Poll
Question: Do you think David Flitcroft should be dismissed before the January transfer window if the poor run continues?  (Voting closed: Monday, January 1, 2018, 09:27:14)
Yes - 71 (62.8%)
No - 42 (37.2%)
Total Voters: 100

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: David Flitcroft: Yes or No  (Read 59305 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Wednesday, December 27, 2017, 12:02:37 »

My biggest issue is with tactics . Playing those 2 in midfield at home is terrible, continuing with it at 1 and 2-0 and leaving players like goddard on the bench and making like for like changes is a disgusting decision

Dunne for me has been very poor. Linganzi has shown glimpses of being a good signing but yeah our midfield is a big problem (although DF seems to think a midfield doesn't really matter given his previous comments).

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Wednesday, December 27, 2017, 12:07:30 »

Perhaps a midfield isn't considered if it's just a lumped ball upfront
Don Rogers Sock

« Reply #92 on: Wednesday, December 27, 2017, 12:10:04 »

Perhaps a midfield isn't considered if it's just a lumped ball upfront
Seen a few people say this but Dunn and Lingzani give the ball away enough times in a match to suggest if we had ball playing players we may be ok.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #93 on: Wednesday, December 27, 2017, 12:26:49 »

Both Dunn and Linganzi are crap. I don't think it matters what midfield they play in, they will still be crap. Even in a crap division they are crap. Even in a crap team they are crap.
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Wednesday, December 27, 2017, 12:28:43 »

Linganzi got caught out yesterday but has more value. He can at least pass the ball, has a goal or two in him and his physicality helps us defensively and to win second balls.

Dunne on the other hand could be the least technically able footballer i have ever seen. The bloke can barely play a 5 yard pass, he is just plain awful! Every game you can actively see Purkiss/Linganzi/Taylor see Dunne open and deliberately choose a different ball to play, its comical, out own players know there is no point giving him the ball.

Losing Elsnik to injury has been a big loss, Elsnik and Linganzi could have been okay.

Outside of recruiting some real cloggers, our generally shit tactics and insistence on playing long ball, the biggest problem i have with him is he insists on playing people out of position! He keeps trying to get Taylor in midfield when he is our only LB. He has finally worked out Woolery is best up top to exploit his pace, but to do that he's now got Anderson playing left mid, and he had a shocker there. Anderson has been best playing behind a forward. When we have natural wide players like Gordon it just makes no sense.

The one thing Flitcroft promised was commitment, effort, fight, he interviewed every player (something he made sound special) yet when we lose they are the only things he criticises. He offers no hope, no belief that it may get better in the long run, he is the worst sort of clogger.  
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Thursday, December 28, 2017, 16:07:16 »

Seen a few people say this but Dunn and Lingzani give the ball away enough times in a match to suggest if we had ball playing players we may be ok.

It's not just the central two that are the problem, it's the fact we keep playing centre forwards out wide.  The idea seemingly being that playing two full backs told to remain defensive and keep position should be enough with two midfielders sitting.  The issue though is that back four plus two is just not able to cope.  You simply have to either have three in midfield or use proper wide players.
Flashheart

« Reply #96 on: Tuesday, February 6, 2018, 08:32:27 »

Wins the manager of the month award...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Tuesday, February 6, 2018, 08:34:27 »

nooooooooooooo.
Lump on Accrington!

Congratulations Flitcroft.

Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #98 on: Tuesday, February 6, 2018, 08:38:46 »

Wins the manager of the month award...
Shit, thats a definate loss tonight then.

Well done Flitcroft for turning us around after the utter humiliation of the home defeat by Luton, fair play.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #99 on: Tuesday, February 6, 2018, 08:49:30 »

The Adver says hes been nominated not won it? or has it leaked out already?

Flashheart

« Reply #100 on: Tuesday, February 6, 2018, 08:50:33 »

Ooops, sorry. My fault.

Need more coffee.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Tuesday, February 6, 2018, 08:53:10 »

phew
Panda Paws

« Reply #102 on: Tuesday, February 6, 2018, 09:13:07 »

Evans will win it I'd imagine.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #103 on: Tuesday, February 6, 2018, 09:43:02 »

Ooops, sorry. My fault.

Need more coffee.
Thank fuck for that, maybe we can win tonight now Smiley

fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Tuesday, February 6, 2018, 09:47:22 »

Flitcroft is not for me.  Now Jan has passed I'd give him the rest of the season but even if he take us up automatically I'd part company in the summer.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: