Poll
Question: Do you think David Flitcroft should be dismissed before the January transfer window if the poor run continues?  (Voting closed: Monday, January 1, 2018, 09:27:14)
Yes - 71 (62.8%)
No - 42 (37.2%)
Total Voters: 100

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: David Flitcroft: Yes or No  (Read 59298 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: Monday, April 23, 2018, 09:25:47 »

Does anyone know how many ST holders we had during this current season?

Surely next season is going to be down in numbers again?

I have to say I totally know where Jayo is coming from. I used to be excited to get the train to Swindon for the game. Now its just a hassle! I do hope the magic will return but I fear that may be a long way off unfortunately.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: Monday, April 23, 2018, 09:30:29 »

Even when we were winning, I've absolutely hated this season. None of my lot have renewed this year and I'm on my 13th consecutive season ticket. Sad, but I just don't enjoy going to football any more.

If you don't enjoy it stop going.  It's not compulsory.  You're not the first and won't be the last.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: Monday, April 23, 2018, 09:37:46 »

I was surprised at how well crowds have held up this season, given last season.

I think the renewal window fell at the right time this year. We were still in with a strong shout of promotion.

So I'm optimistic next year won't be as down as we fear. though I've certainly seen a fair few non renewal posts about.
----------------
giving up after 13 years isn't an easy decision to make, you always hope the fun will come back. Want to be there if it does.

Any way, not sure he didn't mean he hasn't renewed too
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: Monday, April 23, 2018, 09:43:31 »

But again, is part of it an age thing.... due to the fixture computer and weather I have not had to endure watching the team once this season, but with a kid and other commitments I have to confess I have got extremely meh about football completely over the last couple of years anyway.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: Monday, April 23, 2018, 09:45:00 »

Fresh start next season. I actually think we'll get promoted next year. I've got nothing to base it on, more of a hunch.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #140 on: Monday, April 23, 2018, 09:46:45 »

If you don't enjoy it stop going.  It's not compulsory.  You're not the first and won't be the last.

I have.
Flashheart

« Reply #141 on: Monday, April 23, 2018, 09:48:41 »

I wouldn't buy one.

Not in the context of a 'power out' protest, but in a 'fuck, this is boring' context. I wasn't even willing to pay a fiver to watch/listen (in part due to iFollow being a bunch of cunts). The first opportunity I have had for years to actually watch us throughout the season, and after a few games I just gave up. That also makes me quite angry when I think about it. My Saturday evenings were being taken up by something so turgid that it was soul destroying, so I just started going to the pub instead.

Power needs to inject some fun into it.

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: Monday, April 23, 2018, 10:00:10 »

It always amuses me how often I meet people in Swidon pubs, who say things like I used to go every week, but now I'm Man United/ Arsenal/Chelsea etc There's even a few starting to discover long lost Man City roots.... you know the sort of thing, my grandpa told me about Bert Trautmann in the 56 Cup Final and there's a  film about.
Pax Romana

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: Monday, April 23, 2018, 10:29:31 »

It always amuses me how often I meet people in Swidon pubs, who say things like I used to go every week, but now I'm Man United/ Arsenal/Chelsea etc There's even a few starting to discover long lost Man City roots.... you know the sort of thing, my grandpa told me about Bert Trautmann in the 56 Cup Final and there's a  film about.

I understand your frustration; people are often disingenuous about their reasons for stopping watching Swindon, but I completely get where Jayo is coming from. 

I still have a fondness and a passion (of sorts) for the club but I get bored watching them these days.  Only reason I renew each year is out of loyalty and the memory for the great years I spent following them around the country.  I think I've been to 5 games this season.   I'm only going to Accrington game because we're out for night afterwards and living out of town I only get to do that occasionally.  If I make it past half-time at the game I'll be pleasantly surprised.   

Renewed again but I doubt if I'll go to more next year even if they walk the league.  I think it's an age thing, you acquire other interests.

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: Monday, April 23, 2018, 11:50:40 »

Am I right in thinking our results are as bad if not worse since Flitcroft's departure?
Flashheart

« Reply #145 on: Monday, April 23, 2018, 11:56:58 »

Am I right in thinking our results are as bad if not worse since Flitcroft's departure?

Yes, you are right.

It may be a tad harsh to judge Brown in it, but it's hardly inspiring.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: Monday, April 23, 2018, 12:06:44 »

Fresh start next season. 'll get promoted next year. I've got nothing to base it on, more of a hunch.
What - like we did this season ?.   Please? Please? Oops

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: Monday, April 23, 2018, 12:12:11 »

They may well be,  but Flitcroft assembled his own squad,  Brown never had that privilege,  as the saying goes - you can't polish a turd.
If he's still here at the end of next season that will be the time to judge him.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: Monday, April 23, 2018, 12:17:17 »

They may well be,  but Flitcroft assembled his own squad,  Brown never had that privilege,  as the saying goes - you can't polish a turd.

But you can roll it in hundreds and thousands.....
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: Monday, April 23, 2018, 12:22:15 »

It's called retiring to the armchair.  Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: