Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Daily Express Football 5 a side championship Wembley Arena 6 November 1969  (Read 1544 times)
Bedford Red

Smithers Jones

Ignore
« on: Friday, February 2, 2018, 23:17:08 »

Does anyone know much about this; or can anyone find any info on the internet.

I came across a picture in an old annual; Swindon got to the final of this tournament and lost to Man City 2-1; obviously invited to take part because of the League Cup win that year.

Swindon beat QPR 1-0 in the first round; but i can't find any other info about it apart from playing Man City in the final. It was on TV apparantly; so Reg do you remember watching it?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, February 3, 2018, 01:14:55 »

Does anyone know much about this; or can anyone find any info on the internet.

I came across a picture in an old annual; Swindon got to the final of this tournament and lost to Man City 2-1; obviously invited to take part because of the League Cup win that year.

Swindon beat QPR 1-0 in the first round; but i can't find any other info about it apart from playing Man City in the final. It was on TV apparantly; so Reg do you remember watching it?

Yes. I remember we scored a phantom goal in the final, no VAR then.  It was a time when TV was black and white and a bit clunky.... you'd get atmospherics, a strategic whack on the box, could put things right.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: