Poll
Question: Do you think David Flitcroft should be dismissed before the January transfer window if the poor run continues?  (Voting closed: Monday, January 1, 2018, 09:27:14)
Yes - 71 (62.8%)
No - 42 (37.2%)
Total Voters: 100

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: David Flitcroft: Yes or No  (Read 59303 times)
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: Monday, April 23, 2018, 17:14:44 »

When Brown took over I thought he was walking into a thankless task, and couldn’t be too harshly judged whatever happened.

Now that Whatever could happen has happened, his ‘achievements’ have made me change my assessment.

He took over a functional side that played god awful football but knew how to win enough games to stay relevant. He’s shown no nouse whatsoever, tried to revolutionise something when any idiot could have told you there was no time or materials to revolutionise, and shown no sign of a plan or ability to change approach to fit the needs.

A lot of that is, obviously, because he took over in March. Which is fair enough. But a good manager would be able to mound something out of these players, or at least keep them on the same track. To come in, tell them to keep doing what they’re doing, and prod them when they don’t. We’d have still been in the play offs had flitcroft stayed, on pure familiarity of system alone.

And yes, Brown may well fare better with his own squad (he can’t do much fucking worse). But his inability to arrest a slide, an inability to do the blindingly obvious in the past however many games it’s been, an inability to own up rather than blame the players - gives me very little confidence that he’d be able to arrest a slide with an ease if he were full time manager.

I wouldn’t be upset if Power said thanks-but-no-thanks and we looked elsewhere

Things get better but they never get good
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: Monday, April 23, 2018, 17:56:33 »

When Brown took over I thought he was walking into a thankless task, and couldn’t be too harshly judged whatever happened.

Now that Whatever could happen has happened, his ‘achievements’ have made me change my assessment.

He took over a functional side that played god awful football but knew how to win enough games to stay relevant. He’s shown no nouse whatsoever, tried to revolutionise something when any idiot could have told you there was no time or materials to revolutionise, and shown no sign of a plan or ability to change approach to fit the needs.

A lot of that is, obviously, because he took over in March. Which is fair enough. But a good manager would be able to mound something out of these players, or at least keep them on the same track. To come in, tell them to keep doing what they’re doing, and prod them when they don’t. We’d have still been in the play offs had flitcroft stayed, on pure familiarity of system alone.

And yes, Brown may well fare better with his own squad (he can’t do much fucking worse). But his inability to arrest a slide, an inability to do the blindingly obvious in the past however many games it’s been, an inability to own up rather than blame the players - gives me very little confidence that he’d be able to arrest a slide with an ease if he were full time manager.

By the sounds of things BD, you've thrown your hat in the ring. You're a sly one.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: Monday, April 23, 2018, 18:08:08 »

IMHO I can see where you are coming from and some of me kind of wants to in part agree. However, for me the wheels were coming off and Flipflop saw this coming and flipped off. I suspect LP saw this too and helped him pack his bags and bought him a coffee and doughnut for his journey north pretty pronto. The pivitol game for me was the 3-0 defeat against Nam when of all people you’d bank on to get a positive result in terms of a point or three and an inspirational performance from them as interim manager was Matty Taylor who on the day was badly let down by his team mates. One would think, well I fucking do, that they’d die for him to get a result and prove a point to Flipflop, Power and any prospective manager looking from the stands. They didn’t or couldn’t. From there the die was cast and it was cast on many levels. From dressing room disunity to an abject inability, collectively and personally to dig out a result. I’m sorry Dave even a top manager like Wenger and his backroom staff couldn’t have arrested our decline to where we will eventually finish, the numbers do not lie.

As I posted yesterday, the buck stops with Power. It is up to him to sort it out or sell up and fuck off. Sadly it will be the former and the lingering death of your favourite dog will go on a bit longer. Not least because he now sees a shilling or five from the purchase of the ground and a fcuking g huge wedge from Flinty. As johnritsons toupe posted, the trust may have played into his hands by announcing their intention to buy the ground themselves.
« Last Edit: Monday, April 23, 2018, 19:28:11 by Legends-Lounge » Logged
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: Monday, April 23, 2018, 18:11:51 »

But again, is part of it an age thing.... due to the fixture computer and weather I have not had to endure watching the team once this season, but with a kid and other commitments I have to confess I have got extremely meh about football completely over the last couple of years anyway.
It's a sad state of affairs that your kid's not demanding you take him to the games whether you're meh or not. Power sucking out all pride and pleasure.
Flashheart

« Reply #154 on: Saturday, May 5, 2018, 20:16:35 »

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: Saturday, May 5, 2018, 20:23:20 »

He's a card, isn't he?
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: Saturday, May 5, 2018, 20:25:32 »

He's a card, isn't he?
Ace?
Flashheart

« Reply #157 on: Saturday, May 5, 2018, 20:30:54 »

Luke Willams could tick a few of those boxes. Or at least you could see that he was trying to.

I don't see how Flitcroft could tick a single one.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: Saturday, May 5, 2018, 20:44:16 »

Flitcroft confirmed to stay in charge next season, armed with a sizeable budget.

Well, that’s one club we won’t have to worry about next season.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: Saturday, May 5, 2018, 20:59:56 »

He really is a bullshitting cunt of the highest order.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: Saturday, May 5, 2018, 21:10:23 »

Think I'll bookmark stagsnet for next season 
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: Saturday, May 5, 2018, 21:31:36 »

Ace?

Ace hole?

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
ferret

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: Sunday, May 6, 2018, 05:58:24 »

Mansfield have got a worse points per game record under Flitcroft than we’ve got under Brown. They were 2 points off the automatics when he went in, and, 12 games later, they’re not even within 2 points of the playoffs. It’s pathetic. And the best he can do is argue that the team which he inherited is not a ‘Dave Flitcroft’ team. Well, I suppose he’s right about that.

Somehow, there are people on here who still don’t get why we laboured through much of the season. It’s not because we’re destined for eternal years of misery and despair in non-league. It’s because our manager didn’t have a fucking clue.
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: Sunday, May 6, 2018, 07:16:09 »

Ace hole?
Pretty much.

My Mansfield supporting mate called it a while back when he said the final positions that are now confirmed would be exactly as they are are. Yet when we were sat together at Mansfield in their main stand with me fighting to keep myself in check he said pretty much “you’re going up if you can play like that for most of the season, you’ve done a number on us big time” or words to that effect. Except we could not and we have not. At least he now knows why I was ambivalent about Flipflop going.

Interestingly, now Flipflop has nailed his colours to the mast for next season with all the guff he is good at, he has in effect given himself probably till just before or just after Christmas in employment unless his team are well cemented in the top three. IMHO.
ferret

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: Sunday, May 6, 2018, 08:17:51 »

The one that will always stick in my throat is Wycombe away. We went there for a big game, with automatic promotion still feasible. We’d played Lincoln, Accrington and Mansfield (back in the days when they were quite good) inside the previous 10 days, so it was obvious that a bit of common sense would be needed.

Indeed, we were flagging after 70 but, no problem, he could’ve done all sorts of things... Mullin on for Norris or Richards to give us some legs and a nose for goal, Dunne on for Elsnik to shore up midfield, Ellis to give us some energy - anything. He just stood there with his fucking arms folded, probably dreaming up a fancy word to roll out in his post-match interview as the game slipped further and further out of our grasp.

We eventually inevitably conceded, and that was the turning point of the season. We’ve only won 3 games since.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: