Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Town v Spirites  (Read 27696 times)
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: Monday, November 13, 2017, 15:00:37 »

The regulation seems fairly straightforward. Doubtful that their Club Doctor would have travelled, so it was down to ours to exercise judgement:

"35.6 Head Injuries and Concussion.

35.6.1 Each Team Doctor, Senior Physiotherapist, Paramedic and any other Physiotherapist shall, when present at any match or training, carry the pocket concussion tool as notified by The League from time to time.

35.6.2 Any Player who has sustained a concussive injury (whether in any match, at training or otherwise) shall not be allowed to resume playing or training (as the case may be)

unless he has been examined and declared fit to do so by his Team Doctor or, if they are unavailable, by another medical practitioner who holds a current Football Association Advanced Resuscitation and Emergency Aid certificate or an equivalent or higher qualification as otherwise approved by the Football Association from time to time. In such circumstances, the welfare of the Player is paramount and the decision of the Team Doctor or other appropriately qualified medical practitioner as to whether the Player is fit to resume playing or training shall be final."
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: Monday, November 13, 2017, 16:04:34 »

Don't have an issue with the reaction of the Chesterfield fans, I'd have been equally as pissed off. I'm guessing the main ones complaining weren't there and didn't witness the blatant pen (and probably a red?) plus the header that crossed the line. Two wrongs don't make a right, but we were owed something at least.

What I have issue with is Jack Lester and the Chesterfield supporters suddenly having abetter medical opinion than a club doctor. Head injuries need to be treated seriously and if a MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL thinks it is a risk to send a player out, he simply can't do it. If the lad had come out for the second half and collapsed, I imagine we'd have been torn to bits by them. To put it down as us trying to advantage our own team is not only nonsense but utterly pathetic. We lost a player in the same incident.
Pfft, relying on advice from qualified professional experts? That's soooo pre-Brexit.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: Monday, November 13, 2017, 18:08:24 »

Should probably make those rules even tighter in all honesty - don't see why someone would be alloed to return to the pitch after suffering any type of concussive injury.  Just like Rugy, the clubs have to be kept out of the decision making, and the player themselves.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: Tuesday, November 14, 2017, 16:02:58 »

I actually think we have been a better team since Norris has been out, previously we would lump the ball up for Norris to get on it being the 1 up front, since he's been out we seem to have drifted to playing more of the 3 up front and it seems to have been working judging by goals scored and results last few weeks.

I hope Luke get's some bench time coming up and we can continue with Smith
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: Tuesday, November 14, 2017, 18:45:34 »

We've scored 6 penalties already this season, last season we scored a total of 4. 3 of those were scored by Doughty.

Shame that I can't be fucked to look up how many we missed
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: Tuesday, November 14, 2017, 18:58:38 »

Maybe we only had 4 penalties last season. I have no idea. We can only score from penalties if we are given them.

We have had our fair share this season, though.
Lady Magpie

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: Thursday, November 30, 2017, 15:38:00 »

Hi all, Lady Magpie from FGR here, although I do support Swindon Town as I was born in Drove Road many, many years ago.

Can you help please as I'm getting nothing from your media office, What was your attendance for this match v Spirites, can't even find it anywhere on the internet.

Thanks for you help, and COST unless we are playing each other
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: Thursday, November 30, 2017, 15:49:10 »

Hi all, Lady Magpie from FGR here, although I do support Swindon Town as I was born in Drove Road many, many years ago.

Can you help please as I'm getting nothing from your media office, What was your attendance for this match v Spirites, can't even find it anywhere on the internet.

The best club website comes to the rescue once more:

http://www.swindon-town-fc.co.uk/MatchCentre.asp?MatchID=20180117

Smiley
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #158 on: Thursday, November 30, 2017, 15:50:14 »

Source: http://swindon-town-fc.co.uk/Results.asp?Season=2017-2018

Lady Magpie

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: Thursday, November 30, 2017, 20:55:54 »

Thank you Swindon friends, much appreciated.

Good luck for the rest of the season, well perhaps take it easy next Tuesday.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: