Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Checkatrade Cup Round Two  (Read 11302 times)
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, November 29, 2017, 20:59:06 »

Exactly the same for me. And I also went to every home game plus Newport!
It's a home game for us really  Wink

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, November 29, 2017, 21:06:56 »

It's a home game for us really  Wink

Yep, was expecting a lot more on Saturday to be honest. I think they were all at the rugby.

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, November 29, 2017, 23:00:49 »

Yep, was expecting a lot more on Saturday to be honest. I think they were all at the rugby.
Sorry, I meant the two away games against Newport in the JPT in recent seasons.

Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, November 29, 2017, 23:19:12 »

Sorry, I meant the two away games against Newport in the JPT in recent seasons.

So did I, just brought up Saturday as an aside.. We must have crossed paths at some point !

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, November 29, 2017, 23:48:59 »

So did I, just brought up Saturday as an aside.. We must have crossed paths at some point !
Ah right. I would imagine so, there's not many of us!!

reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Thursday, November 30, 2017, 09:46:40 »

My view is that if you're boycotting a competition then you boycott it completely. No use people staying away then all turning up and spending £££ on tickets, food and whatever else at Wembley as that undermines the whole effort.

I'd love to see two teams get to the final and take even less than Blackpool did for last year's play-offs.

chalkies_shorts

« Reply #21 on: Thursday, November 30, 2017, 10:00:03 »

My view is that if you're boycotting a competition then you boycott it completely. No use people staying away then all turning up and spending £££ on tickets, food and whatever else at Wembley as that undermines the whole effort.

I'd love to see two teams get to the final and take even less than Blackpool did for last year's play-offs.

Agreed but I'd love to see two under 21 teams get to the final - hopefully small clubs and Northern. That way, no crowd and less money to the league clubs.
The quicker this abomination is killed the better.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Thursday, November 30, 2017, 10:36:02 »

Wouldn’t have have gone to another final under the old format as the competition was pointless for me even then
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Thursday, November 30, 2017, 10:49:20 »

won't even watch it on TV. it's dead to me.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Thursday, November 30, 2017, 11:40:36 »

I’d go.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Thursday, November 30, 2017, 12:28:13 »

Wouldn’t have have gone to another final under the old format as the competition was pointless for me even then
went to the Chesterfield one.  agree old format was pointless.  it did bring in some extra money for the club. just about.  it also did what it said on the tin. a competition amongst respected (Pox aside) lower league clubs.  

checkatrade is somehow even more pointless than pointless.  it is also a kite flyer for entry into the football league by big clubs' second teams.  and an opportunity for the greedy to suck up yet more talent for themselves.  no way would I attend.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Thursday, November 30, 2017, 12:33:17 »

My Wembley record: P3 W0 D0 L3 F0 A7

If we get there, I'd probably still go though.

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Thursday, November 30, 2017, 12:42:29 »

The Wembley replacement is a horrible space, you can't boycott and then go to the final.  I could forgive the Cov lot last season mind, as they are in a  unique situation.

I'm fairly sure we won't have to wrestle with the decision mind.  What is presently starting to get my angst going is should I boycott the WC  Hmmm the draw is tomorrow, although I'm sure the outcomes have already been decided.

Qatar definitely.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Thursday, November 30, 2017, 13:16:04 »

I'm fairly sure we won't have to wrestle with the decision mind.  What is presently starting to get my angst going is should I boycott the WC  Hmmm the draw is tomorrow, although I'm sure the outcomes have already been decided.

Qatar definitely.

Anyone going out there to catch a game or two is very brave.

I see England are eyeing up a base "near" Leningrad.
Still in the middle of nowhere though.
No doubt the locals will have been pressed into removing the discarded vodka bottles that litter the area around the training pitches come June.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Thursday, November 30, 2017, 13:17:41 »

My Wembley record: P3 W0 D0 L3 F0 A7

If we get there, I'd probably still go though.

Also our defeats at the new wembley have doubled each time.....

0-1 Millwall L1 P.O Final: Could've won it. (Charlie's bobble which could have made a difference and we played in white. Most other players had already pre agreed deals to leave. Belly Paynter. So most of the team didn't "turn up".) Actually felt sad for Wilson.

0-2 Chesterfield JPT Final: A team you thought would be up for it (considering all of PDC's passion and work ethic put into it. He made the smallest battle seem important.). A match we should've won, but for some reason, call it complacency. The team didn't turn up. Actually felt sad for Paolo.

0-4 P.N.E L1 P.O Final: A match which should've been finely balanced and a true event of two teams worthy of being in the Championship. After vowing to never go again due to two previous no shows, I truly believed we would turn up and perform. Even P.N.E fans weren't so confident. NT should never have played and there was the warning sign. A shell shocked team over awed by the occasion from start to finish. Sitting behind friends of Nathan Byrne, they felt embarrassed (not by his performance, he was one of the few that had any kind of effort in the match) by the overall performance. I stayed to the bitter bitter end. I admit. I cried. I vowed "never again". In football terms that was trauma. The team didn't turn up. Actually felt sad for Cooper.

So what if we make Wembley in this tournament or via the play offs. None of the matchday squad that were there last time are around now. If trend shows then we'll get beaten 8-0. Last time was too much for me. Maybe if we make the Checkatrade Final we can reverse the "New Wembley" and lose it say 2-0. I would consider going to the play off final if the players have had a taste for it in a town shirt. Maybe even losing 1-0 would still be sickening and the only thing that wold make me go this time is that this team, at least for the most part, does actually work hard.

Who knows? By the way, I like toasted bagels for breakfast.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: