Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs Luton Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 43241 times)
sir windon

Ignore
« Reply #210 on: Wednesday, December 27, 2017, 10:36:20 »

It's traditional for a keeper to be awarded player of the season in a crap team. Sympathy vote. I believe there are some footballers of decent character and such a trait is particularly useful in the responsible position of custodian. A good keeper shows leadership qualities by organising the defence and leading by example. 5 shots on target, 5 conceded yesterday, 38 goals conceded in 19 games this season. Shit goalkeeper.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, December 27, 2017, 10:39:12 by sir windon » Logged
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #211 on: Wednesday, December 27, 2017, 10:40:24 »

By that reckoning, would you replace him with another 'shit keeper' who couldn't get a game for Coventry or our third choice 'shit keeper' who spent 4 games on loan at Dunstable and let in a hatful

I come from a land down-under
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: Wednesday, December 27, 2017, 10:54:13 »

It's traditional for a keeper to be awarded player of the season in a crap team. Sympathy vote. I believe there are some footballers of decent character and such a trait is particularly useful in the responsible position of custodian. A good keeper shows leadership qualities by organising the defence and leading by example. 5 shots on target, 5 conceded yesterday, 38 goals conceded in 19 games this season. Shit goalkeeper.
How many directly his fault? Very few and as for yesterday the outfield players just gave up and let their players get into positions where they couldn’t miss. He was actually pretty good last season, people just have short memories and with none of us knowing what went on behind the scenes it’s the new fashionable thinking to read more into things than may or may not exist.
We have a piss poor defensive unit both at defending and with regards to possession, a non existent midfield and a manager devoid of a cohesive game plan.
Don Rogers Sock

« Reply #213 on: Wednesday, December 27, 2017, 10:58:25 »

I have to say a few opposing fans this season have commented how poor Vigs seems to be. I am sat at work now with my luton supporting boss whos first question was is he usually that bad. It's a weird one isn't it as he can clearly be a good keeper but he just doesn't want to be here does he to be fair
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #214 on: Wednesday, December 27, 2017, 10:58:29 »

I don't think vigs attitude has been best.
He's our best keeper though.

regardless, in all honesty I'm not sure what he could have done with the goals yesterday,  they were either brilliant finishes or one on ones.

thought that lob was going in too.

edit: you know drs, I haven't noticed away fans making those comments. interesting. perhaps I have last season's rose tinted glasses on..

one thing I do agree with wondering about, whether his inclusion has upset the applecart
sir windon

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: Wednesday, December 27, 2017, 11:11:53 »

I'd play Charles- Cooke who seems to have a better influence overall.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #216 on: Wednesday, December 27, 2017, 11:24:27 »

I'll be honest. I don't hate Power.

On paper his "total football" method, (or whatever you want to call it) made sense. Bring in some matey loans, try and play a way that attracts them and supplement the team with affordable league 1 players. It was a nice idea. It didn't work, and he was too late acknowledging it admittedly, but I fail to see how it was nefarious.

He got too involved and we wanted him to bring in a manager and let him manage. Now he has stepped back and left it all to the manager. Other than giving him more money (which he's hardly got a lot of in football terms) what else is he supposed to do?

All that said, I'm pissed off. I travel over 100 miles to watch every home game, and I do that regardless of how bad we are. The atmosphere at games is the worst I've ever experienced, and I sometimes think the game itself wouldn't be half as painful on reflection if there wasn't so much gloom around the place.

Something has to change. I just don't know what it is, because unless we get a Lansdown type I just fear we're going to get worse than Power.

Or to quote thisis

🤔

Going onto The Adver BTL and presenting a well reasoned sensible case. What do you expect?  Smiley

It's the downside of buying a season ticket... without, you could easily just go to away games and not bother with the CG. 
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #217 on: Wednesday, December 27, 2017, 11:33:59 »

Vigs hasn't looked great this season, but mainly because we know he can play better because we have seen him do so. So yes, poor attitude, maybe (coupled with shit man-management from Flitcroft), but to leap from that to "shit keeper" is throwing the baby out with the bathwater. Massive overreaction.
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #218 on: Wednesday, December 27, 2017, 11:41:32 »

I'd play Charles- Cooke who seems to have a better influence overall.

welcome to the forum Mrs Charles-Cook

I come from a land down-under
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #219 on: Wednesday, December 27, 2017, 11:54:58 »

Vigs hasn't looked great this season, but mainly because we know he can play better because we have seen him do so. So yes, poor attitude, maybe (coupled with shit man-management from Flitcroft), but to leap from that to "shit keeper" is throwing the baby out with the bathwater. Massive overreaction.

This.  Fundamentally there was no real issue until the 4 match ban.  Can't help but think Flitcroft has actually created the issue by not giving him his place back when tbe ban was completed.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #220 on: Wednesday, December 27, 2017, 12:00:41 »

you just knew as soon as Vigs tweeted 0-7 with laughing smilies that that would come back to haunt him.

I'd get rid of him personally.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #221 on: Wednesday, December 27, 2017, 12:31:07 »

I wish Power would fuck off, it's clearly not working out. On the condition we get a better replacement, of course.

I am not buying into the conspiracy theories though, I think he's just not very good at running a football club. I'll be happy if he proves me wrong though.

I agree, I am not the "get Power out at all costs" but he clearly has no idea about running a club and needs to move on sooner rather than later, he has made a fair few bad decisions in his time with us for sure but are there any viable alternatives....really?

Who in their right minds would want to plough money into a bottom division club at the risk of losing it all with absolutely no gains?

Would a new owner be any better than the previous one? just look at Bristol Rovers for that answer....rumoured to be worth billions yet were only interested in development of the Memorial Ground, when that faded so did their interest in the football side of things.

Are there are interested parties? if so they have not made themselves known as I am 100% certain that if Power could sell the club for more than he bought it for then he would, hes no mug when it comes to money.

There is absolutely no way this man is WANTING to take us down, thats the most stupid argument of all, the lower we go the less chance there is of selling players for a profit or of selling the club for any amount of money really, each division we go down the clubs value is cut also and losing money hurts Power.

Yes get rid of him but to put the club up for sale in the public would immediately lower the asking price which Power will not do, it will attract chancers like Jed who have not the funds to take the club any further than it currently is at.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
overthehill

Ignore
« Reply #222 on: Wednesday, December 27, 2017, 12:31:35 »

Why was Vigs wearing the Luton kit yesterday?
Just asking

When you're smiling.........

Ignore
« Reply #223 on: Wednesday, December 27, 2017, 12:51:25 »

I heard things about flitcroft in the summer which alarmed me and showed he's a bit of a cunt to be blunt, but fans don't care about any of that if results are good - ala Di canio.
All that was lacking from the goals conceded yesterday was the Benny Hill theme tune. Unbelievably bad.
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #224 on: Wednesday, December 27, 2017, 12:54:39 »

Di Canio while similar (essentially a bully) had charisma and infectious media personality, that carried him a long way. Flitcroft is a dull and boring.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: