Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: What Other Teams Have You Followed?  (Read 14093 times)
Amir

« on: Monday, January 22, 2018, 17:48:21 »

And for what reason?

Liverpool - I was an 80's child, sorry.

Wolves - Because of Steve Bull I think, although I convinced myself because I was born nearby that I had a connection.

Hartlepool - Because they were shit.

And one exotic foreign team...

Albion Rovers - They were bottom of the Scottish Third Division(You can see a pattern forming here).
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Monday, January 22, 2018, 17:55:18 »

Liverpool - to impress a boy when I was about 7.

Spurs are my second team as much as I hate admitting that. My family are from Tottenham and I've lived there.

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Monday, January 22, 2018, 18:00:28 »

Supported or followed?

When I was a kid I was probably the only one who supported Arsenal in y primary school when we went to Wembley, in my defence I do come from just around the corner from Highbury. That said I then flirted with Leeds United in secondary school before seeing the light and following the team that played at the theatre of dispair the one and only Swindon Town. I do follow Arsenal now but my heart is forever at SN1 at 3pm on a Saturday.
Flashheart

« Reply #3 on: Monday, January 22, 2018, 18:03:03 »

None
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, January 22, 2018, 18:09:27 »

I keep an eye out for Shitty as my uncle followed them and Brovers as my Dad and Grandfather did. I also look for Forest Green as I used to live not far away.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, January 22, 2018, 18:20:04 »

I liked Man Utd in the playground, before they won the Cup in 1990, then I didn't like them - I clearly liked a lost cause (everyone I knew as a kid pre-Senior School was a Liverpool fan).

In terms of keeping an eye out for a team I had a spell liking  - Red Star Belgrade, Foggia & Stranraer.  Right now, I try to give my local support to Atlanta Utd in the MLS.  They've taken to it quite well to be honest, I was pleasantly surprised.  To bring this full circle though, they have a Liverpool Supporters Club which meet in a pub in Atlanta, which I happened across last year, grrrr.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, January 22, 2018, 18:23:45 »

Man Utd Coz they were the underdog to Liverpool when I was a kid.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #7 on: Monday, January 22, 2018, 18:25:13 »

Never wanted to follow any other team in this country or abroad, 1 club, 1 country for me.

Just not bothered about any other teams.
« Last Edit: Monday, January 22, 2018, 19:04:45 by Peter Venkman » Logged

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
china red

« Reply #8 on: Monday, January 22, 2018, 18:30:27 »

Forest Green Rovers since mid 1990’s when they were really shit, I hated it when cooper got the job
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Monday, January 22, 2018, 18:33:15 »

I supported Leicester due to family ties. Considered myself a fan through the Martin o Neil era, started watching town regularly from 2004 (I was 14) and allegeiances changed. Still look out for their results though, and the other year was quite nice

Things get better but they never get good
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Monday, January 22, 2018, 18:34:35 »

Support Swindon

Look out for Newport, used to watch them when i went to my mums.
East strirling, purely because they are utter shit.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Monday, January 22, 2018, 18:45:03 »

****Before I start, I don't support any of these. Except maybe support the Kiwi's, strictly when they aren't playing us (in Football that's not so much a problem). I just follow these teams via different influences.****

Arsenal - Grew up watching them and for such a long time their defence was the best around. As a CB, watching Tony Adams et al was inspirational a stuff. They were pretty good throughout the field tbh.

Spurs - Controversial, after following Arsenal but purely for the links Town have had with them over the years.

West Brom - Due to my old man. He followed them from the mid 60's into the 80's. Would rave about them, so I always look out for their results. Was disappointed when i learnt Adrian Chiles is a lifelong fan.

Forest & Derby - My childhood and current local teams. You can't breathe without them being mentioned around here. I give them one thing, they both have incredibly loyal sets of fans. They could both be playing non league and they'd turn up. Credit where it's due. Prefer Forest to Derby, purely because Derby fans tend to think they are the better club, yet haven't actually won anything for about 30 years. Forest it's been around 10.

New Zealand - Think this is thanks to a few Kiwi mates, but one mate in particular. Not just tied to football but I look out or even watch them in any sport. One thing they never lack is passion and winning mentality. It's absorbing. However they often can't handle losing. No one's perfect. Was rooting for them to beat Peru to qualify for the World Cup.
« Last Edit: Monday, January 22, 2018, 18:49:29 by bamboonoshoe » Logged

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Monday, January 22, 2018, 18:49:04 »

Chippenham coz my stepdad was chairman for 25 years, my mum was chairman for 5 years and my uncle played in goal for them about 600 times.

Liverpool as I lived with a big fan for a few years and was a child of the 80's.  Randomly also Man City and Southampton.

Never knowingly overstated.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Monday, January 22, 2018, 18:50:59 »

There are more teams I detest - apart from the usual suspects.

Watford, Muff, Villa, Brum, Luton spring to mind.

There are some I don’t mind, I suppose. The rest can all fuck off, really.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #14 on: Monday, January 22, 2018, 18:59:56 »

Support Swindon

Look out for Newport, used to watch them when i went to my mums.
East strirling, purely because they are utter shit.
and the other 2 aren't?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: