Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Parking ticket  (Read 4944 times)
chalkies_shorts

« on: Wednesday, January 17, 2018, 19:10:31 »

My daughter has just got a parking ticket from Parking Eye for parking at Asda at Orbital. She went there in the morning and then again in the evening to help someone out. They now say she parked there for 8.5 hours, over the 5 hour limit.We will obviously appeal. Has anyone got any experience of anything similar - any dos and donts. £40 as well or £70 if you don't pay in 14 days.
AldbourneRed

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, January 17, 2018, 19:17:26 »

Have a look at
https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/parking-ticket-appeals
Lots of useful info and guidance there
china red

« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, January 17, 2018, 19:24:38 »

Don’t wardens take pictures of car/license place these days? Surely she didn’t park in same place twice.  I appealed a ticket I got in Oxford last year and they let me off, always worth a try
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, January 17, 2018, 19:29:05 »

These companies are cunts. I had one off them and it said to pay in 28 days. After 3 weeks they sent me a letter threatening me with court action. Rung up and told them to fuck themselves and i wasnt paying it and the stupid bint on the end of the line told me to watch my language and cut me off. Cheeky cunts.

Never paid it in the end
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, January 17, 2018, 19:38:47 »

also get advice here

http://forums.pepipoo.com

definitely don't ignore it, more and more are being chased through courts
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, January 17, 2018, 20:06:33 »

Don’t wardens take pictures of car/license place these days? Surely she didn’t park in same place twice.  I appealed a ticket I got in Oxford last year and they let me off, always worth a try
They use cameras with anpr going in and out.  I drove through the Go Outdoors car park to drop my wife off in Colbourne Street and then pick her up four hours later.  They produced pics of me arrriving at one entrance and leaving by the other, can claimed I had parked for over four hours!  I wrote and told them I hadn't even stopped the car in their car park and if they wanted to proceed further they must supply me with pics of my car stationery for over four hours.  They replied telling kme they had reviewed the film and decided not to proceed.  I rang Go Outdoors and told them they had just lost a customer!!  The manager was very apologetic and said it happened all the time.
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, January 17, 2018, 20:44:47 »

it's called double dipping (snerk) ; don't look it up at work!!!
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, January 17, 2018, 20:59:00 »

I would have thought that as they had evidence of you leaving on the second visit they should have evidence of you leaving on the first?
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, January 17, 2018, 21:16:07 »

They probably do have the evidence but I doubt a human has touched it yet.  It will simply be some code that picks up the first entry and last exit.  How many days after the event did you receive the notice? (if not within 14 days they can't ask you who was driving if you don't tell them).

It's an invoice based on a contract.  Knowing the site the contract terms will be on display, so you agree to be bound by them by using it - that's how they get most of them to court these days but they can still be challenged if it is deemed they are claiming a Penalty and not a breach of contract.

In this case, just appeal straight away in writing.  They usually have an agreed way, as well as via phone.  If they decline it you can take it to an ombudsman of sorts.  As it won't stand up in court, they'll soon apologise, and even if they don't you can have the fun of going in to embarrass them.  By Court, it's  civil case, so they'd need to sue you.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #9 on: Thursday, January 18, 2018, 07:45:23 »

Thank you all. She parked in different spaces. They have two photographs of her 8 1/2 hours apart but they could just have easily have been taken anywhere. Will appeal and tell them to look at footage at x hours when she left first time and arrived second time.
I'd imagine this catches quite a few people.
RedLadyBucks

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, January 18, 2018, 08:51:53 »

I was only reading about the same situation the other day.
take a look at this
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/5265801/couple-asda-carpark-fine-14-hour-shop/

I think that this shows your daughter should be able to appeal successfully, good luck
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Thursday, January 18, 2018, 10:09:39 »

I'd tell em they need to sort their system out. Also, I'd be telling the store they're losing a customer.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Thursday, January 18, 2018, 14:34:42 »

Given that this would be a fully automated process, and it probably takes huge effort to go through the system and verify when challenged, it does beg the question whether any charge as a result of automated camera's would be upheld if appealed?
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Thursday, January 18, 2018, 14:43:05 »

no five hour limit at the rear car park, that's the new Swindon North park and ride.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Thursday, January 18, 2018, 15:12:19 »

I would have thought that as they had evidence of you leaving on the second visit they should have evidence of you leaving on the first?
In my case they would have done, but chose to use a pic taken at 7-55 am on entry and 12-10 pm on exit - the fact that I exited the first time at 7-56 and entered at 12-05 was all the evidence they thought they needed!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: