Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Super Bowl  (Read 11257 times)
otanswell

Fuck em all...

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Saturday, February 3, 2018, 15:54:45 »

Adverts every 30 seconds, people chanting murrrriccaaa, not for me!

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Saturday, February 3, 2018, 21:49:16 »

Don’t like the Patriots, but absolutely detest the scum of the NFL from Philadelphia.

So for that reason I hope the Pats win
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Sunday, February 4, 2018, 00:24:42 »

Always thought it strange that people would read a thread on a sport they don’t like and then feel the urge to tell everybody they dislike said sport
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Sunday, February 4, 2018, 00:40:50 »

Always thought it strange that people would read a thread on a sport they don’t like and then feel the urge to tell everybody they dislike said sport

You find it odd that on a forum someone starts a discussion and people reply with their own opinions?

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Sunday, February 4, 2018, 00:58:52 »

You find it odd that on a forum someone starts a discussion and people reply with their own opinions?

Forums ey? Who would've thought it?

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Pax Romana

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Sunday, February 4, 2018, 07:45:25 »

Completely agree.  Spot on.

Contributions are one thing but it's the people who let you know that they have nothing to say who really make the difference.

I'm always on the lookout for forums on topics where I'm completely apathetic (ballet, pot-holing and darts are particular favourites) so I can inform everyone on there that I have absolutely no interest in the subject.  I'm constantly disappointed by the lack of gratitude I get in return.

A classic example is yesterday's Lincoln match thread.  It was clearly quite a game and Peter Venkman & others taking the trouble to post updates and insights during the game for the benefit of those unable to attend is just about alright, I suppose, if you like that sort of thing.   

But imagine if a complete stranger had made the effort to point out that they hate football, don't support Lincoln or Swindon, hadn't a clue what the score was and couldn't give a toss?  That would really have brought the thread to life.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Sunday, February 4, 2018, 07:51:11 »

Great thread
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #22 on: Sunday, February 4, 2018, 09:17:03 »

Completely agree.  Spot on.

Contributions are one thing but it's the people who let you know that they have nothing to say who really make the difference.

I'm always on the lookout for forums on topics where I'm completely apathetic (ballet, pot-holing and darts are particular favourites) so I can inform everyone on there that I have absolutely no interest in the subject.  I'm constantly disappointed by the lack of gratitude I get in return.

A classic example is yesterday's Lincoln match thread.  It was clearly quite a game and Peter Venkman & others taking the trouble to post updates and insights during the game for the benefit of those unable to attend is just about alright, I suppose, if you like that sort of thing.   

But imagine if a complete stranger had made the effort to point out that they hate football, don't support Lincoln or Swindon, hadn't a clue what the score was and couldn't give a toss?  That would really have brought the thread to life.

Meta moaning
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Sunday, February 4, 2018, 12:13:17 »

It wouldn’t be a Super Bowl thread without the ‘it’s shit’ posts.

Happens pretty much every year.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Sunday, February 4, 2018, 12:43:25 »

that reminds me

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Sunday, February 4, 2018, 14:16:29 »

I actually am quite intrigued by American Football, the tactical plays etc, but I just can’t watch a whole game, it’s too stop start and too many breaks.

I have started to watch the highlights and I think it’s a good sport. The breaks and razzmatazz is symptomatic of yank sports and it’s not really anything I can embrace personally.

That said, the New England Patriots coach seems to be a bit of a legend.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Sunday, February 4, 2018, 15:08:07 »

I actually am quite intrigued by American Football, the tactical plays etc, but I just can’t watch a whole game, it’s too stop start and too many breaks.

I have started to watch the highlights and I think it’s a good sport. The breaks and razzmatazz is symptomatic of yank sports and it’s not really anything I can embrace personally.

That said, the New England Patriots coach seems to be a bit of a legend.
No doubt about it. The best way to watch it is to record the game and watch it back without knowing the score so you can fast forward the never ending breaks. Can be infuriating when you are watching live though. I think you actually have to train yourself how to watch games and get yourself accustomed to it.

Don’t like the Patriots, but absolutely detest the scum of the NFL from Philadelphia.

So for that reason I hope the Pats win
They seem to be the Millwall of the NFL.

And to those people who think American sport is a 'Happy Clappy' day out for the whole family with oversized foam hands and abseiling mascots - it's not always...

Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Sunday, February 4, 2018, 15:42:21 »

I feel dirty, but I'm an Eagle for the night. Cheatriots don't deserve another ring, they should be fired into the fucking sun. Too many dodgy decisions around Deflatriots games, Jags should've been in this game.

OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Sunday, February 4, 2018, 16:14:57 »

I feel dirty, but I'm an Eagle for the night. Cheatriots don't deserve another ring, they should be fired into the fucking sun. Too many dodgy decisions around Deflatriots games, Jags should've been in this game.
The ridiculous thing about the games where the Patriots 'cheated' is that they would have won them any way. If ever a team didn't need to cheat, it's the Patriots.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Sunday, February 4, 2018, 17:49:03 »

Nicknames such as ‘Cheatriots’ and ‘Deflatriots’ make me want the Patriots to win again.

GO PATS!

Wink

Also, I’ve been to Foxboro and while there a nice family run grocery store let me use their phone so I could call for a taxi.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: