Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 11   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Flitcroft  (Read 35840 times)
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Saturday, December 16, 2017, 16:21:30 »

Atm we need to start paying a bit of heed to what is happening below us, rather than worrying too much about those above.

Ah! That's more like it, Reg.  I was starting to think you had been 'bodysnatched'.  Smiley
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Saturday, December 16, 2017, 16:51:33 »

Quote from: Mother Brown
But Newport and Colchester being "as awful as we are" . . managed to beat us.

yes yes, I noticed that. my point is we probably could have got a couple of points out of them even being this shit.

with a few key players we could be better then them. it might be enough for the playoffs.

and no I'm not sure GF will get them and adapt our play
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Saturday, December 16, 2017, 17:05:04 »

Ah! That's more like it, Reg.  I was starting to think you had been 'bodysnatched'.  Smiley

Not too much damage done... OK we've dropped to 12th, but the drop line is still a dozen points away, so is going to take us a while to get involved.  Crewe who were there at the start of the day could easily be only 6 points off us by next Saturday  Sad

We are the only side in Div 4 to be pointless over the last 3 games, such is the closeness of this league.
kirky69

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Saturday, December 16, 2017, 17:57:50 »

Flitcroft made it clear in his very late post match interview that players would be released in January to enable new ones to come in and also including current loanees in this equation. As H Smith was second choice behind Norris when both fit, I see him going back to Millwall. Hussey's injury may get him back to Sheff Utd, thus leaving 2 spaces for replacement loanees. If we can get money for Vigs that would be very useful to fund better option. We urgently need a creative midfielder plus a goalscorer as a minimum.
aroundthefur

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Saturday, December 16, 2017, 18:25:52 »

Anderson won’t be here post-Jan.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Saturday, December 16, 2017, 18:30:13 »

Quote from: aroundthefur
Anderson won’t be here post-Jan.
prediction or informed?

still can't work out if he's good but not with the right partner, or bang average
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Saturday, December 16, 2017, 19:50:11 »

prediction or informed?

still can't work out if he's good but not with the right partner, or bang average

Keshi has been the player I've been most disappointed with, occasionally shows some signs but nothing like often enough.  I've assumed he'll go back in Jan along with Harry Smith.  Sadly Hussey looks fucked, so presumably go back to Blades. Hopefully the 2 Derby lads will stay.

About time we signed Nicky Ajose again, he's not doing much for Bury...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Saturday, December 16, 2017, 20:02:16 »

has Louis Thompson recovered yet,?
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Saturday, December 16, 2017, 20:06:26 »

Gladwin too
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Saturday, December 16, 2017, 20:11:01 »

has Louis Thompson recovered yet,?

I did wonder if Louis might be back needing some games.  Gladders doesn't seem to be getting much of a look in at Blackburn.
REDBUCK

« Reply #40 on: Saturday, December 16, 2017, 20:55:52 »

prediction or informed?

Two much of a show pony at this level for me. Some good stuff but not enough and not much of a team player when things get a little difficult
ferret

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Sunday, December 17, 2017, 09:09:31 »

I just think that the club needs a period of stability and not yet another managerial change.
Getting rid now would be very harsh and also a tacit admission from Power that he fucked up the appointment.
Don't think it's going to happen just yet, but this losing run needs to be stopped.

Taylor is less of a menace to the team at LB than he is in midfield, but that's a marginal call I reckon.
Was hoping that somebody with his experience would bring a degree of calmness to proceedings, but he is almost Dunnesque when it comes to panic stations when a moving ball comes towards him.
This is so baffling that I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and suggest that he is playing like that under instruction as part of the overall game plan.

Iandolo might yet grow into the LB role, but those around him need to step up and help him through games.
A vocal goalkeeper able to organise those in front of him would be a great asset to have, particularly when the defence is going through this shaky patch.

I do understand what you’re saying. As highlighted by another post, I just think that Flitcroft is too ‘radical’ for his own good.

Eventually we’ll win a game or two with a midfielder at left back, a left back in midfield, a forward on the wing and a winger up front. And Flitcroft will love telling us all about it. Trouble is, it won’t happen often enough.

A couple of months ago we had a more stable, conventional team in place, and it kept winning - we even won 3 out of 4 at home(!!). I think that gave Flitcroft the ‘inspiration’ to try and muck around with a winning formula. And, now that his new radical ideas have failed, he’s been too stubborn to revert to Plan A. Now that the confidence is shot, it might be too late.
« Last Edit: Sunday, December 17, 2017, 09:28:21 by ferret » Logged
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Sunday, December 17, 2017, 09:42:43 »

I think you give him too much credit. He is repeating his tenure at Bury very closely. If that disaster couldn’t or wouldn’t change his ideas on team management then nothing will.

If he can’t see, or acknowledge, that whatever it is he is trying to do isn’t working - and 5 defeats in a row is as sure a sign as there can be - then we have no hope with him in charge.
ferret

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Sunday, December 17, 2017, 09:52:39 »

I think you give him too much credit. He is repeating his tenure at Bury very closely. If that disaster couldn’t or wouldn’t change his ideas on team management then nothing will.

If he can’t see, or acknowledge, that whatever it is he is trying to do isn’t working - and 5 defeats in a row is as sure a sign as there can be - then we have no hope with him in charge.

I agree. Assuming he's still here for Crewe, that will be huge - if we lose there, we will face the slightly surreal prospect of being a top-half team ready to write off a couple of home games. Which is a real shame on the manager.

If he does not at the very least revert to Taylor at left back for Crewe, and we get beat again, surely the writing will be on the wall.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Sunday, December 17, 2017, 10:33:05 »

If he is going to insist on putting Taylor in CM why not play Brophy at LB instead of attempting to shoehorn Iandolo.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 11   Go Up
Print
Jump to: