Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: What Other Teams Have You Followed?  (Read 14124 times)
adje

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Tuesday, January 23, 2018, 11:07:03 »

Berwick Rangers as I used to live in a small Wiltshire hamlet called berwick

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
adje

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Tuesday, January 23, 2018, 11:08:20 »

I have a cynical hatred for pretty much every other team

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Tuesday, January 23, 2018, 12:09:12 »

I forgot to add that Hibs are the Scottish team I follow, been a few times including seeing them end Hearts’ unbeaten run in the season you mention

Being part of the Sunshine on Leith rendition is a spine tingling experience. Best club anthem going bar none

I have to agree about Sunshine on Leith, it is a great (football) song. The Edinburgh derbies were easily the highlights of those times (and the cup run). Sensational atmosphere.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Tuesday, January 23, 2018, 12:17:10 »

I’ve got a friend who is a Sheff Weds fan, so used to occasionally go and watch them play. Remember watching them beat the scum at the manor one night).

I’ve been to watch other teams play (Barcelona & Dortmund this season), but wouldn’t say I’m a fan or that I particularly follow any of them
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Tuesday, January 23, 2018, 12:49:50 »

Followed Man Utd as a kid, as did a lot of others of my generation.

Had a fleeting thing with Chelsea because they were my old man's team, but he's never really been a great fan of football generally.

I keep an eye out for Southampton results as my grandfather was on the books a long time ago. Never quite played first team.
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Tuesday, January 23, 2018, 13:20:34 »

Always been a Town fan but followed Leeds for a while because my best mate did. Saw the light soon enough and chose to bin Leeds.

Grandfather played for Sunderland, Hull & Town but don't really care about the other two. Local team is Pompey so keep an eye out as they are also my wife's family's team. 
derbystfc

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Tuesday, January 23, 2018, 15:34:53 »

Obv Swindon

For some strange reason and I cant put my finger on it, I quite like Wycombe too.

I go to Barcelona quite often and my mates uncle's company is a sponsor so if a game is on when i'm over there, we tend to go.

I grew up in Northampton, and I cant stand them. Live in Milton Keynes and I detest them. Man Utd, Oxford, Bristol clubs, cant stand. Have a strange putrid dislike to Bolton but that's because of John Mcginley.

BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Tuesday, January 23, 2018, 15:38:35 »

Obv Swindon

For some strange reason and I cant put my finger on it, I quite like Wycombe too.

I go to Barcelona quite often and my mates uncle's company is a sponsor so if a game is on when i'm over there, we tend to go.

I grew up in Northampton, and I cant stand them. Live in Milton Keynes and I detest them. Man Utd, Oxford, Bristol clubs, cant stand. Have a strange putrid dislike to Bolton but that's because of John Mcginley.

Yep me and the old man hated them while he was there. Didn't mind them when the likes of Jay Jay Okocha and Allardyce's "stars of yesterday" were there. Certainly extended the careers of a few players!

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Anteater

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Tuesday, January 23, 2018, 16:06:23 »

Hate Bolton too but then I hate all other teams except England, Supermarine (as I used to play for them years ago), Cusco and Young Boys of Lima (as saw them on holiday in Peru) and Swindon Robins Speedway.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: