Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 11   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Flitcroft  (Read 35835 times)
ferret

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Sunday, December 17, 2017, 10:45:14 »

If he is going to insist on putting Taylor in CM why not play Brophy at LB instead of attempting to shoehorn Iandolo.

Yes, or I actually think Brophy would do alright in front of Taylor, on the left hand side of the 3. He’s got some defensive instincts, which Taylor needs in front of him, and can also get down the wing - something which the likes of Goddard are obviously not capable of.
sir windon

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Tuesday, December 26, 2017, 19:34:37 »

Can I repeat the question at the start of this thread?
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Tuesday, December 26, 2017, 19:41:03 »

Yes, you can hit the quote button and it brings it down the thread like this  Wink
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Tuesday, December 26, 2017, 22:02:28 »

yes  -   no and no.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Flashheart

« Reply #49 on: Wednesday, December 27, 2017, 07:08:14 »

Is he still here?
Don Rogers Sock

« Reply #50 on: Wednesday, December 27, 2017, 10:26:19 »

Lose Saturday and it may be time up for him
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Wednesday, December 27, 2017, 11:19:05 »

Lose Saturday and it may be time up for him

I don't envy Power's position on this call.

I know I'm stating the obvious, but its a tale of two halves. Mathematically we are very close to a shot of promotion. Just need to win a few at home and after Notts County we are into an "easier" run (in theory).

But a collapse in away form could see us enter a Regageddon scenario of looking over our shoulder. I think with such a big gap we will be fine though.

As somebody said, the season is on a knife edge.

One thing that worries me is that Power said in an interview:

https://www.totalswindon.com/sport/david-flitcroft-and-lee-power-are-going-through-plans-for-swindon-town-recruitment-in-january/
"We've gone all in really to try and get out the league, we're only halfway and we've got to try and continue with that."

other than sounding like we aren't making changes (well he would regardless wouldn't he). Does "all in" mean this season is shit or bust? Is this our one  'big budget'  season.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Wednesday, December 27, 2017, 11:26:04 »

Notts County is tough but if we lose to them and fail to beat Barnet and that should be it. Whether it will be, however...
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #53 on: Wednesday, December 27, 2017, 11:29:35 »

other than sounding like we aren't making changes (well he would regardless wouldn't he). Does "all in" mean this season is shit or bust? Is this our one  'big budget'  season.
Think it through. Gates are sliding anyway due to the total lack of entertainment and losing at home. Its the home gates that generate our revenue. We have no players to sell. Vigs stock has fallen considerably from last season. Carry on as we are and gates will slip to 3.5k season ticket holders, away gate plus a few. Budgets will reduce and you get into an existence cycle unless you chuck money at it, which we haven't got or you strike lucky with a manager capable of putting a team together cheaply - John Coleman / Keith Hill but not Flitcroft.
If we don't make it this season then we're in for a long hard slog. Last time we got out of it because Lowndes Lambert sponsored the Town, threw a little bit of money at it but demanded a name as manager and got Macari. Can't see any knights in shining armour out there while Power remains.
Unfortunately, I think we're left with Power going, which I can't see happening. Shit is the new normal.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Wednesday, December 27, 2017, 11:33:05 »

Bugger. Makes a lot of sense, unfortunately
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #55 on: Wednesday, December 27, 2017, 12:38:39 »

Notts County is tough but if we lose to them and fail to beat Barnet and that should be it. Whether it will be, however...
This.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Wednesday, December 27, 2017, 13:05:43 »

FWIW, I heard that Vigs, Iandolo, Goddard and, surprisingly, Woolery will be available for loan or sale in January.
blinkpip
His Infernal Majesty

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Wednesday, December 27, 2017, 13:17:34 »

FWIW, I heard that Vigs, Iandolo, Goddard and, surprisingly, Woolery will be available for loan or sale in January.
Some of these are the better bunch. It's the experience lot that have been a let down.

ee the trick is only pick on those that can't do you no harm
Like the drummer from Def Leppard's only got one arm

I annoyed Yeovilred 28/01/06
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Wednesday, December 27, 2017, 13:18:34 »

I agree. 3 out of the back 4 need  replacing.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Wednesday, December 27, 2017, 13:20:41 »

Surely BS on Woolery, unless he's got someone big time lined up.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 11   Go Up
Print
Jump to: