Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Fat Burning Pills  (Read 6442 times)
Quagmire

Ignore
« on: Monday, January 1, 2018, 22:12:45 »

Has anyone ever used them? I’m doing doing the usual thing after Christmas and trying to lose a bit of weight so wondered if anyone has tried any in particular. Obviously I need to exercise and eat better first and foremost, but wondered if anything could help, even if just a little bit.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Monday, January 1, 2018, 22:18:57 »

sounds like a terrible idea. would you even know what was in them?

change your diet
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Monday, January 1, 2018, 22:20:23 »

Grenades are good, but there are other ways of losing weight. Drink more water, cut down on portion size...

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
woolster

« Reply #3 on: Monday, January 1, 2018, 23:53:55 »

exercise, stay off the booze and it will fall off, fuck diets and pills
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, January 2, 2018, 00:08:23 »

Eat less, move more. Especially eat less shit food
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, January 2, 2018, 07:22:01 »

exercise, stay off the booze and it will fall off, fuck diets and pills
disagree with this in my experience.  exercise plays a relatively small part, especially as its easy to overcompensate by eating more.

as Paul says, portion control + stop eatiing shit (i.e. change your diet).

if you have the self control and log *everything* accurately myfitnesspal can count count calories. it may at least point out the non obvious stuff to avoid..
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, January 2, 2018, 07:51:59 »

MyFitnessPal is great, I use it every day. I've lost two stone since September.
Nutrition/diet is the key to weight loss.
Eat breakfast, reduce your alcohol and sugary foods/drinks.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, January 2, 2018, 08:10:46 »

Cheers for the reply’s chaps. Being on the road a lot for work with no access to microwaves I’ve always found it far to easy to stop in a Greggs/McDonalds type place and grab something hot due to finding sandwiches etc a bit boring.
I’ve just bought a Thermos food flask so will be taking soups & chilli/spag bol for a couple of weeks to see how I get on.
Starting to play squash again tonight too so hoping it starts to fall off.
Flashheart

« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, January 2, 2018, 08:33:41 »

I wouldn't use pills. If they were effective and safe, doctors would surely prescribe them to help fight obesity.

I need to lose my belly. I don't eat that much or that badly, though. I think I need to shift to steaks instead of burgers (already doing that). Wine instead of beer and a substitute for the crisps I have with sandwiches at night. Other than that, there's not much to change.

I'm still going to the gym, and gradually building muscle, so that will help as well.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, January 2, 2018, 09:09:23 »

Once you get into a routine of not eating shit and moving a lot more it's easy. Getting started is the hard part. You'd be amazed at how much fat you burn just from going on a half an hour walk every day as well!
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, January 2, 2018, 09:46:39 »

Limit carbohydrates to <100g per day
Replace with healthy (unsaturated) fats
Drink more water
Cheat day once a week
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, January 2, 2018, 09:50:34 »

Grenades are good, but there are other ways of losing weight. Drink more water, cut down on portion size...

My wife did this towards the end of last year and found she lost weight by simply changing her diet slightly and controlling portions (she bought these portion control pots). She didn't increase her excercise in any way but I think this is great advice.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, January 2, 2018, 09:52:16 »

Once you get into a routine of not eating shit and moving a lot more it's easy. Getting started is the hard part. You'd be amazed at how much fat you burn just from going on a half an hour walk every day as well!

I changed my commute to work so I now have a 35 minute walk in the morning to Sloane Square rather than a 5 minute walk to the local train station. Its great as I get to catch up on podcasts/music etc as well as shift a few pounds. It wakes me up before getting to work as well which is a bonus.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, January 2, 2018, 10:05:53 »

MyFitnessPal is great, I use it every day. I've lost two stone since September.
Nutrition/diet is the key to weight loss.
Eat breakfast, reduce your alcohol and sugary foods/drinks.
Totally agree with this. The biggest problem I have always had is not realising how much I eat in a day.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Flashheart

« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, January 2, 2018, 10:06:49 »

I wouldn't use pills. If they were effective and safe, doctors would surely prescribe them to help fight obesity.

I need to lose my belly. I don't eat that much or that badly, though. I think I need to shift to steaks instead of burgers (already doing that). Wine instead of beer and a substitute for the crisps I have with sandwiches at night. Other than that, there's not much to change.

I'm still going to the gym, and gradually building muscle, so that will help as well.

And moments after typing that, it was decided to go to Burger King. Lots of carb and cholesterol packed goodness. Twas good.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: