Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Checkatrade Cup Round Two  (Read 11305 times)
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Thursday, November 30, 2017, 13:37:04 »

My Wembley record: P3 W0 D0 L3 F0 A7

If we get there, I'd probably still go though.

This is almost the same as for my son, the only difference being we took him to the old Wembley to watch Chippenham so he’s P4 L4 and 8-0 on aggregate.

If we got there in the boycott trophy I wouldn’t go, but would go if we made the playoffs (or FA Cup Smiley )
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #31 on: Thursday, November 30, 2017, 13:39:37 »

This is almost the same as for my son, the only difference being we took him to the old Wembley to watch Chippenham so he’s P4 L4 and 8-0 on aggregate.

If we got there in the boycott trophy I wouldn’t go, but would go if we made the playoffs (or FA Cup Smiley )
FA Cup trip to Wembley is a distinct possibility if we beat Stevenage Saturday then draw Spurs away in the 3rd round.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Thursday, November 30, 2017, 13:42:45 »

I'll give it a miss, I'll also not be able to attend if we make the play off final, potentially a saving grace.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Thursday, November 30, 2017, 14:09:54 »

Anyone going out there to catch a game or two is very brave.

I see England are eyeing up a base "near" Leningrad.
Still in the middle of nowhere though.
No doubt the locals will have been pressed into removing the discarded vodka bottles that litter the area around the training pitches come June.

In all fairness, Russia is safer than a lot of places in the world. Safer than the US and UK for starters, if we're talking "terrorism to city security" ratios. I don't have all the figures off the top of my head but there is an interesting write up from about 5 years ago, written by a guy who has lived in all three places. http://akarlin.com/2011/04/national-comparisons-1/

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Thursday, November 30, 2017, 14:11:26 »

I could also add in the recent Dolphins vs Saints game that I attended with a Dolphins supporting colleague to make the record even worse.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Thursday, November 30, 2017, 14:46:44 »

In all fairness, Russia is safer than a lot of places in the world. Safer than the US and UK for starters, if we're talking "terrorism to city security" ratios. I don't have all the figures off the top of my head but there is an interesting write up from about 5 years ago, written by a guy who has lived in all three places. http://akarlin.com/2011/04/national-comparisons-1/

Wasn't thinking so much about the terror threat.
Although it's impressive that sites of attacks over there are up and running again after a day or so.
Then again they have the luxury of being able to round up a few random Chechens on which to pin the blame.

Apparently Vlad has had a personal word with the leaders of the main hooligan groups and advised them to leave visitors alone next summer.
This will leave local plod free to have the first pop as and when they want.
Hopefully visiting fans will only have to negotiate the lack of accommodation, poor transport links and the army of budding entrepreneurs looking to relieve them of their spending money.

Who knows if I can survive the trip to Lincoln, then might look at catching a game in Kaliningrad, where the mayor has advised the locals to try and avoid kicking the shit out of visiting fans if possible.

And to keep on topic I bet the fans of Spartak Vladikavkaz wouldn't boycott their equivalent of the EFL Trophy. If they had one.  Sad

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #36 on: Thursday, November 30, 2017, 15:02:38 »

Apparently Vlad has had a personal word with the leaders of the main hooligan groups and advised them to leave visitors alone next summer.
Is that Vlad the

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Thursday, November 30, 2017, 15:11:13 »

Is that Vlad the

Cheesy

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Friday, December 1, 2017, 08:45:04 »

On a serious note how many of you lot would actually go to Wembley if we made it? A boycott is a boycott for me. Having attended every JPT home game (plus Newport away twice) prior to the U23's being brought into the format, I haven't been to any since & wouldn't be on the Wembley bandwagon if we made it.

Boycott stands for me, I was shocked that the League had the arrogance to carry on with the format for this season.

The joke gates were getting lots of coverage this season but not so much this season...shame that.

I went to loads of these games over the seasons...Exeter, Newport twice, Hereford, Barnet twice and even Malpas last game in charge at Brighton.

I would watch a Wembley final on the box with the lads in the pub but that's as far as I would push it.

Clems Army!
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Friday, December 1, 2017, 11:14:15 »

My Wembley record is....

England P2, W1, D1, L0.
Swindon P5, W2, D0, L3.
Chippenham P1, W0, D0, L1.
Munichred

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Friday, December 1, 2017, 13:11:27 »

Is that Vlad the

I can top that, or maybe in this case not...

Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Friday, December 1, 2017, 14:15:00 »

Don't think I'd attend a checkatrade final. I'm not even sure I should go to Wembley full stop. At the old Wembley I only ever saw one game which was England 2-0 Scotland in Euro 96 which was fantastic (especially as I was 7 at the time) But at the new Wembley... I've been 5 times, 3 times for Town and twice as a neutral. Whatever end I've been in that team has not only lost but hasn't scored either.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Friday, December 1, 2017, 14:46:45 »

Oh, I forgot.

Bristol Rovers 1-0 Shrewsbury  Sad
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: