Poll
Question: How often do you attend games?
All of them / As many as I can
I pick and choose a few each season
I don't go
My cat's name is mittens
I still go but I fucking hate it

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Do you still go to games?  (Read 9530 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #30 on: Wednesday, January 17, 2018, 10:00:14 »

I go when I am in the area and will pick a few games home (240 mile round trip) and away to go to but with my health I prefer at the moment to watch on iFollow from Holland or the USA.

I went on Saturday, it was cold and a bit shit but we won and at the moment thats all that matters.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Wednesday, January 17, 2018, 10:13:12 »

Had a season ticket from the age of about 6 until the Di Canio season, but have been picking and choosing since. I tend to end up going to most home games and the odd away game.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Wednesday, January 17, 2018, 10:39:20 »

Have a season ticket, get to most home games, but usually miss midweek games as my lad has training on a Tuesday evening so that takes priority. Struggle to get to away games, again because my lad plays Saturday morning.

I go and will continue to go, because like CS said, it's what I do and because I like the fellas we sit with but it quite often feels more like an obligation than anything. I've quite enjoyed the "Rockin Robin attempts to decapitate local teens as they slide around on the pitch in trainers" at half time thing though. I'm sure it will get better once we've slogged our way out of League 2 and can resume setting League 1 alight with the "Swindon Way" Smiley
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Wednesday, January 17, 2018, 10:48:08 »

Rockin Robin still do his stuff? The robinettes too?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Wednesday, January 17, 2018, 10:51:50 »

Rockin Robin still do his stuff? The robinettes too?
Pervert
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Wednesday, January 17, 2018, 12:06:10 »

Go to several home games a season.  We're just over an hour from Swindon, so it's a good distance for a 'day out'.  The boys (aged 9 & 8 ) still seem to love it, although I do wonder whether they're sometimes just humouring their Dad...having been made well aware by all their Chelsea/Arsenal-supporting pals at school that Swindon are rubbish.  Both had Town shirts for Christmas and both still keen without being obsessive.  The challenge will be to keep it going.  Not the easiest task when recent history has been as threadbare as ours.

I've even started taking them to the odd away game.  We've been to two this season, and won both 3-0 (at Luton & PV).
Panda Paws

« Reply #36 on: Wednesday, January 17, 2018, 12:12:44 »

Still go as and when I can - mostly away games in London/South East.

Also I actually do have a cat called Mitten. No s though, which is important according to my wife.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, January 17, 2018, 12:38:29 by Panda Paws » Logged
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Wednesday, January 17, 2018, 12:25:43 »

Not set foot in the 'Theatre of Misery' this century, but try to get to 1-2 away games in 'norvern shitholes' ((c) R Smeaton/D Trump) each season if I can, although not this season due to the weather and the ficture computer!

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Wednesday, January 17, 2018, 12:31:23 »

I don't go anymore. Have no desire to return. I wouldn't call myself a fan either, as if you live in the same town as your team and don't go you're not a fan in my opinion. I like to remember the good times and follow the results-news etc but don't have much interest really.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, January 17, 2018, 12:34:09 by Arriba » Logged
normy

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Wednesday, January 17, 2018, 12:35:13 »

Go to all the home games with a season ticket, but not away games.

ust be the oldest
stfcjack

The Swindon lot don't seem to respect you

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Wednesday, January 17, 2018, 12:39:09 »

My grandad hasn't missed a home game out of choice since the late 50s, started taking me as a young lad, gave me the bug and have had a season ticket for the last 13 years or so, the footballs crap at the moment but I still enjoy going on a Saturday and can't see that changing any time soon   
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #41 on: Wednesday, January 17, 2018, 12:45:36 »

My grandad hasn't missed a home game out of choice since the late 50s
My dad hasn't missed a home game in 8 years ignoring the fact that his ashes are buried 4 foot under the goal stanchion at the Town End Wink

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Wednesday, January 17, 2018, 13:24:13 »

I still go, got some mad woman by the name of stfcbird who has decided to sit next to me 👀
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Wednesday, January 17, 2018, 14:13:49 »

Had a season ticket for years and stopped when do canio joined for much publicised reasons. Have only been to the theatre of meh once since for the whits day.

Go away here and there. Been to Luton and Crewe this year both 3-0 so maybe you should club together and pay for me to go more often. Might be at Stevenage
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Wednesday, January 17, 2018, 14:14:40 »

I've never lived in Swindon so since moving back to the UK from Luxembourg I pick and choose the games. I did have 1 season where I bought a ST, but the train costs from London to Swindon most weekends added up and I have more important things to spend my hard earned on.

I do enjoy meeting up with my dad pre-game for lunch and the football is generally a non-event. But I have got to the stage in my life where I am not actually that bothered if Swindon lose anymore. It used to ruin my evenings but nowadays by the time I step out at Paddington, its been completely forgotten.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: