Poll
Question: How often do you attend games?
All of them / As many as I can
I pick and choose a few each season
I don't go
My cat's name is mittens
I still go but I fucking hate it

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Do you still go to games?  (Read 9529 times)
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, January 16, 2018, 19:30:08 »

When I came back in 2007 I started going as regularly as I could (fitting in around a freelance job) this usually meant a lot at the start of the season, a couple in oct to dec, all of them after christmas and during Jan and then as and when until the end of the season.  

This year Ive been 3 times.  Exeter, Newport and Luton.  Ive had the chance to go more but its not as appealing as it has been.  Its pretty poor at home.  Bad football.  Im sure the excitement will re-appear at some point.

Never knowingly overstated.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, January 16, 2018, 19:52:34 »

I have a season ticket with my lads.

it used to be inconceivable to not go at every opportunity, but I certainly see I may not have continued to turn up last year had it not been for the boys.

oddly, this year I've enjoyed it more even though the quality of football is piss poor. guess it's because we have a fair chance of winning - though it's not worked out that way at home.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, January 16, 2018, 19:53:28 »

I added a new option
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, January 16, 2018, 20:26:05 »

I added a new option

👍🏼

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
A Gent Orange

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, January 16, 2018, 21:12:41 »

Still have a season ticket and go but dubious if I’ll continue if we are still in this division playing this football next season.
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, January 16, 2018, 21:14:45 »

Season ticket holder. On-field stuff doesn't influence my decision about renewing.
Three away games so far this season (I used to go to most pre-parenthood).
One cat.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday, January 16, 2018, 21:45:08 »

I go to as many at home as I can but it's just as much a day on the piss with the lads as the football...that's the glue.

Done most at home and Yeovil...plan to do Wycombe and Stevenage away as I can wangle it with work.

Maybe even Cov this Saturday.

Clems Army!
cheltred69

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday, January 16, 2018, 22:08:12 »

Selected first option because it's true but so is the last one. League 2 football is not enjoyable most of the time but I feel a compulsion to go. Poor home form has persuaded me to abandon plans to attend 3 away games this season, Luton, Mansfield and Crewe and there's a pattern emerging there. Will be definitely be at Cov and Lincoln though.
Not that Nice If I'm Honest

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday, January 16, 2018, 22:19:34 »

I go to as many at home as I can but it's just as much a day on the piss with the lads as the football...that's the glue.

Done most at home and Yeovil...plan to do Wycombe and Stevenage away as I can wangle it with work.

Maybe even Cov this Saturday.

Might see you at St Evenage then Flash ?
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday, January 16, 2018, 22:20:07 »

Season ticket holder. On-field stuff doesn't influence my decision about renewing.
Three away games so far this season (I used to go to most pre-parenthood).
One cat.

Same as me really. Except I've got a dog. And I'm not a parent.

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Pax Romana

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday, January 16, 2018, 22:22:37 »

Still have a season ticket but probably only go to 10 games at most due to a combination of still playing on Saturdays and not really enjoying watching us this season.

Still will renew every year as had the same seat since the DRS opened and just see it as doing my bit even if I don’t go.

Much the same as this apart from my playing days being long gone.  I keep the season ticket partly out of loyalty/supporting the club and partly because on the rare occasions when I go I still get to sit with my mates without any hassle.

Wife has a dog.  
Shizzle

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday, January 16, 2018, 22:46:25 »

I’d not been to a game all season for various reasons until the opportunity arose on Boxing Day. What a game to pick, hey. My 3 year old twin girls do ask if they can go to watch “Red Army”  as they are known in our house, they have no idea how bored they’d be. I’ll wait to try on a warmer late spring day. I imagine we’ll last about 15 minutes  Cheesy
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday, January 16, 2018, 23:34:17 »

Might see you at St Evenage then Flash ?

Indeed...although I don't want another fucking parking ticket again...company sorted in the end.

Clems Army!
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #28 on: Wednesday, January 17, 2018, 08:33:53 »

I still go all home games bar the JPT abomination. Been 2 way. Will do another couple before season ends. Despite the football being crap I'm enjoying it more than last season which I still can't believe was allowed to happen. Saying that last season was the pits in over 40 years of watching. Even Beamish side had some fight, they were just crap.
I will keep going whether we get promoted or not and whether the style of football remains. Its what I do.
My kids have a rabbit, was 2 but 1 died last year.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday, January 17, 2018, 09:34:13 »

Used to have a ST but now only go 2/3/4 games a season.  Lost my Mojo about 3 or 4 years ago and it is yet to come back.  I think it was around the time the club stopped communicating, even though many on here said that nothing had changed.  It has got better since but I am still very much Meh.  I still listen to games, when I can, and keep up to date with the news, still the first result I look for, but fear I will never get my previous mojo back..

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: