Poll
Question: Do you think David Flitcroft should be dismissed before the January transfer window if the poor run continues?  (Voting closed: Monday, January 1, 2018, 09:27:14)
Yes - 71 (62.8%)
No - 42 (37.2%)
Total Voters: 100

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: David Flitcroft: Yes or No  (Read 59289 times)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Tuesday, December 19, 2017, 13:04:01 »

I don't think that we should be shrugging our shoulders and accepting that a standard goal from open play should be a rarity. It wasn't earlier in the season, and it wasn't last season.

The Man City comparison is not entirely relevant because they average about 3 goals a game. It's pretty obvious that not all of those goals are going to be works of art.

And Pep's approach is to dominate teams, press them into errors and essentially strangle the life from them to a point where such errors are likely.  The issue I always had with the Howard Wilkinson school of thought was that they miss the point on possession based teams - it isn't always about creating chances with every possession, it's often about control - the pressure builds and players make stupid decisions under pressure.  Man City probably get a lot of their goals in short passing moves, from pinching the ball back.  It's the sustained pressure that creates those quick moves - the thought that you might spend 3 minutes getting the ball back, it makes you push to try and get the ball forward more quickly to try and create a chance.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Tuesday, December 19, 2017, 13:07:32 »

I don't think that we should be shrugging our shoulders and accepting that a standard goal from open play should be a rarity. It wasn't earlier in the season, and it wasn't last season.

If you think our scoring goals from open play was something we excelled at last season relative to this then you'll need some supporting evidence. Last season 3 sides scored fewer goals than us, this season 3 sides have scored more to date.
china red

« Reply #77 on: Wednesday, December 20, 2017, 06:14:10 »

Had a dream last night that we fired Flitcroft and ended up getting relegated again.

Firing a manager after 6 months when he’s had to complete a massive rebuild of the squad is ridiculous, let’s see what he does in the January transfer window, he needs time
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Tuesday, December 26, 2017, 20:34:24 »

Keep him for away games and get someone else in to do the home games.

What's Flitters the elder up to these days?

Beers

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Tuesday, December 26, 2017, 20:35:12 »

Time to go.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Tuesday, December 26, 2017, 20:48:51 »

Quote from: Reg Smeeton
If you think our scoring goals from open play was something we excelled at last season relative to this then you'll need some supporting evidence. Last season 3 sides scored fewer goals than us, this season 3 sides have scored more to date.
where did you find the 'open play' goal stats from?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Tuesday, December 26, 2017, 20:56:34 »

Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Tuesday, December 26, 2017, 21:18:46 »

where did you find the 'open play' goal stats from?
The plowman knows everything.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #83 on: Wednesday, December 27, 2017, 11:11:03 »

I have backed Flitcroft but yesterday is the first result that has made me change my way of thinking, the next 2 games are crucial, if we lose them both then he has to go, if we lose to County heavily then he has to go.

If we win both and he gets the new signings we badly need then maybe more time.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Flashheart

« Reply #84 on: Wednesday, December 27, 2017, 11:28:24 »

We literally have both the best away form, and the worst home form, in the league. Our away form is not far of Luton's and Notts County's home form.

Baffling.
Don Rogers Sock

« Reply #85 on: Wednesday, December 27, 2017, 11:34:45 »

My biggest issue is with tactics . Playing those 2 in midfield at home is terrible, continuing with it at 1 and 2-0 and leaving players like goddard on the bench and making like for like changes is a disgusting decision
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Wednesday, December 27, 2017, 11:36:24 »

My biggest issue is with tactics . Playing those 2 in midfield at home is terrible, continuing with it at 1 and 2-0 and leaving players like goddard on the bench and making like for like changes is a disgusting decision
Flitcroft is too stubborn to make changes, he has neither the mental acuity nor the flexibility required.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Wednesday, December 27, 2017, 11:40:07 »

We literally have both the best away form, and the worst home form, in the league. Our away form is not far of Luton's and Notts County's home form.

Baffling.

Over the years, you get one or two clubs in a Div with a similar skewed record, and from a distance I've been mystified. Now it's us.

One obvious factor this season is we can't back up a Saturday on a Tuesday home or away.... p 5,  w 0, d 0, L 5.... f 3, a 12

Plenty of left field thoughts spring to mind for the malaise, but I do wonder about a causal link between the training ground moving from Wanborough and it turning to shit. Perhaps someone could look up the date of departure and home form collapse  Hmmm
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Wednesday, December 27, 2017, 11:48:49 »

We should try wearing the green shirt at home see if that makes a difference.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Wednesday, December 27, 2017, 11:55:28 »

Or take the team on a 3 hours bus journey before home games
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: