Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Newport County - Matchday Thread  (Read 23276 times)
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #75 on: Saturday, November 25, 2017, 19:47:41 »

That was as bad an advertisement for football as there can be. Newport were truly shit but we managed to be worse. I know we've got injuries but Flitcroft has got to take some shit today. I felt sorry for Dunne who had to do the work of 3. How many more times do we need to prove that Goddard is fucking useless in midfield. Taylor has no legs and was another waste of space in midfield. His crossing was crap today as well. Why not keep him at left back. Here's a novel idea, why not put a midfielder in midfielder. Give Smith a run and that gives less disruption to the team and at least you've got 2 grafters and would allow a more attacking midfielder alongside.
The midfield is a real problem and has been all season.
Shitty goal to give away but we couldn't really moan too much.
Ref was probably the best I've seen at the CG this season - the lowest of bars though.
Good support from Newport today.
Lucky we've got a couple of decent home games coming up over X Mas as I can see crowds going right down the shitter.
In my opinion though this is still considerably better than last season - at least we've got effort. Get the midfield sorted and we could just do it although I still think top 10.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Saturday, November 25, 2017, 19:53:53 »

Not ruthless enough? You’ve got to create chances to be ruthless, I do sometimes wonder what game he watches.
He does talk some rubbish at times.  Norris has scored most of his goals from penalties, where you damn well should be ruthless.  It goes to show his thought process though, everything else is being played to plan, he just feels we haven't put enough chances on target.   That's because what we saw today is what we have seen every week, and it relies on the front men putting the scraps away, nothing more taxing than that in the tactics sessions i doubt.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Saturday, November 25, 2017, 19:56:57 »

He does talk some rubbish at times.  Norris has scored most of his goals from penalties, where you damn well should be ruthless.  It goes to show his thought process though, everything else is being played to plan, he just feels we haven't put enough chances on target.   That's because what we saw today is what we have seen every week, and it relies on the front men putting the scraps away, nothing more taxing than that in the tactics sessions i doubt.
Yup, this is the plan. We play percentage football, because that's Flitcroft's brief - do what it takes to get the team to be effective and get us up - and that's the way he thinks we will do it.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Saturday, November 25, 2017, 20:01:50 »

“Today, we have been beaten by a set piece, but I don’t think that is the reason we have lost the game,” he said.

Oh, er, yeah, yeah it is.

Oh, and the ref was OK.

And Vigs is the better keeper. But if what is reported is true then he's coming across as a bit of a wally- that it sounded from the Flitcroft interview he declared himself injured...
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Saturday, November 25, 2017, 20:06:14 »

Furious.  Went to the match for the first time in ages without the children and the bloody referee wasn't shit!

Honestly I was waiting for that opportunity to shout cunt loudly in public but he was perfectly adequate.

Mind you football was still a pile of bollocks.

Never knowingly overstated.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Saturday, November 25, 2017, 20:11:02 »

Haven't read back yet.

Flitcroft has to take a kick in the bollocks for this one.

Should of changed it well well before he did...all around me saw it was coming.

Too little, too late.

Clems Army!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Saturday, November 25, 2017, 20:12:35 »

And Vigs is the better keeper. But if what is reported is true then he's coming across as a bit of a wally- that it sounded from the Flitcroft interview he declared himself injured...
Equally, not impressed with a manager conducting that business in public. Looks like he's more keen on establishing his own side of the story than getting a
 good player back in the team. "Team more important than ego" applies to the manager as well, in fact all the more so.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Saturday, November 25, 2017, 20:14:11 »

Furious.  Went to the match for the first time in ages without the children and the bloody referee wasn't shit!

Honestly I was waiting for that opportunity to shout cunt loudly in public but he was perfectly adequate.
You could have shouted it at most of our midfield tbf
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Saturday, November 25, 2017, 20:19:59 »

Equally, not impressed with a manager conducting that business in public. Looks like he's more keen on establishing his own side of the story than getting a good player back in the team. "Team more important than ego" applies to the manager as well, in fact all the more so.
Hope whatever has happened becomes public as both are coming across as a pair of twats at the moment. Flitcroft is showing piss poor man management though and hardly surprising he failed higher up the leagues where egos are more prevalent.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Saturday, November 25, 2017, 20:38:18 »

You could have shouted it at most of our midfield tbf

We had a midfield?

Never knowingly overstated.
Ticker45

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Saturday, November 25, 2017, 21:12:08 »

Was at the game on a freebie as well so got to hear what Flitcroft had to say before the match. Knows he has a lot of work to do to try a build a "team" ethic as he started from scratch and looks to what Sean Dyche has done at Burnley as an example as what can be achieved. Has agents already in contact about January and looking to get players in without a doubt. The Vigeroux situation was questioned and was painfully obvious to me that that it is a player thinking he is bigger than the club, so no real surprise there. He would like to see the younger players making a breakthrough but knows that they need more time to build strength and fitness for Divvy 2, mentioned that Gordon was out of his depth at Grimsby and he is one of the better youger ones. The injuries have hit the squad hard and difficult to replace like for like.

Regarding the match, it was a pile of crap from start to finish, looked like we were at the start of the season where no-one knew who was supposed to be doing what. Luckily the Stevenage game does not mean a thing in real terms jut get it out of the way with no further injuries and then move on.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is unknown but today could be a whole lot better.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Saturday, November 25, 2017, 22:07:58 »

Newport trashed the Groves Company on Fleet st apprently
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Saturday, November 25, 2017, 23:27:34 »

Quote from: pauld
Equally, not impressed with a manager conducting that business in public. Looks like he's more keen on establishing his own side of the story than getting a
 good player back in the team. "Team more important than ego" applies to the manager as well, in fact all the more so.

true, but he's between a rock and a hard place on this. say nothing and people speculate.

sadly think it's increasingly unlikely we'll see him again. and that's a shame as he's clearly our best keeper.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Saturday, November 25, 2017, 23:48:12 »

true, but he's between a rock and a hard place on this. say nothing and people speculate.
Fine, so say something (briefly) that plays it down and deal with whatever it is internally. Instead he's (presumably deliberately) added fuel to the fire and invited speculation. Weak, poor man management
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Saturday, November 25, 2017, 23:48:55 »

Newport trashed the Groves Company on Fleet st apprently
Caused thousands of pounds worth of improvements
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: