Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: How long you been a TEFer?  (Read 16692 times)
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Saturday, January 13, 2018, 11:11:56 »

Whits started it, and his account was registered in April 2006. So about then.

*Edit: The earliest accounts (including Whit's) were created on 13-4-2006. Except for Barry's which was in 1972... 
Didn't we move providers then?

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Flashheart

« Reply #16 on: Saturday, January 13, 2018, 11:16:20 »

Digging deeper... Whit's first post was on December 6, 2004, so that was probably it.
Flashheart

« Reply #17 on: Saturday, January 13, 2018, 11:27:52 »

On eve further investigation, this was posted by Dazzzza on that day:
How do chaps?

Basically the problems with the site going down looked to because of the forum software.

Rather than persevere with it I have kicked it into touch and gone for what looks to be a much more reliable and feature packed effort recommended by SY.

Unfortunately that means all has been lost from the old forum including usernames so everyone is going to have to re-register.  One bonus is that registration actually works with this version.

Couple of nice extra features on here.  You can send messages to other users via the forum that can be read the next time the recipient logs on.  There is also an instant messenger feature so you can talk to other users online.

Still a bit of tinkering to do but everything should be up and running by Monday morning in time for work. 

In the mean time any suggestions, problems and the like bang a new topic in and I'll get it sorted.

Cheers

Dazzza

So TEF will be older than that, and I don't know if more info is available.

DSI Flashheart out.
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Saturday, January 13, 2018, 11:30:30 »

I joined in 2005. I was 27. I'm now 40. That's depressing.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Saturday, January 13, 2018, 11:38:09 »

There are some who go back to the days of MyOnlySwindon on the old Rivals site, who migrated out of necessity to ThisisSwindon.

When that degenerated, a collective decision was taken to set up this place.  As the links between club and fans have fractured, it is in things like the TEF, that the true spirit of STFC resides. Long may it last  Pint
Amir

« Reply #20 on: Saturday, January 13, 2018, 11:51:38 »

Now we just need someone to tell us about the fannyforum and stfc mailing list, and the history of the Internet has been written. Except for all the bits flasheart is confused about Grin
Barry Scott

« Reply #21 on: Saturday, January 13, 2018, 12:05:32 »

Whits started it, and his account was registered in April 2006. So about then.

*Edit: The earliest accounts (including Whit's) were created on 13-4-2006. Except for Barry's which was in 1972... 

Finally someone caught my change on registration date. Too Cool

Most were April 2006 when Dazza first set this up. I was one of those originals, but then setup a newer angrier account which I’ve now kept.
Barry Scott

« Reply #22 on: Saturday, January 13, 2018, 12:09:25 »

On eve further investigation, this was posted by Dazzzza on that day:
So TEF will be older than that, and I don't know if more info is available.

DSI Flashheart out.

When Dazza first went live he set it up on the same forum software as the original thisis and then migrated it all to phpbb. By recollection there wasn’t a huge amount of time between the switch.

If I had my computer I’d just query the database and be able to get all the dates, but I don’t have this database on my phone.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Saturday, January 13, 2018, 12:10:57 »

Digging deeper... Whit's first post was on December 6, 2004, so that was probably it.
My 14th birthday  Cheesy
I think I joined in 2005, I wasn’t called Quagmire back then.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Saturday, January 13, 2018, 12:29:33 »

Fuck knows. Arrived with Reg, Pets (Ardiles?) and SuttonRed/KR/Riddle/Leroy/godknowshowmanyaliases from MOS .
« Last Edit: Saturday, January 13, 2018, 12:35:28 by Batch » Logged
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Saturday, January 13, 2018, 12:33:09 »

Now we just need someone to tell us about the fannyforum and stfc mailing list, and the history of the Internet has been written. Except for all the bits flasheart is confused about Grin

Aaaah the mailing list. Joined the around 1995/96. Is Leigh Collett still around Swindon/watching/on here?

Majordomo
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Saturday, January 13, 2018, 13:03:34 »

A long time ago, back when I had a season ticket, and Town's results affected my mood for the rest of the day. Now, they barely register. Sad to admit it, the fuckwittery around the ownership of the club has kinda killed my football buzz.

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Saturday, January 13, 2018, 13:33:12 »

It’s quite difficult to place.

I joined thisisstfc at the start of our Andy King play off season. It might have actually been after the Sheffield Wednesday game.

I remember still being in there come the actual play offs.
The following season I started going to away games with Whits and Sonicyouth, which must have been after the TEF started.

So, it’s somewhere between May and September 04.

I think the forum has gone downhill certainly with regards to football chatter but with Twitter and Facebook taking over from forums we don’t really have a ‘new’ or ‘younger’ generation...and those of us that signed up in our late teens/early 20s have mostly become responsible adults with partners, wives, children, mortgages and so on....and I expect many of us no longer go.

I reckon it’s got to close to 6 years since I last attended a match.
*just checked. It’ll be 5 years next month.
« Last Edit: Saturday, January 13, 2018, 13:36:46 by DV Canio » Logged
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Saturday, January 13, 2018, 13:34:33 »

....add to that, the club is shit and so is the football.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Saturday, January 13, 2018, 15:52:19 »

The site was up in 2004.

https://web.archive.org/web/20041207232720/http://thetownend.com:80/forum/index.php

I migrated from thisisstfc when it turned to shit.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: