Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Club statement  (Read 69940 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: Monday, January 22, 2018, 16:43:48 »

Quote from: Tails
So that's Lee Power AND the Trust we now hate because they don't talk to us often enough.

Well we're fucked then aren't we Smiley
we hate everyone.

I'm still contributing.
Panda Paws

« Reply #196 on: Monday, January 22, 2018, 16:45:36 »

I don't hate anyone, certainly not the trust. I just can't be bothered to give them £10 a month for another 18 months.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: Monday, January 22, 2018, 16:58:00 »

we hate everyone.

I'm still contributing.

Think it will be a bit easier to get people mobilised when the realisation of what is at stake here kicks in.... may be too late then, mind.

Nobody has yet answered my question as to whether Power qualifies under the Community Asset rule, in the same way the Trust must do.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: Monday, January 22, 2018, 18:23:04 »

Think it will be a bit easier to get people mobilised when the realisation of what is at stake here kicks in.... may be too late then, mind.

Nobody has yet answered my question as to whether Power qualifies under the Community Asset rule, in the same way the Trust must do.

He could get creative, but generally speaking NO:

Voluntary or community bodies

5.—(1) For the purposes of section 89(2)(b)(iii) of the Act, but subject to paragraph (2), “a voluntary or community body” means—

(a)a body designated as a neighbourhood forum pursuant to section 61F of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990(1);

(b)a parish council;

(c)an unincorporated body—

(i)whose members include at least 21 individuals, and

(ii)which does not distribute any surplus it makes to its members;

(d)a charity;

(e)a company limited by guarantee which does not distribute any surplus it makes to its members;

(f)an industrial and provident society which does not distribute any surplus it makes to its members; or

(g)a community interest company(2).

(2) A public or local authority may not be a voluntary or community body, but this does not apply to a parish council.

(3) In this regulation “industrial and provident society” means a body registered or deemed to be registered under the Industrial and Provident Societies Act 1965(3) which meets one of the conditions in section 1 of that Act
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: Monday, January 22, 2018, 18:43:52 »

(e)a company limited by guarantee which does not distribute any surplus it makes to its members;

Surely Power, right there.  In the guise of STFC....
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: Monday, January 22, 2018, 19:43:31 »

(a)a body designated as a neighbourhood forum pursuant to section 61F of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990(1);

TEF?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: Monday, January 22, 2018, 19:46:28 »

TEF?

Horlock...
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: Monday, January 22, 2018, 21:19:52 »

Here’s a thought or two to ponder.

As it stands I started watching the town in the early 70’s and we were in Div 3. Forty odd years later we’re in Div 4 so not much has changed other than a tower of terrors type ride over the years flirting with the premier league once and Div 4 three times.

So now that there seems to be some real substance to someone other than the council owning the ground would you settle for the next forty years being the same as the last with let’s say the trust or a skint owner running the show and pretty much nothing changing with the ground. Or. An international foreign owner making a real fist of it and developing a mega stadium and supporting infrastructure with us stagnant at the foot of the premier league and yoyoing between there and the championship?

I do not in my wildest dreams think we will ever, ever have the financial clout of the top six in the premier league to make a challenge on even Europe.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: Monday, January 22, 2018, 22:18:33 »

Don’t think the 2nd option would feel like my club but I suppose I’d be happy to give it a go and see
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: Tuesday, January 23, 2018, 09:54:59 »

So now that there seems to be some real substance to someone other than the council owning the ground would you settle for the next forty years being the same as the last with let’s say the trust or a skint owner running the show and pretty much nothing changing with the ground. Or. An international foreign owner making a real fist of it and developing a mega stadium and supporting infrastructure with us stagnant at the foot of the premier league and yoyoing between there and the championship?
That's not an either or though is it? We're just as likely to stagnate (or even completely implode) with foreign owners as we are with domestic (Birmingham, Sunderland, Portsmouth, Blackburn, Rovers etc etc). Equally, Swansea show that a Trust-based model can take you to the top (and Stockport shows it can implode too)
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: Tuesday, January 23, 2018, 09:59:03 »

No brainer. The country of origin of the investment isnt the issue. It’s the credibility, experience and objective of the investor. I’d take a credible investor who wants to grow a football club every single time over an investor who can’t progress what we have - whether that is the Trust, Axis, or anybody else. The two Bristol clubs are a great case study - one has investment that has worked, one has a group of well-intentioned, but underfunded “local” investors. I’d rather be City than Rovers. I’m intrigued to see who the Trust’s third party investors are - I completely understand why it’s being kept confidential, but for the fans to have a view on which is the better future for the club, there needs to be two transparent blueprints set out (particularly who is involved, what they bring (experience wise and financially) and their ultimate objective. Until then, it all feels a bit Bill Power/Terry Brady/McCrory/Spaniards and Rufus Brevett/Diamandis and Co....

« Last Edit: Tuesday, January 23, 2018, 10:01:13 by Frigby Daser » Logged
Flashheart

« Reply #206 on: Tuesday, January 23, 2018, 10:09:19 »

The trust doesn't inspire me. It never has. It's not just the current or past personnel, the concept in itself does nothing for me. It seems to be shrouded in romanticism but no real umph.

The identity of this mysterious 3rd party might (or might not) change that, though. As noted already, however, I understand why they can't be revealed just yet.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: Tuesday, January 23, 2018, 10:16:22 »

The trust doesn't inspire me. It never has. It's not just the current or past personnel, the concept in itself does nothing for me. It seems to be shrouded in romanticism but no real umph.

The identity of this mysterious 3rd party might (or might not) change that, though. As noted already, however, I understand why they can't be revealed just yet.

Well put. I almost see a Trust as an “owner of last resort” option - the “nobody else wants us, so we’ll do what we can to keep the club afloat.” If there are funds behind the latest incarnation of the Trust that make them something other than this - great - but otherwise, I’d rather someone with three tools for the job does it - and this comes from someone who wore an orange hat, sat in the Trust meetings at the GW and was one of 15-20 voices at the back of the Arkells in darker days.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: Tuesday, January 23, 2018, 10:33:13 »

The two Bristol clubs are a great case study - one has investment that has worked, one has a group of well-intentioned, but underfunded “local” investors.
Rovers are now owned by an allegedly wealthy Middle Eastern consortium. No substantial progress over the local investors has been seen as a result, although there's been a lot of talk
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #209 on: Tuesday, January 23, 2018, 10:42:15 »

Rovers are now owned by an allegedly wealthy Middle Eastern consortium. No substantial progress over the local investors has been seen as a result, although there's been a lot of talk
Talking of which, sob story from DC about salary caps.

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/darrell-clarke-bristol-rovers-transfers-1098855

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: