Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Jeremy newton  (Read 41391 times)

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, January 30, 2018, 13:58:14 »

Surprised he lasted as long as he has to be honest. At times that academy is poisonous behind the scenes.
Loads of backstabbing and jobs for the boys culture there.  
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, January 30, 2018, 13:58:36 »

I don't think any fan of any club has the right to "demand answers" to anything going on at any club.

Shit happens, lets just hope its not shit that reflects badly on the club in the end.

Lots of rumours going around about this but if we never find out I won't be too worried as it means that we don't have the clubs name dragged through the dirt again and its all been dealt with.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Sir red ken

« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, January 30, 2018, 14:07:27 »

I can't comment on the internal actions of which I have no knowledge, further more if its a police matter its best we all keep away from posting on this matter. One thing I can tell you all is that I know of a young local defender (who's bloody good) who approached the club and was promply rejected. He's gone on to play in Europe and has broken into the English leagues. There are a number of Championship and a few Prem clubs watching him evey game. What bothered me was that we've been wiithout a commanding defender since Flint left and the club was offer one on a plate. We don't seen to bring in and bring local talent, when other clubs like Reading are all over our patch for youth development.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, January 30, 2018, 14:10:06 »

Well, you might as well name drop who it was seeing as you have told the rest of the story
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, January 30, 2018, 14:15:20 »

I can't comment on the internal actions of which I have no knowledge, further more if its a police matter its best we all keep away from posting on this matter. One thing I can tell you all is that I know of a young local defender (who's bloody good) who approached the club and was promply rejected. He's gone on to play in Europe and has broken into the English leagues. There are a number of Championship and a few Prem clubs watching him evey game. What bothered me was that we've been wiithout a commanding defender since Flint left and the club was offer one on a plate. We don't seen to bring in and bring local talent, when other clubs like Reading are all over our patch for youth development.
You can tell that tale about any Academy, anywhere. Reading released Charlie Austin, Arsenal released Harry Kane but kept the "highly rated next Ashley Cole" (BOO), Southampton (IIRC) released Ben Gladwin because he was too small(!) and Tyrone Mings.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, January 30, 2018, 14:15:46 »

But that could just be down to subjective opinion Red Ken. i.e. they just got it wrong.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #21 on: Tuesday, January 30, 2018, 14:17:25 »

Southampton (IIRC) released Ben Gladwin because he was too small(!) and Tyrone Mings.
Reading released Gladwin mate.

BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday, January 30, 2018, 14:19:51 »

As far as we're aware and due the details of the Club Statement, it is not a police matter.

I know who the player is....it's one of those lads who didn't make the cut in the Samsung Win a Pro Contract thingymajigs...isn't it??  Soapy Tit Wank

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday, January 30, 2018, 14:30:12 »

Reading released Gladwin mate.
So IDRC Smiley Point still stands, these were just a couple of random examples of players who've been released by an Academy that went on to have decent careers in football. Happens all the time, it's not an exact science, as Batch says so much of the decision making is down to subjective opinion and in some cases personal bias.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday, January 30, 2018, 14:33:28 »

As far as we're aware and due the details of the Club Statement, it is not a police matter.

I know who the player is....it's one of those lads who didn't make the cut in the Samsung Win a Pro Contract thingymajigs...isn't it??  Soapy Tit Wank

Plus if it was a police matter it wouldn’t matter what people post on a bloody football fourm.

Disappointed in the lack of wild speculation on here, this forum is changing
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday, January 30, 2018, 14:35:35 »

Sherwoods coming back to do a full revamp of the youth academy as he made Harry Kane etc.

#returnofthetim
Peter Venkman

« Reply #26 on: Tuesday, January 30, 2018, 14:41:46 »

So IDRC Smiley Point still stands, these were just a couple of random examples of players who've been released by an Academy that went on to have decent careers in football. Happens all the time, it's not an exact science, as Batch says so much of the decision making is down to subjective opinion and in some cases personal bias.
Absolutely, every club has one or 2 "that got away" Jamie Vardy at Sheff Weds, Ian Wright at Southend, Platini at Metz, Ruud Gullit at Ipswich, Eric Cantona at Sheff Weds the list is endless.

Add Theo Walcott to our list as well as a few others, you can go on and on with near misses.

Some people even think Branco was a good defender Wink

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday, January 30, 2018, 14:47:42 »

Branco was a fucking legend #clotheslineHero
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday, January 30, 2018, 14:53:16 »

That statement is (possibly unintentionally) perfectly calibrated to do maximum damage to Newton's reputation without actually accusing him of anything.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday, January 30, 2018, 14:55:56 »

Plus if it was a police matter it wouldn’t matter what people post on a bloody football fourm.

I did hear that Mr. Blobby is involved and Gordon the Gopher has said he will never work in TV again...

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: