Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Zzzzz Swindon v Colchester Zzzzzz  (Read 25110 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Friday, December 15, 2017, 12:19:38 »

Although it's a stupid decision to shift the game, it doesn't alter its importance. The Tranny game in the PdC part season has been mentioned and how their thrashing seemed to send them into a downward spiral bound for non league football, and for me it feels like we're on the cusp of something like that, unless Flitters can stop the rot.
ferret

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Friday, December 15, 2017, 12:36:21 »

Although it's a stupid decision to shift the game, it doesn't alter its importance. The Tranny game in the PdC part season has been mentioned and how their thrashing seemed to send them into a downward spiral bound for non league football, and for me it feels like we're on the cusp of something like that, unless Flitters can stop the rot.

When we are winning cup games, you are always at a rush to point out how independent / irrelevant they are, and how they should not be built in to any stats. So presumably that also applies when we have been losing them.

On that basis, we have 10 points from the last 6 games (playoff form), and are 8th with a game in hand of everyone - a win tonight would take us to 5th.

Anyway, your prediction is noted.

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Friday, December 15, 2017, 12:52:43 »

When we are winning cup games, you are always at a rush to point out how independent / irrelevant they are, and how they should not be built in to any stats. So presumably that also applies when we have been losing them.

On that basis, we have 10 points from the last 6 games (playoff form), and are 8th with a game in hand of everyone - a win tonight would take us to 5th.

Anyway, your prediction is noted.

It's very difficult these days to stand still in football terms, it either seems like you go up or down, the trends can manifest themselves over a few seasons.

It's not just about results, but a feel of where the club is going, in the early part of the season it did look as if Flitters had applied a brake to the slide of the last 2 seasons, and it isn't too late to turn this current situation around. But it needs to happen quickly.

As it stands there are only 3 clubs below us Crewe, BPV, and Chesterfield who haven't been non league relatively recently, and all 3 are within a point of the drop zone. The only thing to suggest there might be a reason why we shouldn't go there ourselves is by getting points on the board, certainly the way the club is run wouldn't look out of place in the Conference.
ferret

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Friday, December 15, 2017, 12:58:16 »

It's very difficult these days to stand still in football terms, it either seems like you go up or down, the trends can manifest themselves over a few seasons.

It's not just about results, but a feel of where the club is going, in the early part of the season it did look as if Flitters had applied a brake to the slide of the last 2 seasons, and it isn't too late to turn this current situation around. But it needs to happen quickly.

As it stands there are only 3 clubs below us Crewe, BPV, and Chesterfield who haven't been non league relatively recently, and all 3 are within a point of the drop zone. The only thing to suggest there might be a reason why we shouldn't go there ourselves is by getting points on the board, certainly the way the club is run wouldn't look out of place in the Conference.

Ok. As I said, your prediction is noted.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Friday, December 15, 2017, 13:03:10 »

Which is why it feels all the more galling that we have been turned over by what I feel are, essentially, a succession of non league clubs

Stevenage, Barnet, Crawley, FGR etc. Hits home just how far we have fallen.
normy

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Friday, December 15, 2017, 13:17:35 »

I can't remember the last time I enjoyed an evening game at the CG, and despite having a season ticket I have no enthusiasm about going to the match tonight.

ust be the oldest
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Friday, December 15, 2017, 13:24:47 »

I can't remember the last time I enjoyed an evening game at the CG, and despite having a season ticket I have no enthusiasm about going to the match tonight.

We did manage to turn over both Rochdale and the Gills in mid week games last season at the CG.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Friday, December 15, 2017, 13:59:53 »

They start as favourites, but you never know.

Although they are 12/5 and we are 5/4
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Friday, December 15, 2017, 16:36:53 »

Don’t know why but I’ve just had £5 on Matt Preston to score 2 @ 200/1.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Friday, December 15, 2017, 16:39:37 »

Don’t know why but I’ve just had £5 on Matt Preston to score 2 @ 200/1.

Does one at each end count?
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Friday, December 15, 2017, 16:43:11 »

I had actually forgotten we had a game tonight.

Draw 1-1

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Friday, December 15, 2017, 16:52:22 »

I don’t know which wanker thought it was a good idea to move this to a Friday night, but they need a good kick in the bollocks, going to be a right pain to try & get down for kick off.

Will probably miss the start, where we will already be a goal down & we’ll lose 1-0.

Happy Fucking Christmas 😄
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Friday, December 15, 2017, 17:02:11 »

So looking forward to it then Posh?!
Amir

« Reply #28 on: Friday, December 15, 2017, 17:20:55 »

I'm on my Christmas do tonight as well. I'll be listening to the game on my headphones so I don't have to talk to anyone.

5-0 Town or lose 3-0.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Friday, December 15, 2017, 17:56:29 »

Taylor to score to night.....

.....from the halfway line.  Pint Pint Pint

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: