Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Dentists  (Read 1779 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« on: Wednesday, January 3, 2018, 14:05:11 »

Does anyone on here know anything about how dentists and referrals to hospital work.

I ask as my Father in Law is having all manner of problems with his wisdom teeth, this has been going on for months and the dentist keeps fucking about with them they don't get better but he has to pay a fortune each time for the unsuccessful work to be done, it has now reached the stage that they are suggesting that they try and extract one but its going to a) cost a fortune again and b) he has to sign a disclaimer in case they cause nerve damage and paralyze part of his face during the work.

The above seems odd to me as when I first had issues with mine (considerably less painful than his) my dentist just referred me to the hospital, who after a consultation and x ray whipped them out under a general, the cynic in me wonders if his dentist is taking the piss as they can charge each time they mess about with them whilst once it goes to hospital they get nothing?
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, January 3, 2018, 14:11:31 »

Can he not just contact the hospital directly?
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, January 3, 2018, 14:12:02 »

Can he go to another dentist to get a second opinion?
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, January 3, 2018, 14:13:45 »

Dentists fucked up a root canal on one of my mums teeth, she got 15k in compensation.

Cant stand the places, only go if i have to
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, January 3, 2018, 14:30:00 »

Can he not just contact the hospital directly?

That was kind of the issue I was wondering about..

Can he go to another dentist to get a second opinion?

Can you do that or do you have to re-register with a new dentist - places in dental practices are like rocking horse shit up here.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, January 3, 2018, 14:35:34 »

Had all 4 taken out under general anaesthetic in hospital. Can't remember if I was referred by dentist or doctor. It was many years ago.  Would recommend it. Not nice when you wake up but better than mucking about bit by bit. Might be worth investigating.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, January 3, 2018, 15:12:27 »

The nerve damage disclaimer is standard these days, if it's impacted.  I had my last one out, maybe about 2008 at the Bristol Dental Hospital. Very fit woman doing it, shades of Bill Murray in Little House of Horrors.

Had the anaesthetic, with a shot of adrenalin for some reason. Funny as fuck as I hopped off the chair and went speeding down the corridor  Smiley

Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, January 3, 2018, 15:40:43 »

That was kind of the issue I was wondering about..

Can you do that or do you have to re-register with a new dentist - places in dental practices are like rocking horse shit up here.

You can only register with one NHS dentist, but you can get a checkup from any on NHS as long as they agree to see you.

However, is it a one dentist practice? He could ask to be seen by another in the same one.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: