Poll
Question: Do you think David Flitcroft should be dismissed before the January transfer window if the poor run continues?  (Voting closed: Monday, January 1, 2018, 09:27:14)
Yes - 71 (62.8%)
No - 42 (37.2%)
Total Voters: 100

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: David Flitcroft: Yes or No  (Read 59295 times)
Panda Paws

« Reply #105 on: Tuesday, February 6, 2018, 10:03:30 »

I really don't understand why some people are not on board with DF, seemingly irrelevant of results. What would he have to do to get unanimous support?

I was very much in the undecided camp in December when we looked like we were slipping right out of contention, but the way we've responded, mostly down to the change in shape but also signings, character... is very impressive and he should be getting more credit.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Tuesday, February 6, 2018, 10:07:45 »

Generally when a fanbase has decided someone is unpopular, it'll never change. Wait for the first dip in form and we'll be hounding him again.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #107 on: Tuesday, February 6, 2018, 10:32:12 »

I think they way the players have responded to the awful defeat to Luton then he deserves a lot of credit, he is not liked by too many Town fans but hes doing an ok/fairly good job.

He makes mistakes with some unusual tactics, playing players out of their natural position and poor substitutions, his man mangement leaves a lot to be desired but we are looking in a (currently) great position to get into the autos or at least the play offs and that was always the target.

He has got players in that are not scared of a fight but at times can play some excellent football, when they are allowed, the quality of this league is really poor but the games are there to be won and at the moment we are winning more than we are drawing and losing, thats all we can ask for really even though many Town fans EXPECT us to walk the league.

He is doing ok, yes after Luton I wanted him out but that because the utter capitualation of our defence when we went a couple of goals down, that seems to have been addressed so fair play to him, he deserves credit.

If we do go back up I have no problem with him being given until at least Christmas to see how we are performing, he has signed some excellent players that play how he wants them to, not that many signings have been terrible so again fair play to him.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Tuesday, February 6, 2018, 10:33:15 »

I really don't understand why some people are not on board with DF, seemingly irrelevant of results. What would he have to do to get unanimous support?

I was very much in the undecided camp in December when we looked like we were slipping right out of contention, but the way we've responded, mostly down to the change in shape but also signings, character... is very impressive and he should be getting more credit.

For the same reason Tony Pulis and Sam Allardyce aren’t universally loved despite their relatively successful careers.

I’ll give him all the credit in the world for instilling a steel in the side and turning it around. But the football is fucking awful

Things get better but they never get good
Flashheart

« Reply #109 on: Tuesday, February 6, 2018, 11:27:13 »

If we were playing better football, DF would not have so many detractors.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Tuesday, February 6, 2018, 11:35:57 »

Generally when a fanbase has decided someone is unpopular, it'll never change. Wait for the first dip in form and we'll be hounding him again.

A fanbase doesn't really decide anything.... individuals do. In the present football environment, older traditional values are out the window, our especially younger fans, which to me is more or less everybody, see the likes of Chelsea chop successful managers at the drop of a hat and assume we should do it.

You don't even need to wait for a dip in form... in that poll, approx 2/1 wanted Flitcroft out, despite that, very obviously, given the circumstances he's been doing a decent job.

Tonight's game at Accy, is a very difficult assignment, yet should as is likely we lose, the pitchforks will be back out.

It is a puzzler to me why we rearranged the Stevenage and Accy games so close around the Lincoln game, especially when the only other Tuesday night to season's end is next Tuesday... presumably we get some say in when it's played.
Panda Paws

« Reply #111 on: Tuesday, February 6, 2018, 11:42:32 »

If we were playing better football, DF would not have so many detractors.

What is your understanding of better football? More short passes?

We're scoring goals, look better at the back, have a midfield 2 who are actually capable, particularly going forward, and a proven striker at this level.

Lincoln play football that is perceived to be bad - far worse than us, yet they're getting record crowds with complete support for the manager, and everyone's on board.
Flashheart

« Reply #112 on: Tuesday, February 6, 2018, 11:44:20 »

What is your understanding of better football?

Not boring.

There's been the occasional exciting finish or whatever but, generally speaking, it is boring.
Flashheart

« Reply #113 on: Tuesday, February 6, 2018, 11:46:13 »

I actually stopped watching it was so boring. (That, and a reluctance to give my money to player).

If it's transformed since, then so be it. From what I can gather, though, it has not.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Tuesday, February 6, 2018, 11:58:09 »

Lincoln play football that is perceived to be bad - far worse than us, yet they're getting record crowds with complete support for the manager, and everyone's on board.

Perspective.

A few years ago we were in the L1 playoff final. They were struggling in the Conference. The cup run they've had has made them interested in football after years of being utter garbage. They are riding the wave right now.
Panda Paws

« Reply #115 on: Tuesday, February 6, 2018, 11:58:43 »

Not boring.

There's been the occasional exciting finish or whatever but, generally speaking, it is boring.

I guess I just don't understand how people can find this team disappointing or boring, particularly in the last month. We have put in some absolute stinkers and looked rank average in November/December, but last 8 or so, Luton aside, we've looked pretty impressive. Playing 343 and in Keshi, Elsnik, Banks, Gordon (to some extent)... we're not relying on cloggers running around and kicking people, diving, winning throws to hurl into the box Like Lincoln, yet apathy still reigns to some extent.

But also I appreciate I am strange, and in the minority.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #116 on: Tuesday, February 6, 2018, 12:15:28 »

I guess I just don't understand how people can find this team disappointing or boring,

Similarly, I can't understand why anyone wouldn't find this team boring. It's beyond dull to watch.

Fair enough to those that are still enjoying it, and you can't argue with recent results/form but that doesn't mean everyone is enjoying it.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: Tuesday, February 6, 2018, 12:21:06 »

I guess I just don't understand how people can find this team disappointing or boring, particularly in the last month. We have put in some absolute stinkers and looked rank average in November/December, but last 8 or so, Luton aside, we've looked pretty impressive. Playing 343 and in Keshi, Elsnik, Banks, Gordon (to some extent)... we're not relying on cloggers running around and kicking people, diving, winning throws to hurl into the box Like Lincoln, yet apathy still reigns to some extent.
That's a recent change and most of it has been away. If you don't get to away games, there's only been the second half of the Crewe game where that's been on show and we weren't great in the first half of that game. Perceptions once fixed take a while to change, we probably need to see a couple of home games before people are convinced there's been a change of style
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: Tuesday, February 6, 2018, 13:02:21 »

But also I appreciate I am strange, and in the minority.

Nothing wrong with being in a minority. 
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: Tuesday, February 6, 2018, 13:58:55 »

I’m slightly changing my mind. Now as it appears we have binned Dunn and sticking with 3 at the back, there is certainly less hoofing. It’s no good bypassing Elsnik and Banks in midfield now - they are our game changers/winners.

Some of our play is really quite good. I’ve got my tickets for Mansfield and Wycombe and, all things being equal, will be attending on a more frequent basis. It is the time to get behind the team, irrespective of any other issues.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: