Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Newport County - Matchday Thread  (Read 23523 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #45 on: Saturday, November 25, 2017, 16:34:37 »

Solid stop from RCC.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #46 on: Saturday, November 25, 2017, 16:36:10 »

Hmmm not good, Tozer scores an easy header from a corner.

adje

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Saturday, November 25, 2017, 16:37:15 »

Tozer? Bloody hell

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Saturday, November 25, 2017, 16:37:44 »

Absolute bollocks.  Sub should have been made ages ago and why take Goddard off?
Another loss at home to a shit team on the cards.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #49 on: Saturday, November 25, 2017, 16:40:50 »

Absolute bollocks.  Sub should have been made ages ago and why take Goddard off?
Spot on, on all counts.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #50 on: Saturday, November 25, 2017, 16:48:24 »

6,764 not a bad crowd, must be 800+ from Wales there.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #51 on: Saturday, November 25, 2017, 16:49:58 »

Brophy coming on for Mullin, too little too late.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #52 on: Saturday, November 25, 2017, 16:55:48 »

Poor subs today from DF, too little too late.

The poor home form continues.

theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Saturday, November 25, 2017, 17:05:10 »

Same old same old. No real quality or domination of games with usual game plan of staying in the game and picking up the scraps. Flitcroft’s subs become increasingly baffling at times, we are a frustrating team to watch and home form is becoming unforgivable.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Saturday, November 25, 2017, 17:09:04 »

Absolute bollocks.  Sub should have been made ages ago and why take Goddard off?

You are missing the point, we are equally as inept.  Long enough into the season to make judgements now, so I will, without fear of being called negative.  We are rank average.  This lottery style football is awful to watch and has created a season, with maybe one or two games worth of exceptions, where nothing but a lucky break, error in defence or set piece separates the two teams.

For me, Flitcroft brings nothing to the table than any other Div4 journeyman Manager couldn't.  He has, probably, a top 6 budget, so on the balance of a season he'll probably get us into the play offs, but my god it is going to be a shit viewing spectacle.  I don't think we've had more than about 30 mins all season where you could actually make a good case for us being properly on top of a team.  There is not attempt to provide control, nothing out of the ordinary, nothing special about how we play.

I probably come from a good place in that I didn't have to witness last season, and I do appreciate we had to completely re-build and start again and change the style.  However, the team shows no signs of change, we play now precisely how we played away at Carlisle, or home against Barnet, or away at Mansfield or at home today.  It is consistently average and I'd question if a top 6 budget should make you no better than any other team (I think FGR looked worse, but that team apart we've looked no better, no worse than any of our opposition).

Yeesh, you really do have to sell your soul to the devil sometimes, thanks a bunch Williams, look what you got us into.  Power - fuck the moaning fans, stick your oar in - if Flitcroft wants new players in January, he gets them with strings.

Awful season, may end in joy, could be mid table mediocrity.  The annoying thing is that our front four is good enough that a sprinkle of style and substance behind them would probably see us stretch this league.  As it is we'll continue with 6/7 months more of this random shit.
« Last Edit: Saturday, November 25, 2017, 17:11:53 by RobertT » Logged
adje

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Saturday, November 25, 2017, 17:17:39 »

On the other hand pre-Flitcroft and new players some fans had real fear of us dropping again

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Saturday, November 25, 2017, 17:19:35 »

You are missing the point, we are equally as inept.  Long enough into the season to make judgements now, so I will, without fear of being called negative.  We are rank average.  This lottery style football is awful to watch and has created a season, with maybe one or two games worth of exceptions, where nothing but a lucky break, error in defence or set piece separates the two teams.

For me, Flitcroft brings nothing to the table than any other Div4 journeyman Manager couldn't.  He has, probably, a top 6 budget, so on the balance of a season he'll probably get us into the play offs, but my god it is going to be a shit viewing spectacle.  I don't think we've had more than about 30 mins all season where you could actually make a good case for us being properly on top of a team.  There is not attempt to provide control, nothing out of the ordinary, nothing special about how we play.

I probably come from a good place in that I didn't have to witness last season, and I do appreciate we had to completely re-build and start again and change the style.  However, the team shows no signs of change, we play now precisely how we played away at Carlisle, or home against Barnet, or away at Mansfield or at home today.  It is consistently average and I'd question if a top 6 budget should make you no better than any other team (I think FGR looked worse, but that team apart we've looked no better, no worse than any of our opposition).

Yeesh, you really do have to sell your soul to the devil sometimes, thanks a bunch Williams, look what you got us into.  Power - fuck then moaning fans, stick you oar in - if Flitcroft wants new players in January, he gets them with strings.

Awful season, may end in joy, could be mid table mediocrity.  The annoying thing is that our front four is good enough that a sprinkle of style and substance behind them would probably see us stretch this league.  As it is we'll continue with 6/7 months more of this random shit.
That does pretty much sum it up, if this is Flitcrofts style then it’s almost as bad as Williams but on the end of the spectrum it is a lottery and results have masked a lack of quality. I will say Bury fans were right that all his cliches and sound bites in interviews though, they do get a bit tiresome.
Also the Vigouroux situation still worries me going forward as he seems to like a team of yes men (generally just signs those he’s previously managed) and anyone that deviates gets alienated.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Saturday, November 25, 2017, 17:24:58 »

On the other hand pre-Flitcroft and new players some fans had real fear of us dropping again

I agree, and Power gets blame for allowing it, but also needs bigger balls now rather than being able to hide behind the "well, you asked me to keep out" argument he could easily do now.  The team under Williams would probably have struggled, this is better than that, but, it is not all it could be.  It is why I remarked i didn't see last season, because this would otherwise be the worst set of performances I can remember since King's time in charge.  Bereft of anything beyond a simple hit and hope style.  If last season hadn't happened, this would be unacceptable, so just because Williams was shit, doesn't mean we can't call this shit, because it is.  I think it is pretty abject for a Manager to create an entire team on a decent budget and provide nothing more than any other team in the same league.  I think Williams and Power deserve all the stick they get for allowing last season to happen, which probably goes back a full year prior to that in reality.
REDBUCK

« Reply #58 on: Saturday, November 25, 2017, 17:25:44 »

What Rob said and more.

Mid table Div 4 fare. Team with more threat at set pieces won the game.

Anderson and Dunne gave the ball away too often and should have been substituted instead of the two that were.

I'm frozen
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Saturday, November 25, 2017, 17:26:56 »

Guess Reg still thinks this!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: