Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: What Other Teams Have You Followed?  (Read 14095 times)
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Monday, January 22, 2018, 19:15:30 »

I enjoy looking up the results of Hannover 96 as I lived near Hannover as a kid.

Family connections to Chippenham Town but not as close as Sax.

Don’t care about their form et al.
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Monday, January 22, 2018, 19:37:08 »

Leyton Orient - was born in the local hospital and lived next to the ground for many years. When we were old enough used to go with my uncle Bill RIP, he was about 4 years older than me. Left London when I got married and moved to ...
Gravesend and Northfleet - nuff said. 1989 moved to ...
Swindon Town - got involved with a mate running the Junior Robins and enjoyed the STFC roller coaster for many years until I relegated myself to ...
Rubin Kazan - see them occasionally but follow Town on the internet and sometimes manage to get to a match when I come back to visit family.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Monday, January 22, 2018, 19:47:34 »

Leyton Orient - was born in the local hospital and lived next to the ground for many years. When we were old enough used to go with my uncle Bill RIP, he was about 4 years older than me. Left London when I got married and moved to ...
Gravesend and Northfleet - nuff said. 1989 moved to ...
Swindon Town - got involved with a mate running the Junior Robins and enjoyed the STFC roller coaster for many years until I relegated myself to ...
Rubin Kazan - see them occasionally but follow Town on the internet and sometimes manage to get to a match when I come back to visit family.

Are there any WC matches in Kazan?
Amir

« Reply #18 on: Monday, January 22, 2018, 19:48:00 »

Chippenham coz my stepdad was chairman for 25 years, my mum was chairman for 5 years and my uncle played in goal for them about 600 times.

I've heard all is not well at Hardenhuish Park, due to the club being run on a shoestring. They need a revolution fast or something is going to buckle!
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Monday, January 22, 2018, 19:52:37 »

Nice work Amir.  I see what you did there! 
Glad to say my folks are no longer involved.  I think the current bloke is spending plenty of money.

Never knowingly overstated.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Monday, January 22, 2018, 19:57:57 »

and the other 2 aren't?

This is true!
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Monday, January 22, 2018, 20:00:39 »

Glad to say my folks are no longer involved.  I think the current bloke is spending plenty of money.
Spending silly money isn’t he? Andy Sandell didnt go and play for Chippenham for free after turning down league 2 sides. I
Amir

« Reply #22 on: Monday, January 22, 2018, 20:01:02 »

I went as a kid a few times when the crowd was about 50 people, remember listening to my grandfather bellowing at the ref from the other side of the pitch. I also went a few times about 15 years back when they had a few big games, but I never felt any sort of affiliation.
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Monday, January 22, 2018, 20:11:21 »

Are there any WC matches in Kazan?

There will be. Do you want our B&B rates? Wink
Wilf Shergold

« Reply #24 on: Monday, January 22, 2018, 20:22:28 »

Chippenham coz my stepdad was chairman for 25 years, my mum was chairman for 5 years and my uncle played in goal for them about 600 times.

Webbs by any chance?

For me:

Brora Rangers, amongst some mates it was the furthestmost senior team we knew, and I got there first. Seen them a bunch of times from the 80s onwards, some of the friendliest people you could wish to meet. But can they drink... I think the Highland League is a drinking club, where sometimes football gets played.

Dulwich Hamlet, Leytonstone/Ilford in the John Still days, St Albans City, all places I lived near. Ditto Charlton and C Palace, always look out for their scores but not a supporter of by any means.

Real Betis, for obscure Pyrenees-related reasons.
Miles Mayhem

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Monday, January 22, 2018, 20:23:58 »

Inter Milan. Got interested in them through watching Football Italia in 94 and carried on since. Forza La Beneamata.
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Monday, January 22, 2018, 20:25:57 »

Leeds as a kid in the 70s until I started going to watch Swindon and still look outfor their results. Don Revie's Leeds were by far the best team I've ever seen.

In Scotland I've always had a soft spot for Brechin City - for no other reason than I looked at the Scottish league tables once when I was little and Brechin were bottom of the old 2nd Division and I just started following their results from then on.

Red Star 93 in France - when I moved to France in 1998 Frederic Darras started playing for Red Star not long afterwards so I went along to watch them as they were one of my local teams (the other being Noisy Le Sec). Philippe Cuervo also joined them a few years later. I've since moved away but I still follow their results and have even been to see them play when it's not been too far away (last game was a couple of years ago at Luçon, about 150 km from me - took the whole family (5 of us) and swelled the Red Star support from 13 to 18.....). Also go to see my local team Angers play occasionally, although I haven't been since they got promoted to Ligue 1. The football here is dire and it says it all that I'd rather go to watch Swindon play in League 2 than Angers in the French Ligue 1.

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Monday, January 22, 2018, 20:32:30 »

Was Liverpool mad as a young kid. Then I went to watch the town and that was that.
Used to go to Arsenal quite a bit but wouldn't say I supported them. A fondness for sure.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Monday, January 22, 2018, 20:38:49 »

man U were my playground  team.

knew it was over the day we drew at the CG. Just as they became successful again.

Would still rather they win the league then anyone else, but nothing more. oddly still hate the scousers though.
quinnismyhero

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Monday, January 22, 2018, 20:47:31 »

Born in Liverpool.  First Anfield match in 1968.  When I lived in Tottenham 85-91, went to see them away at every London ground (as I did the Town also).

Still love 'em.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: