score in a month of Sunday's. Credit to Swindon they were superb.

In 50 years I cannot recall a game with 2 poorer keepers.

Swindon are a quality team, especially away from home...and I think they are the best team I have seen this year, in the League, at Sincil Bank.

They performed really well with 10 men and were frighteningly good at times. All credit to them.

I don’t recognise this great Swindon team some people are commenting on. They created nothing, defended well with 10 men but that’s all. Not a patch on Coventry, but didn’t cheat as much. Very friendly fans though.

They were very good...but not great. Any team that does so well with 10 men are a very good team

I agree Swindon are a good side but not the best we have seen!

Not understanding all the "great side" plaudits for Swindon. If not for our own weakness(es) they would have gone away with NIL next to their team name 10 men or not. Yes they battled well with 10 men but I didn't see much to suggest that 11 v 11 they would have presented a huge challenge if we didn't let soft goals in.

Pax Romana

Ignore
« Reply #290 on: Sunday, February 4, 2018, 11:07:13 »

Good result even if heart-breaking at end.

For the last couple of seasons plenty of us have been saying that supporters can put up with a lot if they genuinely believe that the team (and the management) are giving it everything. 

We seem to have that now.

I'll be glad if Accrington is off again.
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #291 on: Sunday, February 4, 2018, 11:34:42 »

Taylor is good attacking but defensively still a little weak.
That'll probably improve with experience though Wink
Peter Venkman

« Reply #292 on: Sunday, February 4, 2018, 11:50:28 »

That'll probably improve with experience though Wink
And putting a zimmer frame between him and the ball!

The defensive part of his game has always been suspect but his dead ball deliveries have made up for that, but yesterday was the first time he has come up against a half decent winger who at times did run circles around him but as I stated he was given no cover by Anderson.

I doubt he will come up against a player as willing to take him on as he did yesterday for the rest of the season though so its no biggy.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #293 on: Sunday, February 4, 2018, 12:39:27 »

I liked this Tweet from RCC apologizing for the late equalizer...

https://twitter.com/MrReiceCook/status/959839832821387265

There were loads of really great replies from Town fans including some TEF'ers (Messrs Batch and Bamboo amongst them)
stand by it, when any other player makes a mistake there is someone else who can bale them out. keeper makes a mistake, goal 99% of the time..

I still think RCC should have done better, still think it's a mistake, but it's not like he's lobbed it in. hard catch under pressure.

no doubt in my mind a focused and in form Vigs is the better player. But he's been disappointing this year, RCC deservs the spot on merit. not that I think we'll see Vigs again unless Power pulls rank
Peter Venkman

« Reply #294 on: Sunday, February 4, 2018, 12:44:32 »

I have watched the replay slowed down of the goal and I am convinced he is pushed into the net by the Lincoln number 9 Rhead or the dirty bastard Bostwick, they both go flying into the net along with RCC, still the ref gave it so we move on.

There no doubt that a Vigs when he is concentrating and confident is by far the better keeper but RCC has better kicking and distribution, which is a big part of our play under Flitcroft.

Such a waste of Vigs if he can't patch it up with Flitcroft but hes not THAT good hes just a perfectly adequate keeper who could with games, effort in  training and a change of attitude become a fairly good keeper in time.

Flashheart

« Reply #295 on: Sunday, February 4, 2018, 12:51:42 »

We have a keeper that is supposedly better and less likely to make such a 'mistake'. He should have been playing instead, as he is paid to do, but wasn't because he's been acting like a massive bellend. The club invest in certain personnel only for them to not be playing without good reason. If I blame anybody, it's him.

That's said with all due respect to RCC, but we should be able to field our best players.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #296 on: Sunday, February 4, 2018, 13:56:13 »

We have a keeper that is supposedly better and less likely to make such a 'mistake'. He should have been playing instead, as he is paid to do, but wasn't because he's been acting like a massive bellend. The club invest in certain personnel only for them to not be playing without good reason. If I blame anybody, it's him.

That's said with all due respect to RCC, but we should be able to field our best players.

I quite agree. LV has taken the the school of "dummy spitting" as coached by a certain Riyad Mahrez, amongst many others who have behaved like a "I'm better than the club". Hopefully (by his tweets nonetheless) LV is realising he won't get anywhere fast by being a stubborn prick. If he looks at our history of GKs, we've had some bloody talented keepers here (yes some shockers too) who have gone on to even better things. Digby, Hammond, Given, Flowers, Brezovan, Heaton, and Foderingham to name a few of the top o my head.

If he can grow up he can become a very good keeper.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #297 on: Sunday, February 4, 2018, 13:58:32 »

stand by it, when any other player makes a mistake the is someone else who can bale them out. keeper makes a mistake, goal 99% of the time..

I still think RCC should have done better, still think it's a mistake, but it's not like he's lobbed it in. hard catch under pressure.

no doubt in my mind a focused and in form Vigs is the better player. But he's been disappointing this year, RCC deservs the spot on merit. not that I think we'll see Vigs again unless Power pulls rank

Totally. The guy had big bollocks just to go public, when he didn't even need to. That's respect right there. Hope he does take the kind responses to kick on and do us all proud on Tues.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #298 on: Sunday, February 4, 2018, 14:02:43 »

This far he's hardly been the worst keeper we've had. He'll be fine Tuesday. unless its snowed off
Peter Venkman

« Reply #299 on: Sunday, February 4, 2018, 14:14:30 »

This far he's hardly been the worst keeper we've had. He'll be fine Tuesday. unless it cheers snowed off
RCC is nowhere near as bad as that Italian keeper PdC signed, what was his name? Lanzano wasn't it? totally unmemorable apart from several howlers.

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21   Go Up
Print
Jump to: