Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Club statement  (Read 69146 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: Monday, January 22, 2018, 00:08:16 »

Success brings fans. Lots of 50 year old Liverpool fans, 35 year old Man Utd fans, 25 year old Chelsea fans and 15 year old Man City fans across the country / world.
« Last Edit: Monday, January 22, 2018, 07:45:40 by 4D » Logged
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: Monday, January 22, 2018, 10:06:02 »

Some communication from the Trust over the weekend, for those who haven't seen it:

First of all, I would like to wish you a belated Happy New Year on behalf of everyone involved with TrustSTFC. Hopefully 2018 will see good news on and off the pitch, with a positive conclusion to the stadium discussions and promotion for the football team.

It's been really difficult to keep people informed on our progress behind the scenes, much of it is subject to confidentiality clauses and NDAs. We are in dialogue with all the relevant parties, and sometimes it's just necessary for things to play out without a running commentary.

We are however beginning preparations for our March AGM and that will be a chance for the Trust board to speak personally with each of you, should you choose to come along.

We have a board meeting coming up and will finalise a date and a venue, which we will then publish so that you can mark it on your calendar.

As mentioned in the previous newsletter we have spent many thousands of pounds on due diligence and have gone about our preparation in the proper manner, using the professional skills of board members and associated contacts. This was probably the first time in decades (or even the first time ever) that such a study had been conducted, and it revealed some interesting findings that have taken time to work through.

We're happy that we have a great understanding on the current state of the County Ground and how things can be improved going forwards.

In the meantime, I'm sure you will have noticed that the club have put in a bid on the stadium, this is something we have been aware of for a while and so it came as no surprise, and we will continue to work toward the best outcome for the long-term stablity and improvement of Swindon Town FC.

We are well positioned to run a professional campaign and have great support not only from our Red Army Fund members (thanks again to all of you) but also corporate support and other help from local companies.

On the Red Army Fund front, if you're struggling for money after Christmas then don't feel obliged to keep up on the monthly payments, but every bit helps us and will only ever be spent on things to help our campaign. If it doesn't conclude in our favour then all contributors will decide as part of a group vote on what should happen with the Red Army Fund going forwards. If you're happy to keep contributing, thank you again.

In case you missed it...

Click here to read the Swindon Advertiser Swindon Town Bid Article

Click here to read the Swindon Advertiser TrustSTFC Bid Article

Rob Angus, the Trust Vice-Chair, went on-air with BBC Wiltshire to discuss on Thursday

Click here to listen to his interview.

As did Councillor Garry Perkins - Click here to listen

It's really important that we don't let these off-the-field matters affect the promotion push, as we are not a League 2 club and we need to get out of there as soon as possible. There have been a couple of excellent signings during the window and with the table as it is, there is still a very real chance that the team will go up this year.

Please get in touch if you still have questions, and rest assured there will be more to come via the media and other newsletters, in the next few months.
Don Rogers Sock

« Reply #182 on: Monday, January 22, 2018, 11:05:41 »

As a ex Trust leader Paul what do you make of it all ?
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: Monday, January 22, 2018, 11:30:49 »

Well firstly, putting a statement out on a Sunday is just plain amateur....
Panda Paws

« Reply #184 on: Monday, January 22, 2018, 11:46:59 »

Well firstly, putting a statement out on a Sunday is just plain amateur....

Not a statement, it was a newsletter to members.
Don Rogers Sock

« Reply #185 on: Monday, January 22, 2018, 11:57:40 »

He has a point kind of though
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: Monday, January 22, 2018, 12:27:03 »

As a ex Trust leader Paul what do you make of it all ?
Understand the criticism re radio silence, but also understand it can be difficult to communicate everything when you're dealing with 3rd parties who want NDAs in place. You'd look a twat if you blew a potential deal by going public too early. Difficult balance to strike.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #187 on: Monday, January 22, 2018, 15:23:53 »

I didn't get it. Not impressed with the Trust at all lately.

DD cancelled.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #188 on: Monday, January 22, 2018, 15:54:42 »

DD cancelled.

Google decided this belonged in promotions. I should really set up gmail tags whenever I get 5 minutes
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: Monday, January 22, 2018, 16:07:07 »

DD cancelled.

I got it twice, so they must love me
Panda Paws

« Reply #190 on: Monday, January 22, 2018, 16:16:40 »

DD cancelled.

Agree with both you and DRS, I'm far from impressed at the moment and cancelled my own DD last month. Felt like money down the drain.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: Monday, January 22, 2018, 16:24:45 »

Completely understand where you are coming from.

While I support the Trust's bid, and that considerable time and effort is probably going unseen, it feels like they pushed "the button" too early. For whatever reason the scheme isn't in place, and comms have been poor.

While acknowledging the officers are volunteers with full time jobs it feels like any momentum has been lost, as well as a bit of credibility to those that already had doubts.

And no, I couldn't do a better job of it. I know I wouldn't have the time or frankly the energy to try.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: Monday, January 22, 2018, 16:29:33 »

So that's Lee Power AND the Trust we now hate because they don't talk to us often enough.

Well we're fucked then aren't we Smiley
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #193 on: Monday, January 22, 2018, 16:37:01 »

I did get the pen of questionable quality,the pin badge and the shirt in the end

Banana
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #194 on: Monday, January 22, 2018, 16:38:49 »

Google decided this belonged in promotions. I should really set up gmail tags whenever I get 5 minutes

Yeah realised as soon as I'd posted in was probably in another folder, checked and it was. DD still cancelled, mind.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: