Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Crewe Alexandra Official Matchday Thread  (Read 38108 times)
Lady Magpie

Ignore
« Reply #210 on: Sunday, January 28, 2018, 13:36:39 »

Attendance was 5427 im quite sure. They announced it in hospitality and said they didn't over the tannoy because it was so low. Which it was. Hell of a game to miss!

Thanks.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #211 on: Sunday, January 28, 2018, 13:40:42 »

So tear a strip off him at half time in the dressing room, that shows the player and the group that the behaviour won't be tolerated and adds an element of peer group humiliation (which presumably was also the intent). But to make the sub 3-4 minutes before half time seems to add an unnecessary element of public humiliation. Taken together with the way he's hung Vigoroux out to dry, it does look like poor man management. He may well have his reasons, he may well be justified in wanting to sanction either or both players but the purpose of such sanctions is to reset the relationship and enable it to be rebuilt, hopefully stronger. Whereas Flitcroft just seems to burn his bridges publicly to prove who's the bigger man. And in both instances, with players who the club had hoped to make a return on. So not very good asset management either.

This 100%.  Absolutely shit man management imo.  Some might say it paid off, but it was Elsnik and Taylor that were the difference not Norris.  Norris missed several good chances after coming on as per usual. You only had to hear the crowd reaction to see what people thought of the substitution at that point in the game.  I didn’t even think Woolery was playing badly, but christ if he wants to start making an example of players who aren’t performing, there’s several far better candidates who are utter crap week in and out.  The fact we ended up winning saved him from a real backlash yesterday.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: Sunday, January 28, 2018, 13:41:39 »

FWIW,. it's just the timing that irked me. Didn't think he was playing badly but that's irrelevant
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: Sunday, January 28, 2018, 15:15:56 »

Just watched the highlights.

Interesting to compare Norris 'setting up' Elsnick's second as compared with the finishes for the first and fourth goals.   Cheesy
« Last Edit: Sunday, January 28, 2018, 15:18:44 by Nomoreheroes » Logged

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #214 on: Sunday, January 28, 2018, 15:38:42 »

Anyone who’s watched football knows that the one thing that can embarrass a player the most is being substituted in the first half. Anyone who says otherwise is being obtuse

Things get better but they never get good
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: Sunday, January 28, 2018, 15:43:27 »

FWIW,. it's just the timing that irked me. Didn't think he was playing badly but that's irrelevant
Same as. In fairness, Flitcroft can reasonably argue (and indeed did) that he took a bold gamble by making 3 subs at half time and it paid off. And to further balance out the criticism the transfer window signings have been good so far, albeit need another defender if we can.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #216 on: Sunday, January 28, 2018, 15:56:45 »

Same as. In fairness, Flitcroft can reasonably argue (and indeed did) that he took a bold gamble by making 3 subs at half time and it paid off. And to further balance out the criticism the transfer window signings have been good so far, albeit need another defender if we can.

Had he have made the three subs at half time I don't think he would have got the criticism he did, it was hauling Woolery off at 41:52 in the first half that drew most of the criticism.

To be fair to him, he is partly right though.

His subs did change the game, although I think it was a bit of a no brainer to bring Elsnik on
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #217 on: Sunday, January 28, 2018, 16:03:28 »

Had he have made the three subs at half time I don't think he would have got the criticism he did, it was hauling Woolery off at 41:52 in the first half that drew most of the criticism.
Yeah sorry, I phrased that badly. What I meant was that he effectively made 3 half time subs, given how close to HT it was when he chose to publicly humilate Woolery. And that bit worked (the 3 subs). Which makes the very pointed and unnecessary public humiliation all the more disappointing.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #218 on: Sunday, January 28, 2018, 16:14:30 »

For no problem with the subs. iandolo was venerable (as was Gordon) and as pointed out the two Dunne clearances were crucial but he was hopeless.
---
not sure Norris added anything, but hey ho.
Wonder what it was that Woolery didn't do. A couple of us have noticed he had been backing up against defenders recently, but not yesterday. Surely that's not it. Nobody would use a fast mobile player as muscle.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #219 on: Sunday, January 28, 2018, 16:28:55 »

WTF was Robertson doing for their third goal  Eek Doh
REDBUCK

« Reply #220 on: Sunday, January 28, 2018, 16:35:35 »

Catching his breath and turning like an oil tanker.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #221 on: Sunday, January 28, 2018, 16:35:39 »

In fairness I guess he and Lancashire thought it was dealt with. Yes, you should always make sure...
REDBUCK

« Reply #222 on: Sunday, January 28, 2018, 16:38:58 »

Just watched the highlights.

Interesting to compare Norris 'setting up' Elsnick's second as compared with the finishes for the first and fourth goals.   Cheesy

indeed nice use of the "air shot and pass with the standing foot" technique.
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #223 on: Sunday, January 28, 2018, 16:55:44 »

not sure Norris added anything, but hey ho.
Wonder what it was that Woolery didn't do. A couple of us have noticed he had been backing up against defenders recently, but not yesterday. Surely that's not it. Nobody would use a fast mobile player as muscle.

The laugh is apparently Woolery wasn't doing what he was asked to do? So i assume Norris was, which begs the question what is Norris asked to do?!?! Be shit i assume.
sir windon

Ignore
« Reply #224 on: Sunday, January 28, 2018, 17:29:00 »

I noticed on the excellent swindon-town-fc.co.uk that Vigouroux's next game would be his 100th for the club. Do you think there is any coincidence in the fact that that game will never come? Could trigger something in his contract/ transfer fee?
« Last Edit: Sunday, January 28, 2018, 17:31:13 by sir windon » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: