Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Comedy Corner  (Read 1452 times)
Amir

+6/-11

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday, February 14, 2018, 10:59:30 »

Daniel Kitson is probably my favourite UK comedian. Probably.

I like a lot of U.S. comics: Burr, Doug Stanhope, Marc Maron. I don’t mind people like John Mulaney but Aziz Ansari has ‘lost it’ for me. Feels like popularity has gone to his head.

I've started to watch a bit of Marc Marion now, hadn't heard of him before. Cheers.

I'm only here because I'm trying to get out.  I'm only certain that I'm living in doubt.
bamboonoshoe

+27/-99

A Beard is for life not just for Decembeard

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Wednesday, February 14, 2018, 16:08:47 »

Mate of mine says there's a new brothel in town fronting as a greengrocers...

...I've heard they do a roaring trade in courgettes but they can't fathom why their unripe bananas keep being returned...

COYR WAFRAWA STFC

XVG:DGH28WKwUNR2mho7ez4RVPPZbYAur8FvaQ  **** Donations welcome to support this future technology and help it grow.
4D

+66/-66

I am real

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Wednesday, February 14, 2018, 23:23:58 »

Talking of which Suzie Bennett is at the Chippenham Comedy Club this coming Thursday, she is also very good live and an old friend, worth a visit to the Old Road Tavern in Chippenham.

Ha, the old road tavern. I used to play league darts against them. Proper pub, chip butties during the interval  Smiley
Peter Venkman

+43/-121

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Thursday, February 15, 2018, 12:40:40 »

Ha, the old road tavern. I used to play league darts against them. Proper pub, chip butties during the interval  Smiley
Good cask beers too, nice pub.

The morning cocks are crowing, an evil wind is blowing, you feel your juices flowing and wonder where you're going.

You hear about a shooting, and plan a different route in, and you end up hiding even though you're law abiding.

What & How & If & When & Why.
Amir

+6/-11

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Thursday, February 15, 2018, 21:14:08 »

Good cask beers too, nice pub.

Best pub in Chippenham, although the competition is hardly fierce.

Looking at tickets for Richard Herring and Andy Hamilton in the next few months.

I'm only here because I'm trying to get out.  I'm only certain that I'm living in doubt.
Ells

+241/-270

Not 30 yet

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Friday, February 16, 2018, 01:40:50 »

Saw Richard Herring last year, he was superb. Get those tickets if you can.

I needn't have worried about seeing Stewart Lee losing it - he was exceptional (and very nice when i met him after the gig). I get that the "those over there don't get it" jokes are a bit repetitive to some, but it's not the majority of the show by any means. Probably the funniest stand up I've ever seen since Kitson.

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Amir

+6/-11

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Friday, February 16, 2018, 08:46:37 »

It's okay, everyone loses it in the end. The only ways to avoid this are a) pretend to die and then come back as Alex Jones or b) get good when you're old so there's no time for you to lose it, like George Carlin.

Peter Venkman

+43/-121

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Friday, February 16, 2018, 09:53:50 »

Saw Richard Herring last year, he was superb. Get those tickets if you can.

I needn't have worried about seeing Stewart Lee losing it - he was exceptional (and very nice when i met him after the gig). I get that the "those over there don't get it" jokes are a bit repetitive to some, but it's not the majority of the show by any means. Probably the funniest stand up I've ever seen since Kitson.
Richard Herring is a lovely if a little morose bloke, I get on well with him, we talk about football, he is a massive York fan having been born there even though has lived most his life about 15 miles down the road from me in Somerset.

Stewart Lee is one of THE best stand up acts I have ever seen, never disappoints.

The morning cocks are crowing, an evil wind is blowing, you feel your juices flowing and wonder where you're going.

You hear about a shooting, and plan a different route in, and you end up hiding even though you're law abiding.

What & How & If & When & Why.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: