Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coventry  (Read 18195 times)
Panda Paws

« on: Wednesday, January 3, 2018, 17:07:39 »

Train tickets from London currently 」18.00 return for this (to Coventry Arena via Coventry). Beers
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I知 A Scientist.

« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, January 3, 2018, 17:14:25 »

Train tickets from London currently 」18.00 return for this (to Coventry Arena via Coventry). Beers
Have they started to run trains back from Coventry Arena straight after the game yet? last time I got the train up there were no return trains for well over an hour after the match.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Panda Paws

« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, January 3, 2018, 17:17:03 »

Have they started to run trains back from Coventry Arena straight after the game yet? last time I got the train up there were no return trains for well over an hour after the match.

Seems to be one at 1721, and one at 1749 to Nuneaton to pick up a WM Trains service back to Euston too.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, January 3, 2018, 17:22:52 »

Seems to be one at 1721, and one at 1749 to Nuneaton to pick up a WM Trains service back to Euston too.
Thats better than it used to be, defeats the point of a station there if you can't get trains back after a match as they lay them on after the egg chasing matches there.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, January 3, 2018, 17:25:40 »

driving through Cov on way back from York. I have clearance to go!!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, January 3, 2018, 17:30:26 »

Ooh this could be exciting, game's not for another 2.5 weeks and we could get all sorts of talk about train timetables  Smiley

I seem to remember a railway line, right near the Ricoh when I went season before last.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, January 3, 2018, 17:37:25 »

I seem to remember a railway line, right near the Ricoh when I went season before last.
Its the Coventry to Nuneaton line Wink

Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, January 3, 2018, 18:12:17 »

Thats better than it used to be, defeats the point of a station there if you can't get trains back after a match as they lay them on after the egg chasing matches there.

If I remember correctly from when we were there a few seasons ago, they cited potential overcrowding as the reason for not running trains between Coventry Arena & Coventry - until after the crowds had dispersed.  So they could run trains for events (such as the rugby) where the crowds were not as large - but not for CCFC games.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, January 3, 2018, 18:36:47 »

If I remember correctly from when we were there a few seasons ago, they cited potential overcrowding as the reason for not running trains between Coventry Arena & Coventry - until after the crowds had dispersed.  So they could run trains for events (such as the rugby) where the crowds were not as large - but not for CCFC games.
Quite ironic really as Wasps average 18k and have had a few 30k+ crowds recently.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, January 3, 2018, 18:40:40 by Peter Venkman » Logged

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, January 3, 2018, 18:43:09 »

I bought my train tickets earlier this week. Only to Coventry though, didn稚 realise the arena station was working!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, January 3, 2018, 18:53:22 »

I bought my train tickets earlier this week. Only to Coventry though, didn稚 realise the arena station was working!
Cov to Cov Arena is 」2.40 return, about 6 mins on the train but half hours walk!

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, January 3, 2018, 19:15:02 »

Cov to Cov Arena is 」2.40 return, about 6 mins on the train but half hours walk!

Cheers JJ. We got a bus last season and it took forever (think we got the wrong one to boot!)

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Not that Nice If I'm Honest

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, January 3, 2018, 21:36:33 »

Quite ironic really as Wasps average 18k and have had a few 30k+ crowds recently.

But they behave a lot better
Peter Venkman

« Reply #13 on: Thursday, January 4, 2018, 08:49:16 »

But they behave a lot better
In the main.

https://www.joe.co.uk/sport/welsh-police-rant-about-nightmare-rugby-fans-being-worse-than-football-supporters-42765

Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Friday, January 5, 2018, 10:07:40 »

I normally park at a hotel about a 10 mins walk from the stadium when I go to Cov. Last time I went the whole squad was in there so looked a bit stalkerish. Ross Embleton came and had a chat with us and seemed like a genuinely nice bloke.... If only I'd known....
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: