Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Club statement  (Read 70002 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Thursday, January 18, 2018, 13:12:43 »

Perhaps the forum needs to have a recruitment drive to get more posters in, get rid of some dead wood (now's no time for sentiment) and get some fresh blood in to take things forward.  Hmmm Wink

The Tories are having a similar campaign to attract the yoof. Their man is the youthful MP for Mansfield, Ben Bradley, his main selling point is being a Brexiteer who wants vasectomies for the under class. Surprising that Mansfield voted for that... but vasectomy is a long word.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #91 on: Thursday, January 18, 2018, 13:32:09 »

I used to think fan ownership would be preferably to Power getting his hands on any appreciable asset, but then I spent some time in that facebook group and changed my mind.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Thursday, January 18, 2018, 13:32:34 »

It’s not Power, per se, I’m wary of. It’s any owner in this day and age. The last 10 years or so is littered with clubs fucked over by their owner.

I can only judge on what has happened - we’ve declined on the pitch, year on year, attendances have dropped 1500 or so, we’ve probably been conned re any possible training ground.

I know some on here put Power into the ‘useless’ owner category rather than the ‘evil’ owner, but with his previous business history it’s difficult not to be on the paranoid side of wary.

I do agree, though, that doing nowt isn’t an option going forward.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Thursday, January 18, 2018, 14:03:28 »

I used to think fan ownership would be preferably to Power getting his hands on any appreciable asset, but then I spent some time in that facebook group and changed my mind.
On that basis, I assume you're also opposed to democratic elections as a way of running the country?
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Thursday, January 18, 2018, 14:07:26 »

Don’t think any of them would put their hands in there pockets anyway or for a ground purchase for that matter. The apathy that exists, even in the Diamandis days says to me the only way we’d ever progress would be through a private individual.

Nothing has changed at the club in 20 years, the ground is at the end of its shelf life so something needs to change as if nothing changes in the next 20 years I can see us decaying into nothingness anyway. Lots of questions of course but I’m not going all doom and gloom as worst case it would just accelerate an ongoing slow decline of the club in my opinion.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Thursday, January 18, 2018, 14:18:56 »

It’s not Power, per se, I’m wary of. It’s any owner in this day and age. The last 10 years or so is littered with clubs fucked over by their owner.

Absolutely. But we can't stagnate forever (as theakston said).

On the assumption it'll be sold soon whatever, the only way to stop a bellend getting the ground is to own it yourself.

Even then there are no guarantees a well meaning owner won't fuck it up.

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Thursday, January 18, 2018, 14:54:23 »

Absolutely. But we can't stagnate forever (as theakston said).

the only way to stop a bellend getting the ground is to own it yourself.

Even then there are no guarantees a well meaning owner won't fuck it up.

I'd rather have Audrey than Power.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Thursday, January 18, 2018, 15:14:31 »

So in all seriousness what do you suggest, even if you go down the fan route, if it goes well you end up in the Swansea situation?

we’ve probably been conned re any possible training ground.

Have we?

I know some on here put Power into the ‘useless’ owner category rather than the ‘evil’ owner, but with his previous business history it’s difficult not to be on the paranoid side of wary.

I entirely agree about being wary, however I have never seen anything that suggests that Powers previous endeavors were anything nefarious, they could equally be naeivity and inexperience that he may have learnt from?

I do agree, though, that doing nowt isn’t an option going forward.

Indeed, I have no idea whats going on with the Trust and, understand they all have day jobs but the present scrabble of activity followed by months of silence doesn't really help anyone or build confidence, after the clubs announcement yesterday it would take 5 minutes to draft a statement saying I dunno

'We note the club offer and would like to talk to them about their proposals, we can confirm that we the Trust are still in negotiation with the Council and hope to be able to report progress shortly, in the meantime we would welcome the chance for dialogue with the club to see if we can move forward for the mutual benefit of STFC as a community asset and Football Club representing Swindon'

(You can have that one for nothing!)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Thursday, January 18, 2018, 16:12:35 »

So the Trust are still in the game according to The Adver.  This could be fun  Popcorn
Don Rogers Sock

« Reply #99 on: Thursday, January 18, 2018, 16:20:31 »

Be great to see our club become a tug of war. Joy
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Thursday, January 18, 2018, 17:10:43 »

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/15864694.Trust_STFC_confident_over_County_Ground_freehold_plans/?ref=mr&lp=7

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Thursday, January 18, 2018, 17:18:03 »

So, if the Trust win out, will Power walk in a fit of pique? Can’t see him coughing rent to the Trust.
Panda Paws

« Reply #102 on: Thursday, January 18, 2018, 17:41:05 »

Who's funding the trust bid?
Don Rogers Sock

« Reply #103 on: Thursday, January 18, 2018, 17:42:02 »

Who's funding the trust bid?
We don't know yet, they will not reveal it which is quite frustrating.
Flashheart

« Reply #104 on: Thursday, January 18, 2018, 17:50:03 »

As I saw you point out elsewhere, DRS, if it were Power not revealing an anonymous funder people would be going berserk.

I understand why the trust probably can't reveal theirs, it's not a dig at them. But still...
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: