Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Londoners - Esp Sonic  (Read 5959 times)
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« on: Friday, November 24, 2017, 10:39:43 »

I need the best route to get to Clapham one weekend.

I was thinking of driving to Morden, and getting the northern line.

Any other tips? Will have two kids and two bitches with me - one with 4 legs.

Ta.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Friday, November 24, 2017, 10:54:20 »

I live close to Clapham Common Station. No idea what getting to Morden is like but the northern line from Morden to Clapham South/North/Common is very good.

Where are you off to and what are you up to?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Friday, November 24, 2017, 11:03:44 »

Want to visit Winterville. Did hyde park last year and wasn't impressed, and winterville is run by streetfeast so got to be better..

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Panda Paws

« Reply #3 on: Friday, November 24, 2017, 11:10:24 »

You might be better of parking (free on a Saturday) in Barnes and getting the train (every 15 mins) to Wandsworth Town, then a 15 min walk from there.

The driving bit would be a lot quicker and easier, but the walk might be a deal breaker!
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Friday, November 24, 2017, 12:45:36 »

Want to visit Winterville. Did hyde park last year and wasn't impressed, and winterville is run by streetfeast so got to be better..

Is that on Clapham Common?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Sippo
Living in the 80s

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Friday, November 24, 2017, 12:52:28 »

Yep

sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Friday, November 24, 2017, 12:58:07 »

You might be better of parking (free on a Saturday) in Barnes and getting the train (every 15 mins) to Wandsworth Town, then a 15 min walk from there.

The driving bit would be a lot quicker and easier, but the walk might be a deal breaker!
I'd suggest this too but walk might be a bit much with kids?
Sippo
Living in the 80s

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Friday, November 24, 2017, 13:08:58 »

And two young kids aswell...

4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Friday, November 24, 2017, 13:36:47 »

Hammersmith > Fulham Palace Road > Putney Bridge > South Circular > Clapham
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Friday, November 24, 2017, 13:46:44 »

And two young kids aswell...

??

Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Saturday, November 25, 2017, 10:29:35 »

Yep

Cheers, I’ll have to take a wander up there. Did the Hyde Park thing a couple of years ago and wasn’t impressed like yourself. There is a decent one at South Bank which is pretty good also.

Sippo
Living in the 80s

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Saturday, November 25, 2017, 17:41:05 »

If it's run by streetfeast it should be immense. Dinerama and Hawker house are immense.

Let me know how you get on. Think we are going Dec 8th.

Sippo
Living in the 80s

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Sunday, November 26, 2017, 19:09:47 »

Looks like I'm going to give this a miss now, as they ar shutting the m4 nearly every weekend before Christmas! Between Junc 12 & 13. Not worth the hassle. Going to be carnage.

Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Saturday, December 9, 2017, 10:45:30 »

Looks like I'm going to give this a miss now, as they ar shutting the m4 nearly every weekend before Christmas! Between Junc 12 & 13. Not worth the hassle. Going to be carnage.

Cheers for the heads up on that place, we went last night, it was absolutely Baltic!! That said you were spot on about the food, immense. Had the most pleasant Jerk Chicken burger and fries and pork and chilli in one of those soft Chinese bap type things. Great variety so will definitely go back. Much less of a crowd than Hyde Park too.

Final word on the prices, it was NOT cheap at all. £8 for a chicken burger, however tasty is on the steep side, however I guess that’s London for you!

Sippo
Living in the 80s

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Saturday, December 9, 2017, 14:19:22 »

Streetfeast is 'expensive' but in my opinion is worth it. You need to pop to Dinerama. It really is superb.

I am gutted we won't be going to winterville.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: