Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 11   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Flitcroft  (Read 35844 times)
Ticker45

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Thursday, December 28, 2017, 11:46:54 »

I do not think for one moment that Mr Power believes this pile of BS being touted by Mr Flitcroft but has to run with it at the moment. The next few weeks will probably tell.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is unknown but today could be a whole lot better.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Thursday, December 28, 2017, 12:13:19 »

Surely DF will be given the transfer window and more? We still aren't that far off promotion and a good run at the start of 2018 will see us right up there.

It is frustrating given our clown like home form this year but barring a disastrous Jan and Feb, DF is here for the season at least.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Thursday, December 28, 2017, 12:15:21 »

he was being tetchy when asked about fan enthusiasm in the post match. that's where this is from.

as said, bit of a deflection, don't think he handles criticism well. it's only going to get better when home form does - his job
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Thursday, December 28, 2017, 12:16:10 »

Quote from: Bob's Orange
Surely DF will be given the transfer window and more? We still aren't that far off promotion and a good run at the start of 2018 will see us right up there.

It is frustrating given our clown like home form this year but barring a disastrous Jan and Feb, DF is here for the season at least.
agreed.
Flashheart

« Reply #79 on: Thursday, December 28, 2017, 12:24:28 »

If he does stay, and he gets things back on track, Power should take credit for that. If it happens, of course. There's too many instances in football where managers are not given enough time.

Either way, I just want is to go the fuck up.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Thursday, December 28, 2017, 13:18:52 »

I think its worth remembering that in all reporting of the club locally there is still an underlying antagonism between Power and journalists and certain outlets, this in turn leads them to grasp the opportunity to go full Facebook Group at times as per after the Luton game.

Not making excuses for the mess but there is context.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Thursday, December 28, 2017, 13:28:38 »

And Flitcroft himself having a pop at the adver for calling him out for our shit home form a few weeks ago

Things get better but they never get good
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Thursday, December 28, 2017, 16:20:40 »

but this time it was  BBC Wilts that asked the question, and Power loves them. Or he used to.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Thursday, December 28, 2017, 17:24:45 »

IIRC, that Bury fan who posted here upon Flitcroft’s appointment, foretold almost exactly how things would turn out based on their experience.

If losing 10 in a row, and his job, didn’t manage to change his philosophy and style of running things then he deserves the boot.

Repeating mistakes in the hope that the outcome will change is a sign of a madman. The only slight hope I cling on to is the clamour for Lee Johnson’s head last season by the 82ers.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Thursday, December 28, 2017, 17:38:00 »

IIRC, that Bury fan who posted here upon Flitcroft’s appointment, foretold almost exactly how things would turn out based on their experience.

Here's Shaker's post....

Hello guys I'm a Bury fan just coming to give my opinion on Flitcroft (DF) and his football management.

I'll start off with his interviews though, at first they will start off as something different and very professional but the amount of buzz words he uses ('synergy' and 'DNA') being particular favourites of his during his time with us will gradually annoy you but on the other hand his enthusiasm for the job will never change and he will remain upbeat.

You may have a budget but if his time with us is anything to go by he will smash this out of the park very quickly if he gets half a chance, he brought in some fantastic players during his time with us including the likes of James Vaughan, Zeli Ismael and (I know this might not be a popular one here) Leon Clarke, but his training regime is supposedly very tough and full on, and caused us many many injuries over the last few seasons.

DF is a hoarder, he signs so many players and has so many coaching staff in his team I think that they all get very confused with what their role actually is with the club, although he will attempt to bring in the very best available to him.

Under DF we endured two very very long periods without wins just this last season under him we lost 10 consecutive league games which ended in his eventual dismissal as manager, this run meant we were very lucky to stay up in the end, both seasons poor form came around 10 games into the season after starting well.

DF will probably try to bring in someone that knows the club very well to be his assistant as he likes to try and get all supporters on side at the moment of joining, although as it goes I wouldn't be surprised if he brought in Ben Futcher who was assistant with us (you might have to make the dugout roof a bit higher), Futcher was supposedly the bully boy for DF and was made to single people out that DF didn't like.

If you have anyone that is very well liked by fans and is coming to the end of their career in one or two seasons at the club he will get rid of them as he often feels very threatened by people more popular than him.

Signings will solely be done on the basis of if DF has worked with them before I would not be surprised to see you pick up someone like Ben Williams, Anthony Kay, Kelvin Etuhu or Danny Rose, the clubs you will sign players from will be Barnsley, Rochdale (because of his best mate Keith Hill, this relationship was sickening considering we are supposedly rival clubs), and Bury.

DF needs to feel loved if he doesn't he will claim your fans to be deserters as he did during his 10 game losing streak this season.

All in all I wish you the very best of luck...you might need it although you will probably finish top half this season then struggle the season after.

There are a couple of points which chime, but mostly wide of the mark.
sir windon

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Sunday, January 28, 2018, 16:44:08 »

I take it he's staying then. Having started this post a while back, I suppose there's no point in changing as long as we're in the play off hunt.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Sunday, January 28, 2018, 17:58:34 »

He may well get us promoted this season, but he is most definitely not the manager to take the club forward.

But how do you sack a manager who has just got you promoted?

It’s like the Luke Williams debate in reverse. If he had managed to stave off relegation he would still be in charge now.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Sunday, January 28, 2018, 18:07:38 »

Let's worry about that if we go up.

Though to be honest the squad doesn't feel capable of L1 football either. could be wrong.

With Flitcroft my concerns have been growing recently, but I still think he deserves the chance to do or die. it's stupid to sack a manager that's in the promotion mix isn't it...
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Sunday, January 28, 2018, 20:39:17 »

Let's worry about that if we go up.

Though to be honest the squad doesn't feel capable of L1 football either. could be wrong.

With Flitcroft my concerns have been growing recently, but I still think he deserves the chance to do or die. it's stupid to sack a manager that's in the promotion mix isn't it...
Again, you've encapsulated my own feelings very well. Not wildly enamoured of the manager, team or style of play but this season is all about getting us out of this horrible division. As long as they have enough between them to do that, I can hold my nose until we regroup next season. If they don't, it's been a waste of a season
Panda Paws

« Reply #89 on: Monday, January 29, 2018, 09:52:33 »

Watford sack managers routinely, and got rid of Jokanovic after going up. But then again the manager there is just one small part of a bigger picture, not the be all and end all.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 11   Go Up
Print
Jump to: