Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Club statement  (Read 69154 times)
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, January 17, 2018, 19:43:44 »

flushes out other interested parties/sees of they are bluffing

Hmmm, wonder what the price Lee Power and Clem Morfuni (sorry but that sounds like a Terry Pratchett, Discworld character) have tendered to SBC, in difference to TrustSTFC? As we know in most "deals" it's the price that counts. Were the trust offered it for around £1.5m or I'm I making that up?

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, January 17, 2018, 19:45:57 »

Personally would rather the club owned the ground than the trust as realistically the Trust will never have the money for a large scale redevelopment and could see disagreements between the Trust and club causing problems. Whether I trust Power is another matter but will be interesting to see if there are any plans that accompany this.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, January 17, 2018, 19:54:30 »

Personally would rather the club owned the ground than the trust

But it won't be the club, it'll be Power.
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, January 17, 2018, 19:55:16 »

Hmmmm, it's got me thinking...you don't think Power has been in touch with the Executors of Eady's Will, do you?

'Incessant Nonsense'

theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, January 17, 2018, 19:56:38 »

But it won't be the club, it'll be Power.
Which is why I added the bit about whether I trust power. If it was Fitton and co we’d have been jumping for joy.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, January 17, 2018, 19:59:09 »

Hmmmm, it's got me thinking...you don't think Power has been in touch with the Executors of Eady's Will, do you?

I don't think there's a chance Power will get his mitts on that.

We could do with knowing a bit more about Morfuni... after all he may not be from the Jed/Murrall school of Power chums, but as long as he lurks in the shadows, we can only assume the worst.
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, January 17, 2018, 20:38:14 »

We could do with knowing a bit more about Morfuni... after all he may not be from the Jed/Murrall school of Power chums, but as long as he lurks in the shadows, we can only assume the worst.

Not personally get his hands on it but if he's managed to have a natter "in private" and convinced them that it's for use to "benefit the club" he could easily broker a deal in which the Eady Estate could obtain a percentage of any future profits...It's mere speculation on my part but good businessmen are good at getting/sealing/closing deals and contracts (delivering upon them is another thing I admit). Lets not be coy in thinking that the Eady's wouldn't be interested in any future potential returns, even if your Estate was a "gift". I guess we don't necessarily know the full ins and outs of Eady's Estate but obviously we do know that the beneficiary of Wills can change the detail if needed and as long as all beneficiaries agree...

'Incessant Nonsense'

RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, January 17, 2018, 21:21:43 »

His company deals in large scale Utilities work on developments, like a big contractor.  They don't look like they have huge experience of being a lead contractor but they might see it as a way of taking the next step beyond putting the plugs into Wembley.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, January 17, 2018, 21:30:36 »

Personally would rather the club owned the ground than the trust as realistically the Trust will never have the money for a large scale redevelopment and could see disagreements between the Trust and club causing problems. Whether I trust Power is another matter but will be interesting to see if there are any plans that accompany this.
The one thing that has saved us from serious asset strippers over the years (as opposed to barrow boy amateurs like Jed) has been that we don't own any serious property. This would leave us wide open to every vulture who fancies his chances as a property developer. And no the Goddard Covenant wouldn't offer any protection - it can be bought out at the discretion of the Goddard Estate.
Conversely, it could be the thing that gets the club into a state where Power can reasonably do it up as a saleable asset and attract some serious Championship and upward level owners.
Not sure whether to be more scared or excited. Given Power's previous on property deals, I'm veering toward brown trouser territory
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday, January 17, 2018, 21:49:57 »

A club and Trust STFC partnership to own the ground on a 50/50 basis would be a good compromise. Club saves on current rent to SBC and Trust STFC have a veto on the ownership of the ground. Power would only need to stump up half the cash to buy the ground. Can't see it happening though as Power would be unlikely to want the scrutiny such an arrangement might bring.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday, January 17, 2018, 21:51:41 »

more chance of power charging £1.99 a season ticket next season
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday, January 17, 2018, 22:00:59 »

A club and Trust STFC partnership to own the ground on a 50/50 basis would be a good compromise. Club saves on current rent to SBC and Trust STFC have a veto on the ownership of the ground. Power would only need to stump up half the cash to buy the ground. Can't see it happening though as Power would be unlikely to want the scrutiny such an arrangement might bring.
Think I've got more chance of growing a womb tbh. But it would indeed be almost the best of all worlds, not sure what effect it would have on making the club more saleable though?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday, January 17, 2018, 22:16:49 »

I think it's pretty obvious, that with Brexit and continued Tory austerity in the public sector. SBC will look to sell, and not care about who to, or what their plans are beyond the normal planning regs, which are largely futile these days in the face of Tory donors.

The Trust have a chance to buy under the community asset rule, but would this apply to Power as he could argue his intent to keep it as a football ground, at least in the short term.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday, January 17, 2018, 22:39:23 »

Think I've got more chance of growing a womb tbh. But it would indeed be almost the best of all worlds, not sure what effect it would have on making the club more saleable though?

One has to get into the mind of what P sees as the end game? Buying the Free hold of the CG is IMHO not enough to make a REAL fist of making the mighty reds a force to be reckoned with without the car park, cricket ground and sports field.......Because if you buy the FH all you are getting is the land your concrete stands actually sit on. The real money comes from the area adjacent to it..... not withstanding the covenants from the Goddard estate to amend/overturn.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday, January 17, 2018, 22:44:43 »

One has to get into the mind of what P sees as the end game? Buying the Free hold of the CG is IMHO not enough to make a REAL fist of making the mighty reds a force to be reckoned with without the car park, cricket ground and sports field.......Because if you buy the FH all you are getting is the land your concrete stands actually sit on. The real money comes from the area adjacent to it..... not withstanding the covenants from the Goddard estate to amend/overturn.
Oh completely, but it might be enough for him to be able to sell up with an option for a %age of any future development or some such. i.e. an exit strategy with an option for future profits at someone else's risk. That might quite appeal rather than getting stuck here drip feeding in to a non-profit making business in sufficient amounts to make him wince but insufficient to make a difference.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: