Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Newport County - Matchday Thread  (Read 23460 times)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Saturday, November 25, 2017, 17:29:59 »

Flitcroft would get the benefit of the doubt if he could point to something developing, but it isn't.  There is no change in over 20 games, nothing is developing, no partnerships, no little extra edge, no building a style.  It is what it is, call it for that - we hit it long and hope.  We have a good set piece taker and we'll rely on that and some cloggers in midfield and at the back to get it clear.  I'm not suggesting we do anything about it, just venting that it's awful to watch.  I won't be changing my assertion we will get into the play offs - the lottery team will get into the lottery.  I just reckon it could be better than this, no, it should be better than this - and I am consistent, I have said it when we win, because this performance was not that different to us beating teams by 3 goals.  We are not that good, we are not this bad.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Saturday, November 25, 2017, 17:35:22 »

We’re fucking Shit. I tend to give flitcroft a pass due to our away form, but he can get fucked if he’s going to moan at the press for being negative and then *continue* to serve up the exact same turgid shite week after fucking week

It’s like that Shane warne quote about Monty Panesar (which I think Robert T has already attributed to us this season). We haven’t played 20 games this season - we’ve played one game, twenty times.

Also to add that Matt Taylor simply doesn’t have the legs to play central midfield anymore

Things get better but they never get good
Outletred

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Saturday, November 25, 2017, 17:36:59 »

Thank god we have a decent away record.

At home we have made no progress whatsoever from early season 10 games in. This simply has to change
REDBUCK

« Reply #63 on: Saturday, November 25, 2017, 17:42:56 »

Also to add that Matt Taylor simply doesn’t have the legs to play central midfield any more

He doesn't have to if all he needs to do is hook it on or rake it 40 yards into the corners.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Saturday, November 25, 2017, 18:02:18 »

Guess Reg still thinks this!

No room for complacency Ronnie. I think some of our fans assume that as Newport were playing in the Hellenic League at Moreton in Marsh, when we were winning Wembley PO's, we should be better than them.

Reality tells us however there's not much between the clubs atm.....

We've  games v the top 3 before the end of the year, + ColU at the CG who we often struggle to beat, so there's reasons to suspect we might be dropping like a stone come January.

Pax Romana

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Saturday, November 25, 2017, 18:37:11 »

Left after an hour so can't comment on the goal etc. but the first 60 mins were truly dreadful.  The team were clearly trying but there was nothing there.   
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Saturday, November 25, 2017, 18:41:50 »

That was fucking terrible, a game with no redeeming features whatever. Apart from the ref, he was OK. But it was a dire game between two dire teams who seemed to be competing to see who could play the least football.
normy

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Saturday, November 25, 2017, 18:55:22 »

I couldn't believe how many misplaced passes and headers giving up possession we did. Thought we were better than that, though lacking in quality with a weakened team.

ust be the oldest
overthehill

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Saturday, November 25, 2017, 19:08:34 »

Utter crap.  Had a freebee in the sponsors lounge today and the football looked even worse from the Arkells than it normally does from the Town End
Flitcroft had no idea how to change the game.
He's obviously fallen out with Vigs and has no time for the impressive (IMO) Tom Smith.
Harry Smith is a big fairy.
No fucking better than the shit dished up over the previous 2 seasons.
Could be less than 5 thousand soon which is what they deserve.
Utter crap !!

When you're smiling.........
Wilf Shergold

« Reply #69 on: Saturday, November 25, 2017, 19:09:26 »

I was sitting near Power last week at Yeovil. Make no mistake he was totally pissed off with the performance first half - what he was saying about Norris I can’t repeat.

But when the winner went in he went apeshit as much as any Town fan. So I don’t think he will put up with Flitters and an ‘average’ 4th Div team for ever, even if he does want to sell up. (Along with every other 3rd/4th Div Chairman.)

Today was a waste of a 200 mile journey for me, and about £60+.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Saturday, November 25, 2017, 19:24:09 »

To be honest I can see Power losing patience with Flitcroft before long, certainly a lot sooner than he did with Williams. He’s given Flitcroft a decent budget and he has wasted it all on a team of journeymen cloggers with no quality or resale value and alienated the one player who did have some potential. If we did go up we’d need pretty and entire new XI and a new style of play so it’s not even building for the future.  Flitcroft spouts all this bollocks about changing the culture at the club, but if this is his ‘cultire’ it’s not going to be much fun but it’s probably another one of the meaningless cliches he throws into every interview. We’ve been overran at times by some truly awful teams this season and our smash and grabs away from home have papered over gaping cracks.

Will be interesting to see how Power plays this.
overthehill

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Saturday, November 25, 2017, 19:29:28 »

Any post match comments from Flitcroft today ?

When you're smiling.........
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Saturday, November 25, 2017, 19:33:26 »

well, today was shit.

I got to B&M Bargains, had a panic I forgot to turn the gas hob off. Rushed back (with kids) and found it off when I got there.

Consequently we missed the first 6 minutes and I wish it had been 84 more minutes. For only in the 4 minutes of injury time did we ever look like scoring.

Newport were shit too, but a bit better than us in midfield. And so I don't begrudge them the win.

We didn't create, and Flitcroft didn't change anything to make sure we did.

I don't fault the effort really, but ...

Oh, and I don't rate Smith.

Humph.
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Saturday, November 25, 2017, 19:38:24 »

Any post match comments from Flitcroft today ?

Yes. The usual bollocks:

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/swindon_town_2014/15684211.Town_boss_rues_lack_of_conviction_after_slipping_to_home_defeat/
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Saturday, November 25, 2017, 19:42:01 »

Not ruthless enough? You’ve got to create chances to be ruthless, I do sometimes wonder what game he watches.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: