Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Going Out in Exter  (Read 3670 times)
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Thursday, January 25, 2018, 16:38:47 »

Fact of the day #2 Tommy Cooper spent the first 8 years of his life at 3 Fords Road, Exeter after moving there as a new born.

Fact of the day #3 I'm friends with the guy that makes the Blue Plaques on behalf of English Heritage.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Thursday, January 25, 2018, 20:26:45 »

Must admit I didn't overly rate Hubbox when we went there for my 50th birthday, Urban Burger a bit further out serves much better burger IMO.

Hubbox smoked slow cooked brisket though is very good.

I've seen that place but not gone in. Surprised you didn't rate Hubbox. I love it there.

That reminds me, there's a good self service all day,all you can eat breakfast place called Brody's. It's not the cheapest but boy can you load up on a fry up/pancakes/etc.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #17 on: Friday, January 26, 2018, 09:36:04 »

I've seen that place but not gone in. Surprised you didn't rate Hubbox. I love it there.

That reminds me, there's a good self service all day,all you can eat breakfast place called Brody's. It's not the cheapest but boy can you load up on a fry up/pancakes/etc.
Brodys is excellent, I think part of Hubbox problem for me was it was so cramped and packed and I had very poor service, 75% of the food is pretty good but for burgers Urban Burger beats it for me.

Urban Burger is about 50 yards down the same road as Brodys which is right opposite the museum, which if you like museums is a very good one, being under 30 miles from me I visit it once a year probably, I eat out in Exeter probably 8 times a year, I like the city but its not so much of a "young" city but that does seem to be changing but at my age I avoid any student oriented pubs now.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Friday, January 26, 2018, 11:43:31 »

Brodys is excellent, I think part of Hubbox problem for me was it was so cramped and packed and I had very poor service, 75% of the food is pretty good but for burgers Urban Burger beats it for me.

Urban Burger is about 50 yards down the same road as Brodys which is right opposite the museum, which if you like museums is a very good one, being under 30 miles from me I visit it once a year probably, I eat out in Exeter probably 8 times a year, I like the city but its not so much of a "young" city but that does seem to be changing but at my age I avoid any student oriented pubs now.

Yeah I know where you mean. I walked past it after coming up from Exeter central railway station. I did nod at it as one to try to the Mrs as we passed. Looked busy which is a good sign. Will try it in April when I'm next down there for a weekend.

I love Exeter and go there a few times a year like you. Last time was for the Christmas market which I thought wasn't as good as last year but still nice. Used to keep my Caravan in Exminster but got shot of it last year. Hotels for us now.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #19 on: Friday, January 26, 2018, 11:50:37 »

Yeah I know where you mean. I walked past it after coming up from Exeter central railway station. I did nod at it as one to try to the Mrs as we passed. Looked busy which is a good sign. Will try it in April when I'm next down there for a weekend.

I love Exeter and go there a few times a year like you. Last time was for the Christmas market which I thought wasn't as good as last year but still nice. Used to keep my Caravan in Exminster but got shot of it last year. Hotels for us now.
We stayed in Exeter for the Christmas market so we can have some gluewien and german beer etc and this last one was the worst we have ever been to, its been taken over by Exeter Cathedral and want to "showcase" local produce, as a result it was half the size and pretty shit.

Did brum Christmas Market and thats brilliant (as an aside to Exeter!).

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: