Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Flitcroft  (Read 35857 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Monday, January 29, 2018, 19:43:06 »

Oh they do thats football, I was saying that the players mentioned by Reg "should" have been good experienced signings, and that often the more exeperienced they are the less well they do with us.

I don't remember many experienced signings coming in and doing THAT well for us, Steve White, Ian Culverhouse, Mark Walters and Paul Allan and possibly at a push Darren Ward and Alan Reeves (after a poor first season with us).

I liked Brian Borrows.... we're talking second tier, he was about 38 when signing and near 40 when finishing hardly missed a game in his 2 seasons we never went down.

Of course probably our best ever experienced player was the late, great John Smith... had played in the legendary Spurs double team as a youngster, and found his way down to Torquay, where he developed a love of Devonian scrumpy.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #121 on: Monday, January 29, 2018, 19:45:44 »

Ian Woan was decent, always liked him
He wasn't too bad for us, took a good free kick.

And yes Borrows was decent enough.
« Last Edit: Monday, January 29, 2018, 19:48:17 by Peter Venkman » Logged

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #122 on: Monday, January 29, 2018, 20:19:19 »

I would defend Galvin and marwood. Both were good for us. Galvin's performance at West ham when he and Parrish went for it was absolute quality.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Monday, January 29, 2018, 20:33:31 »

Which, to be fair, is probably as it should be. I'm unconvinced so far if I'm honest and have been critical of some of his man management in particular but still think he could yet get us out of this division and if he does so he deserves all the plaudits that he will get for that. And if he does take us up, there should be no question of his job being safe IMO (mentioning that solely because some have said they'd get rid even if he does take us up)

I don't run the club, so I doubt Flitcroft is losing too much sleep about my obsessive dislike of him.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Monday, January 29, 2018, 22:28:59 »

I don't run the club, so I doubt Flitcroft is losing too much sleep about my obsessive dislike of him.
I bet he cries himself to sleep because of you, you bastard!
Flashheart

« Reply #125 on: Tuesday, January 30, 2018, 06:03:36 »

I'm still holding onto the notion that we're expecting too much, and the style is down to us being in a crappy league. I'm going to cling onto those straws for as long as I can.
normy

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Tuesday, January 30, 2018, 07:23:05 »

Flitters did a tremendous job completely rebuilding the team, when I could see another relegation staring us in the face, even in this crappy league. Some of his decisions are questionable,but I think we expect too much too soon, and it's going much better than I expected.

ust be the oldest
Pax Romana

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Tuesday, January 30, 2018, 10:28:07 »

Flitters did a tremendous job completely rebuilding the team, when I could see another relegation staring us in the face, even in this crappy league. Some of his decisions are questionable,but I think we expect too much too soon, and it's going much better than I expected.

This. 

Last season was so dreadful and the team was such a shambles that I had a real fear at start of season that we could  plummet out of league. The football is dreadful and I also find some of his decisions baffling but at least he's steadied the ship.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #128 on: Tuesday, January 30, 2018, 10:34:31 »

FWIW I would still have Flitcroft over Cooper and Williams, despite his obvious (at times) failings.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Tuesday, January 30, 2018, 15:53:18 »

I'd take Sturrock over Flitcroft, I'm going to be miserable for a while I think :-)

On the positive side, I still think we'll be in the play offs
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Tuesday, January 30, 2018, 15:56:52 »

I'd take Sturrock over Flitcroft, I'm going to be miserable for a while I think :-)

Even though he's been out of work for a while due to illness?
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Tuesday, January 30, 2018, 16:01:20 »

FWIW I would still have Flitcroft over Cooper and Williams, despite his obvious (at times) failings.
No doubt. Most people can’t get their head round the fact we are in the mix yet playing shit.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: Tuesday, January 30, 2018, 16:25:11 »

No doubt. Most people can’t get their head round the fact we are in the mix yet playing shit.

I can! League Two is garbage.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #133 on: Tuesday, January 30, 2018, 18:18:03 »

The football under sturrock was also shit.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: Tuesday, January 30, 2018, 18:23:45 »

I know
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Up
Print
Jump to: